PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is THAT seriously all it took to stop us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is THAT seriously all it took to stop us?
  • Edelman OUT
  • Amendola OUT
  • Lewis OUT
  • Gronk OUT
  • Hightower OUT
  • Collins OUT
  • BENT Refs
  • Overtime in Denver
This team is clearly not that good if you ask me :rolleyes:

January will be fun ;)

Is Gronk going to be ok? Then hell yes lets circle the wagon and burn this league to the ground on the way to number 5.

If he's not? We're screwed.

We'll see tomorrow probably.

The only thing that can stop this team is health.

Unfortunately, health is a pesky competitor who doesn't want to stop fighting us.

No team could lose 5 of it's 6 most important players and compete like the Pats. It's a terrible shame they lost this one, cause tonight took huge guts and it just slipped away.

Last edited:
  • Edelman OUT
  • Amendola OUT
  • Lewis OUT
  • Gronk OUT
  • Hightower OUT
  • Collins OUT
  • BENT Refs
  • Overtime in Denver

January will be fun ;)
and Solder.....

• Edelman OUT
  • Amendola OUT
  • Lewis OUT
  • Gronk OUT
  • Hightower OUT
  • Collins OUT
  • BENT Refs
  • Overtime in Denver

January will be fun ;)
That's assuming we get guys back. We don't know if Edelman's injury will cooperate with the estimated timetable. The same could be said for Amendola, as the initial word was that he'd be good for the Denver game. Nobody knows the extent of Gronk's injury, though the word is encouraging at the present time (more after the MRI). And nobody knows anything about High, which is scary.

But yeah, it took a lot for a team to barely beat NE. I mean, one would think that Harper muff doesn't happen if Harper is not back there in the first place. One has to think that the kind of day CJ had would have at least been mitigated with one or both LB's of High and Collins in the game. One has to think that if we didn't have calls like the OPI on Gronk or the non calls like every time Ninko was held or Chandler Jones having his facemask readjusted just feet from the QB on a TD pass, then NE would have won the game.

Last edited:
The Pats lost as much as I am pissed off and tired, it is not the end of the world.. worried more about the big pix, particularly the injuries to Hightower and Gronk..

Goodell and Kensil are jerking off in the Park Ave. basement, stuff happens.. considering the personnel on the field, it is not completely unexpected..

Keep in mind that Denver was pretty banged up yesterday too. Down a couple of offensive linemen, didn't have Ware, lost Ward and another starter on defense. Injuries plagued both teams yesterday.

That said, yesterday was actually encouraging for me in this respect. I think that when this team is even moderately healthy, there's nobody they can't beat. I think if they face Denver again, they win by double digits. Nobody in the NFC really frightens me, not even Arizona or Carolina. This team, if healthy, is the best team in football and I think, if they are given a chance health-wise, they will show it come playoff time.

It took everything the universe could throw at them to succumb last night:
  1. Offensive Injuries
  2. Defensive Injuries
  3. Bad Weather
  4. Terrible Officiating (Bad Calls, Missed Calls, Obtuse Calls)
  5. Tough Defensive Competitor
  6. Bad Luck (How many fumbles by DEN did DEN recover? How many INTs just barely missed?)
  7. Away Game in Tough Stadium
  8. Altitude Differences
And it still went into OT! I do not believe that all those stars will align again on them this season.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. All that adversity piled on feels pretty ****ty to the team, I am sure. They did not catch a break this week. Let's see what they do in response over the next five weeks to lay the groundwork for a playoff run.

Remember what they did after the KC game last season? I can't wait to see how they respond to this one.

You forgot 'short week'.

:D

Remember what they did after the KC game last season? I can't wait to see how they respond to this one.
I pity the Eagles on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back