PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is playing hapless Buffalo next week a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing the Bills is almost a no-win from a perception perspective. Pats win and it's "BFD, they beat the Bills". If they somehow lose, then this place will look like Jonestown after they drank the kool aid.

That being said, I am very thankful for the Bills to visit!

O.K. Many or should I say ALL of us are sick and ill over this defeat (even though I predicted it)

Is playing Buffalo next week a blessing or a curse?

Unless the Pats fail to show up, the Bills who are at the bottom of the 32 team heap should by all accounts lose in Foxboro next weekend

I would have rather had to play a top notch opponent this very next week to see if this team is able to bounce back from a bitter defeat and beat a quality team but if we win next week we will once again be unaware of what this team can do saying we beat a team in dissaray and even a win will not be a big accomplishment but a win in the division and 2-1 record.

After tonight's game and witnessing a team with a struggling 2nd half offense and little defense,no game will be a walk in the park but if you had to have a win for morale,the closest opponent to a likely win would be to play the Bills who only scored 17 points in 8 quarters thus far.

Would you rather had seen this team play a quality team in week 3 or are you glad we have the hapless Bills on tap?

Then again if the Bills upset the Pats,pack it up and look forward to the Celtics and Bruins upcoming seasons ;) :eek:

A win will be a win. No matter what team you get it against. Yeah I'd say playing Buffalo next week will help. Putting a W in the win column always helps. BUT they can't go in underestimating the Bills either. They should win the game but they still have to execute well. And fix the problems that were exposed against the Jets.

I'll call it...We'll win next week and look good doing it, and then we'll go down to Miami and get spanked on Monday Night.

Going into the bye at 2-2, after todays performance, seems to be best case. I DO NOT see how we beat Miami, especially after how the Jets showed the league how to beat us.

No chance of a win in Miami. The Dolphins are better on both sides of the ball than we are right now and will be playing at home. This team no longer has what it takes to win critical road games.

Last edited:
Good and Bad thing. Patriots will win 59-0. Soon after, stat arguments will generate over the use of the score and stats from the game. Some posters will include the score and stats in their positive views about the offense and defense. Others will be say the stats from the game should be excluded in analysis of the offense and defense.

And of course...

hardboiled-albums-misc-picture731-there-will-blood-poster4.png

Last edited:
I really don't feel like estimating any team. I thought we would spank the Jets

If we win, it's a good thing.

If we lose, it's a bad thing.

Nothing is guaranteed. We may play soft zone again next week and make Trent look All-Pro. Trent had his best game last year against us in week one.

If we win, it's a good thing.

If we lose, it's a bad thing.

Nothing is guaranteed. We may play soft zone again next week and make Trent look All-Pro. Trent had his best game last year against us in week one.

And I'd bet dollars to donuts Sanchez had his best game of the season today. Will be interesting to see how the Dolphins D handles him. I predict it will be better than the second half display we put on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots