PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Roy Williams the dirtiest player in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trot

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
3 times today he's hit people either at the knees (Brady & Moss) or hit them well after the play (Brady TD). What a piece of garbage.

Last edited:
3 times today he's hit people either at the knees (Brady & Moss) or hit them well after the play (Vrabel TD). What a piece of garbage.

vrabel didnt score but yeah. should be. Rodney doesnt hit people anymore. he cant be dirty.

He also hurt Watson with his patented move of swinging on to the ball carrier's legs from behind.

A few years ago Musa Smith got a compound fracture and Terrell Owens broke (?) his ankle because Williams horse collared them.

Last edited:
A few years ago Musa Smith got a compound fracture and Terrell Owens broke (?) his ankle because Williams horse collared them.

yep and those arent "hard hits"..just pull down tackles

Lot's of guys are just as dirty as Williams. He is just one strong dude, which is why he tends to hurt people. Thank God he blows in coverage or he'd be unstoppable. ;)

They banned the horse collar tackle after six WRs were injured in 2004 because of it. Williams was involved in four of those six.

If it were up to me, I'd make it an automatic ejection and suspension for ***clownery like that.

Williams is definitely the dirtiest player in the game, after watching him today go after the knees tackle after tackle, there is no doubt in my mind, when is this guy going to get suspended for just ignoring the rules again and again as far as this stuff goes?

Oh man I hate this assclown more than ever. The scum should be suspended for his consistant tackles that hurt people. They are not hard hits but he freaking pulls people back and rolls over their legs. WTF can this ******* get a clue

An anonymous denizen of cyperspace writes to ask,
"Does Roy Williams ever tackle someone without trying to end his career?"

Last edited:
No actually, that title belongs to your very own Rodney Harrison, as voted by the players themselves, babycakes.

Ok then, riddle me this as*munch: is Roy Williams the dirtiest non-Patriot in the NFL?

Phraseology better now, lambchop?

Not nearly as dirty as our own Tom Brady!
Remember? He got a vote last season.:p

hands down; roy williams.

that may not have been a "horse collar" because he only grabbed by the waist instead of the shoulder pads; but the real dangerous part of the horse collar is how he drapes his legs across the other players legs and then twists the player using his body as a fulcrum.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE DID TO WATSON. same horse collar maneuver just with the tackling point done lower on the body.

If the league doesn't suspend the Bastich for that........THERE IS NO JUSTICE.

The guy has obviously shown he will not learn from fines. You gotta take some playing time away. (and the associated game checks).

He also hurt Watson with his patented move of swinging on to the ball carrier's legs from behind.

He didn't horse collar Watson but the result was the same.

I don't have too much of a problem with the Watson and Moss hits. I feel like the Tom Brady hit should have been flagged. Didn't they put in a rule after the Carson Palmer knee injury? And the hit on Kyle Brady was unnecessary. I don't know if I'd call Williams the dirtiest player, but he's close.

As an Oklahoma fan, the player that Roy Williams has devolved into disgusts me. He's a disgrace.

Lot's of guys are just as dirty as Williams. He is just one strong dude, which is why he tends to hurt people.

Respectfully, that's CRAP. You can't possibly say that was the case on the Kyle Brady TD. I've now watched that highlight 10 times and it goes like this:

1) #88 catches the ball for an easy TD, feet down, play over.

2) Roy Williams CLOTHESLINES him in the mid-section. On purpose. No doubt.

He should most DEFINITELY be fined for that intentional move to injure another player. He won't, though. They only fine Patriots these days, and generally it's for being shoved into other players by those other players' teammates.

Do you think that TO forgives Williams now that they are teamates for that horsecollar that sidelined him in 04 until the 05 superbowl? If TO had kept playing without injury, that Super Bowl could have been a lot different with a healthy TO in my opinion.

It will be interesting if he gets fined for going for Bradys knees. That was freally obvious,and I thought I was going to see a flag thrown,and was suprised I didn't.

Do you think that TO forgives Williams now that they are teamates for that horsecollar that sidelined him in 04 until the 05 superbowl? If TO had kept playing without injury, that Super Bowl could have been a lot different with a healthy TO in my opinion.

I've wondered that myself...TO does not seem like the type to get over that sort of thing...

I always feel that there is a difference between wanting to inflict pain on people, and wanting to injure them, and I'm sure most people here feel the same. What RW does tends to injure people...it happens far too often for it to be coincidence. Maybe if he was a Pat I'd see it differently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes