PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is San Diego the perfect team we needed to face sunday amidst this adversity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is San Diego the team you would have picked if you could have had a choice of a team to play following this week of scandalism or would you have rather faced someone like the Browns or Bills that would likely have been a blowout game?

I prefer tough teams to beat like San Diego or say Indy rather than an easier team to dominate like Cleveland.

This game will truly show the world if this team can be resiliant thru adversity or crumble because of these distractions - rather than play a crap team that we should beat easily even if every player was accused of wrongdoing.

This is just the second game of the season and theres 14 more to go,but I think what we accomplish for the rest of the season may be dictated on how the team reacts as a whole on sunday nights game after facing such negativity from everyone outside of Patriot Nation.

This game is the key to a successful year and showing the world this team can win without any help with signals or other advantages or it can be an upward climb thru the season to proving those negative people wrong about us if we lose.

Its a VERY important 2nd game in more ways than one in regards to sending a statement to the world about the "we against the world philosophy" of the 2007 New England Patriots IMO.

Is San Diego the team you would have picked if you could have had a choice of a team to play following this week of scandalism or would you have rather faced someone like the Browns or Bills that would likely have been a blowout game?

I prefer tough teams to beat like San Diego or say Indy rather than an easier team to dominate like Cleveland.

This game will truly show the world if this team can be resiliant thru adversity or crumble because of these distractions - rather than play a crap team that we should beat easily even if every player was accused of wrongdoing.

This is just the second game of the season and theres 14 more to go,but I think what we accomplish for the rest of the season may be dictated on how the team reacts as a whole on sunday nights game after facing such negativity from everyone outside of Patriot Nation.

This game is the key to a successful year and showing the world this team can win without any help with signals or other advantages or it can be an upward climb thru the season to proving those negative people wrong about us if we lose.

Its a VERY important 2nd game in more ways than one in regards to sending a statement to the world about the "we against the world philosophy" of the 2007 New England Patriots IMO.

Like I said, a month from now when you guys visit us in TX Stadium, the whole talk will be "TO vs Moss-a head/head challenge of 2 malcontents".

Seriously-see my thread on "Why isn't Bledsoe still the starting QB?"-if anyone else wants to use this "BB cheated" logic, then I'm SHOCKED that Ledslow didn't put up world beating numbers for you guys.

I think the quality of opponent has kept the team focused, though you wonder how much the scandal and ensuing media conspiracy has distracted them. They are human after all.

I do agree that this game has taken on an added level of importance after this week. Is it the key to a SB season? I don't think so but it is very important in the interim for the reasons you stated. A nice win would quiet the haters, at least for awhile. It would definitely rid the board of the legions of Chargers trash.

I also think it's a game we can win. I think their secondary is their weak link on D. I'm not sold on Rivers either. LT is what he is and he will get his yards.

Honestly, at this point I'm most concerned about the Sunday night NBC curse than anything else.

I think the quality of opponent has kept the team focused, though you wonder how much the scandal and ensuing media conspiracy has distracted them. They are human after all.

I do agree that this game has taken on an added level of importance after this week. Is it the key to a SB season? I don't think so but it is very important in the interim for the reasons you stated. A nice win would quiet the haters, at least for awhile. It would definitely rid the board of the legions of Chargers trash.

I also think it's a game we can win. I think their secondary is their weak link on D. I'm not sold on Rivers either. LT is what he is and he will get his yards.

Honestly, at this point I'm most concerned about the Sunday night NBC curse than anything else.

Remember one thing - Nothing lasts forever such as....

The Patriots were the NFL darlings once and now we are hated so its reasonable to think we can beat the sunday night record jinx as well

Remember one thing - Nothing lasts forever such as....

The Patriots were the NFL darlings once and now we are hated so its reasonable to think we can beat the sunday night record jinx as well

Your point is well taken. Hope you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes