PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Phillip Rivers Ryan Leaf's Little Brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this some kind of stupid joke?

Have you ever seen Andre Johnson play? He's got the kind of athleticism Moss had a decade ago. He catches everything thrown to him, he blocks, and he's great after the catch. He's an absolute stud. He made David Carr look like a passable QB for two years, something Steve Smith couldn't do this year.

Rivers is a loud-mouthed stiff, who's never won anything in his career and never will. The first thing he has to learn is to 'SHUT UP'. Once he figures that out, then maybe he can start making baby steps towards becoming a QB that people will try to respect, because right now, he has no one's respect because he can't produce and he can't shut his yap.

If he didn't have LT, he would be stocking shelves with Ryan Leaf right now.

Well he didnt get much help from LT yesterday and he took over control to win that game

That may be what you may call baby steps leading up to the Indy game,If he can duplicate yesterday's effort next week,then who knows?

Have you ever seen Andre Johnson play? He's got the kind of athleticism Moss had a decade ago. He catches everything thrown to him, he blocks, and he's great after the catch. He's an absolute stud. He made David Carr look like a passable QB for two years, something Steve Smith couldn't do this year.

I think Marques Colston may be the next great receiver
Dwayne Bowe had a great rookie year,almost looks like Moss when he catches and runs although its a long way from determining his ability as a pro

Last edited:
right now, he has no one's respect

You are dead wrong. More accurately stated Rivers has no one's respect on a Pats board. I'm sure he and all Chargers fans are very upset about that. ;)

Last edited:
Well he didnt get much help from LT yesterday and he took over control to win that game

Exactly. And Gates went down too. And with no Gates Rivers went on to win the game for his team through the air. Rivers took a big step forward yesterday doing that against the NFL's #5 ranked defense with his only two great offensive players giving him very little support

Last edited:

Have you ever seen Randy Moss play? I'd also take Braylon Edwards at this point.

Johnson's a good player. But to say he's the best receiver in the NFL is asinine, especially after Moss just put up 23 tds. Johnson may one day become what Moss is--odds are against it though. Before you go polishing Johnson's bust for the HoF, watch Moss stroll in.

You are dead wrong. More accurately stated Rivers has no one's respect on a Pats board. I'm sure he and all Chargers fans very upset about that. ;)

Prove it. Show something that has people talking about how great he is outside of SD. He's not even respected on Charger boards. he's a punchline.

You are dead wrong. More accurately stated Rivers has no one's respect on a Pats board. I'm sure he and all Chargers fans very upset about that. ;)

What has Phil Rivers done in this league? Please tell me ? We all want to know.

Tell him to grow up first, keep is trap shut and actually DO SOMETHING in this league, and then, maybe then, he can begin to say a few syllables on the football field. HE'S A STIFF and he will fold like a house of cards in Indy this Sunday, you watch.

Exactly. And Gates went down too. And with no Gates Rivers went on to win the game for his team through the air. Rivers took a big step forward yesterday doing that against the NFL's #5 ranked defense with his only two great offensive players giving him very little support

Hey, I just looked it up... Rivers' middle name is "Sanvara." Things seem so much clearer now.

What has Phil Rivers done in this league? Please tell me ? We all want to know.

Tell him to grow up first, keep is trap shut and actually DO SOMETHING in this league, and then, maybe then, he can begin to say a few syllables on the football field. HE'S A STIFF and he will fold like a house of cards in Indy this Sunday, you watch.

A stiff who won a playoff game for his team based on his playmaking against a top defense. For a second year starter I will take that. It's way too early to call a young player like Rivers a stiff when he has a 26-8 record as a starter. Stiffs don't win 76% of their games.

The Colts have been a better team than the Chargers this year, and they have an even better defense than the Titans and an elite offense, so if the Chargers lose that is not something Rivers should be ashamed of. Rivers lost in the playoffs to a team that has a 29-5 record over the past two seasons. That proves he's a stiff. And if he loses to the SuperBowl champions next week, that would again prove again he is a stiff. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A stiff who won a playoff game for his team based on his playmaking against a top defense. For a second year starter I will take that. It's way too early to call a young player like Rivers a stiff when he has a 26-8 record as a starter. Stiffs don't win 76% of their games.

The Colts have been a better team than the Chargers this year, and they have an even better defense than the Titans, so if the Chargers lose that is not something Rivers should be ashamed of.

Rivers is a GREAT Quarterback... to poop on!

The Colts have been a better team than the Chargers this year, and they have an even better defense than the Titans, so if the Chargers lose that is not something Rivers should be ashamed of.

