PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the Circus over playing the Jets now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Now that Mangina will coach the Browns what happens when we play the Jets this year? Will the Media circus be over?

FYI- We play at Cleveland in 2010. Bet its a Sunday night game.

Nah, there's still plenty of mutual hatred to keep it a zoo.

Hopefully it is. The rivalry will hopefully still be pretty heated.

Hopefully it is. The rivalry will hopefully still be pretty heated.

=======================================================

The Jets rivalry is with the Fish.

Now that Mangina will coach the Browns what happens when we play the Jets this year? Will the Media circus be over?

FYI- We play at Cleveland in 2010. Bet its a Sunday night game.
2010 schedule isn't made yet. They only did through 2009.

Is anything rarely over with the Jets. Put aside Mangini and I still dislike every sporting organisation in that city.

Rivalries are novels not short stories, so bring on the next chapter! I'll wait for Fredo's memoir to hit paperback, to read what really happened during those icy handshakes. I'm sure they were throwing pleasantries around like manhole covers.

Actually 14 of the 16 games and whether they are home and away are set for the next 8 years as somebody posted with johnnyroadtrip.com. The only two games TBA are based on the team's finish within the division.
Should the Pats finish first, they would play all the first place AFC teams the next year. Since they would already be playing all of the teams in one of the three other AFC divisions rotating every three years, it just means playing the first place teams in the division that they aren't playing all the teams.

Example
2008 AFC West- The Pats finished first last year so they played the other first place teams. Since they were playing all the teams in the AFC west (SD<OAK<KC<Den), the two other first place teams were Indy and Pitts.

2009 AFC South- The Pats finished second this year, so they will play the other second place teams, Balt, Den and Indy. Since the PAts will be playing all the teams in the AFC south, the other two teams are Balt and Denver.
2010 AFC North- Depending on the Pats postional finish in 2009, they will play either both 1st, both 2nd, both 3rd or both 4th teams from AFC South and AFC west for the two games not predetermined...

Maybe, but bring on the Chiefs!

Last edited:
Maybe, but bring on the Chiefs!
Oh, man, with Pioli telling the Chiefs he intends to build a team, not collect talent, that individual players go to Pro Bowls but teams win Championships....I sense a shift in power in the AFCW and a new perennial opponent to go along with the Colts and Steelers.

Is that because you know trying to beat the Patriots is futile? :singing:

Long-term, sure. But you can't tell me there hasnt been a great deal of vitriol between the Pats and Jets these past 12 or so years.

Oh, man, with Pioli telling the Chiefs he intends to build a team, not collect talent, that individual players go to Pro Bowls but teams win Championships....I sense a shift in power in the AFCW and a new perennial opponent to go along with the Colts and Steelers.

The Colts are dead as an opponent as soon as Manning starts to lose it.

or, you know, it's a playoff game.

Last edited:

and the steelers miss the playoffs every 2 yrs...LOL, or we destroy them in the AFC champ. game

What about the Manning face?

What would we do without it?

Attachments

• 1195536251_peyton.jpg
    1195536251_peyton.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 106

LOL:D
I wonder who's going to replace Dungy?

But the division that the Pats are playing is already decided...they rotate year to year..so it's only two games that are not decided and those depend on where a team finishes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots