PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Taylor Price still on the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3pnit

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I believe hes been back 2 weeks now and haven't seen him on the field. I would think at least some burn on special teams but BB has Welker playing all special teams which I think is kind of risky. Price showed some speed and flashes of what he can be and I think he can be a great receiver, just wondering if we ever are going to us him or even NEED him with all the weapons. I feel maybe he should be playing over Ocho but ocho has the veteran status.

Ocho has played well. If one of the top three gets hurt, I'm sure Price will be called upon, but the #5 WR on the depth chart in a primarily 2 TE offense isn't going to see much playing time. Barring ST contributions, in fact, there's really no reason to even make him a game day active.

I believe hes been back 2 weeks now and haven't seen him on the field. I would think at least some burn on special teams but BB has Welker playing all special teams which I think is kind of risky. Price showed some speed and flashes of what he can be and I think he can be a great receiver, just wondering if we ever are going to us him or even NEED him with all the weapons. I feel maybe he should be playing over Ocho but ocho has the veteran status.

He's healthy, but I haven't seen him on the field yet. Maybe he's out there on special teams.
I'm surprised he hasn't had much playing time yet. Maybe he hasn't looked good in practice.

He is still low on the list..Ocho is getting more playing time and more catches now

Ocho is feeling more comfortable... Price is a "Cold Weather Receiver" as Parcells put it.

We are saving the guy for a cold day in Nov. or Dec.

It might sound absurd, but he will play at some point Rain Snow Sleet or Sunshine. give Price time b/c we don't need his chyme right now. He can master the book and sit watching us plan. The Rook will play when we say it's okay to join the squad of high-rollers, but right now we need not have a Taylor tombola b/c the Price isn't Right and we haven't allowed him to spin the cash wheel. It is like a fishing reel we have all the teams hooked by the lips and the Price will be a weapon of Vice and he is our under the radar heist that remains unraveled and concealed as he sits off the field, watching. Waiting...

Xanax, Ritalin :) :) :)

legal prescriptions

magic

Last edited:
Why did we draft this guy if he was a project WR? We need to win now, not in 3 years. Perhaps we should have drafted a more NFL ready Wide Receiver like Mike Williams from Syracuse?

Why did we draft this guy if he was a project WR? We need to win now, not in 3 years. Perhaps we should have drafted a more NFL ready Wide Receiver like Mike Williams from Syracuse?

I wouldn't call it a project pick. There is overcrowding at WR... look at my absurdly random poem.

TP is a COLD weather WR sounds dumb but his time will come. I bet you it comes on a nice chilly day. :cool:

Logically it makes no sense, but analytically I can make this defense with a bunch of cold words.

He very well could be on the shelf for the Latter part of the season like i mentioned.

take it for what is worth... he'll have fresh legs and perhaps some COLD toes for Rexy when he finally plays:D

Because you're not going to find any NFL-ready WRs in the third round that don't have major question marks. Williams' was his attitude. Belichick doesn't want quitters on his team. And even then, he doesn't even have 200 yards yet.

Ocho has played well. If one of the top three gets hurt, I'm sure Price will be called upon, but the #5 WR on the depth chart in a primarily 2 TE offense isn't going to see much playing time. Barring ST contributions, in fact, there's really no reason to even make him a game day active.

Ocho is playing well? I'm sorry, but I don't see it with the limited production and penalties. At best, he's been mediocre, and not worth the cap money we've spent on him. I would have rather have not made the trade and have Price out there in his place.

Ostensibly.

I have seen him standing on the sidelines next to BB a few times so at least he's paying attention.

His time will come. Right now he is squeezed by the numbers game and the fact we have 2 awesome tight ends which means you'll rarely see more than 2 receivers on the field.

Ocho is playing well? I'm sorry, but I don't see it with the limited production and penalties. At best, he's been mediocre, and not worth the cap money we've spent on him. I would have rather have not made the trade and have Price out there in his place.

Agree here....would not call what ocho has been doing on field "good". Stupid penalties and 1-3 catches doesn't say that much "good" about him. I was really pulling for him but as cowherd said today..."He can't SEPERATE anymore" . He went on to say that Burress, ocho and other WRs that hit their mid 30's can't gain seperation over the defenders like they used to. I would love to see ocho be really successful here...i really would...just don't see it.:..

His time will come. Right now he is squeezed by the numbers game and the fact we have 2 awesome tight ends which means you'll rarely see more than 2 receivers on the field.

Precisely.

With 2 TEs the opportunities for WRs are diminished. Branch and 83 have to be out there. Clutch. The next option, 85 has lots of NFL game experience and despite failing to set the world on fire here, he has not disqualified himself. Price was active Sunday and had someone gotten hurt (perish the thought) would have gotten reps. The 1st step is to be game day active.

Unfortunately for Price with a healthy Edelperson returning this week, needed for PRs to save WWW from over use, Price may not be game day active again unless someone gets sick with the Gronk flu.

Last edited:
Agree here....would not call what ocho has been doing on field "good". Stupid penalties and 1-3 catches doesn't say that much "good" about him. I was really pulling for him but as cowherd said today..."He can't SEPERATE anymore" . He went on to say that Burress, ocho and other WRs that hit their mid 30's can't gain seperation over the defenders like they used to. I would love to see ocho be really successful here...i really would...just don't see it.:..

the guy is playing 32snaps a game....how many catches should he get when he's only targeted 2-3 times a game?? we play a heavy TE offense and usually you have 83 and 84 on the field. when hes been on the field, he has been running his routes well and contributing. but the fact remains that he is the 3rd wide reciever on a team with 2 productive WR's ahead of him and 2 dynamic tight ends who are recievers also

brady trusted him with a difficult catches on 3rd and long...so to me, that says more than the #'s hes putting up now....

if he was targeted 5-6times a game, obviously he would have more catches and higher production..the guy just isnt getting the reps right now. Does anyone think that Price would be putting up Branch type numbers if he plays 20-30snaps a game?

Last edited:
Because you're not going to find any NFL-ready WRs in the third round that don't have major question marks. Williams' was his attitude. Belichick doesn't want quitters on his team. And even then, he doesn't even have 200 yards yet.

Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Jordan Shipley

Please explain.

And part of the reason we had to get Ocho is because Price isn't up to the task.

Last edited:

A fair point. I really like the two TE sets. With the possibility of more spread sets against the Cowboys, this could be a good week for Chad. I really do hope that he gets more balls thrown his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back