You haven't commented on his YAP, HIS TRAP, HIS MOUTH, please let us know your thoughts on this guy and LOUD YAP, HE CAN'T SHUT IT. LIGHTS OUT THIS SUNDAY........................Enjoy the next 5 days, it will be over real soon. This stiff doesn't even have the right to be within a 10 meter radius of Tommy Greatness Brady. Tommy never talks, he just wins trophies and sets records, and HE KEEPS HIS TRAP SHUT.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would ignore some of these Patriot fans that are knocking the game he had yesterday which was very respectable,although he needs to do that on a regular basis to get respect around the league.

I am more objective than alot in here who think that any player not wearing a Patriots uniform is either washed up,Has no chance to become a good player or simply sucks,In here you will not find any player to suck on the Patriots so don't look for it
Ask Danny88 about his views of Maroney and the reaction from others towards his opinion ;)

Hey, I just looked it up... Rivers' middle name is "Sanvara." Things seem so much clearer now.

Great point. I love your keen insight on what Rivers did yesterday from a football perspective. Way to make Pats fans look smart. :rofl:

Last edited:
ROTFLMAO!

Great point. I love your keen insight on what Rivers did yesterday from a football perspective. :rofl:

Let's be objective, 19 of 30 for 292 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT

(17 WHOPPING POINTS FROM PHIL RIVERS)

Most of that yardage just happened to come on blown coverage by the Tenneesee safety and DB, the wideouts were WIDE OPEN my friend. I think even Vince Young could have hit those passes. Even Phil Rivers couldn't screw that up. Let's be objective and call it like it was.

19/30 292 (2 bombs to uncovered wideouts) 1 TD and 1 INT
(That is a bad game for Tom Brady)

I would ignore some of these Patriot fans that are knocking the game he had yesterday which was very respectable,although he needs to do that on a regular basis to get respect around the league.

I am more objective than alot in here who think that any player not wearing a Patriots uniform is either washed up,Has no chance to become a good player or simply sucks,In here you will not find any player to suck on the Patriots so don't look for it
Ask Danny88 about his views of Maroney and the reaction from others towards his opinion ;)

Thanks for your comments. What a breath of fresh air to hear some objectivity.

It's actually entertaining to engage these homers in discussion when they are obviously so biased and lack an ounce of objectivity, and it's fun to laugh at their ridiculous statements. You must shake your head and laugh sometimes at these people too. All teams have these kinds of homer fans. It's pretty funny.

Last edited:

Not true, I have a ton of respect for a lot of players who aren't Patriots. Rivers isn't one of them. Cromartie is, though if that makes you feel better.

Let's be objective, 19 of 30 for 292 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT

(17 WHOPPING POINTS FROM PHIL RIVERS)

Most of that yardage just happened to come on blown coverage by the Tenneesee safety and DB, the wideouts were WIDE OPEN my friend. I think even Vince Young could have hit those passes. Even Phil Rivers couldn't screw that up. Let's be objective and call it like it was.

19/30 292 (2 bombs to uncovered wideouts) 1 TD and 1 INT
(That is a bad game for Tom Brady)

Do you watch NFL games objectively? The Titans have the #5 ranked defense in the NFL. The fact that Rivers won the game for his team against a top defense with little support from his only two great offensive players is an achievement for a young player, or any player. Imagine if Moss and Welker gave Brady no production and he only had mediocre offensive players left to make plays to. It makes the job a lot harder.

QB's miss making plays to open receivers in every game. So when Rivers makes plays to open receivers that counts against him? What's he supposed to do, force a pass to try and make a spectacular play when he has an open receiver? And if he does that it will mean he's doesn't suck? :rofl:

When Brady throws a bomb to a wide open Moss or Stallworth everyone talks about how great Brady is. Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot it means Rivers isn't very good.

Nice try.

Last edited:
Do you watch NFL games objectively? The Titans have the #5 ranked defense in the NFL.

QB's miss making plays to open receivers in every game. So when Rivers makes plays to open receivers that counts against him? What's he supposed to do, force a pass to try and make a spectacular play when he has an open receiver? And if he does that it will mean he's doesn't suck? :rofl:

Nice try.

The #5 defense in the league, and your point is what ?????

Michael Griffin and the corner completely blow two coverages leaving 2 wideouts without a defensive body anywhere within a 15 yard radius. Phil Rivers throws a football to 2 completely uncovered wideouts and now he's the greatest thing since sliced bread after putting up a monstrous 17 points at home. Are you serious ?

Also, you still haven't commented on Phil's trap, his mouth. Please give me your thoughts on that, your ignoring this.

gee, he had to score a whopping total of 7 points @ to win a game at home. and against a god-awful tennessee offense that turned it over 2x and missed a chip shot field goal, chargers got 17. woohoo, the guy is absolutely montana-like. lol NOT!!!
:rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes