PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Phillip Rivers Ryan Leaf's Little Brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One guy went to the Pro Bowl over Brady and the other didn't. For that Rivers will be forever hated on Pats message boards.

Speak for yourself. What sense does it make to hate somebody for something they didn't cause?

That is idiotic.

Have you ever had a loaded gun pointed at you? How about putting hatred into some better context than a stupid football guy getting votes from stupid voters?

One guy went to the Pro Bowl over Brady and the other didn't. For that Rivers will be forever hated on Pats message boards.

would you trade rivers for brady straight up?

Heh. But you must admit they are merely pretenders in the azzhole department compared to Uncle Bill..
Yeah, Polian is a jerk, I agree, but getting back on topic, that was a hilarious post comparing Rivers and Leaf.

I only called people morons when they call me idiots.
You call everyone who ever met you a moron? (And they call you an idiot, not an idiots, BTW.)

We're intellegent enought to know fans vote for pro bowls. They are not a sign of who is better. This year has proven Rivers is obviously light-years away from being a viable NFL starting QB, but I guess he'll do for a team like the Chargers.:D

Last edited:
I am not so sure that Ryan Leaf wouldn't be decent on this team.

I think that many QBs in the league would play fine on this Chargers team, they are loaded with talent.

And anyone who says that Rivers is better than Brees is a complete moron. they should not be allowed to post on here. That's like saying Bledsoe is better than Brady. It's just wrong, and it's obvious, and it shouldn't even be discussed.

If you stuck Garcia, Garrard, Derek Anderson, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Todd Collins, Donovan McNabb or Matt Hasselback on that team, they would perform better.

That's not even counting the QBs who are CLEARLY better than Rivers (Brady, Manning, Favre, etc.)

I am not so sure that Ryan Leaf wouldn't be decent on this team.
I was thinking the same. Rivers is asked to do so little I don't see Leaf doing worse. Maybe even somewhat better because I think he threw a better deep ball.

Give Rivers a little credit in his game yesterday in which Tomlinson's play was below average.

Rivers stepped up to the plate in a big game and delivered great throws in crucial situations.

Maybe he will mature a bit,Maybe not but you gotta say that when the teams biggest offensive threat in LT didn't play well Rivers picked up the slack and played superb when it was needed.

Charger GM Bobby Beathard publicly stated he preferred Leaf over Manning, trading up to #2 to get him.

You can't always take public statements like that at face value. Why would Beathard say that in the media if he really believed it? To give the Colts seconds thoughts about taking Manning, that's why. Don't discount that it was a ploy to try and sucker the Colts into taking Leaf.

Is it just me or does Rivers kind of look like Jack Palance?

Anyway, my neighbor is a Chargers fan and I had him over to watch the game yesterday. Even he admitted Brees is the better of the two QB's.

But hey Sanvara, don't worry about it. There were people on this board not too long ago who fought hard in support of the (now proven to be ridiculous) idea that Bledsoe was a better QB than Brady.

We're intellegent enought to know fans vote for pro bowls. They are not a sign of who is better. This year has proven Rivers is obviously light-years away from being a viable NFL starting QB

You didn't watch the Chargers/Titans game yesterday? Rivers carried the team on his back, cutting up the #5 ranked defense for a playoff win with the Chargers two best offensive players (LT and Gates) giving the team virtually nothing. Don't let the hate blind you to reality.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does Rivers kind of look like Jack Palance?

Anyway, my neighbor is a Chargers fan and I had him over to watch the game yesterday. Even he admitted Brees is the better of the two QB's.

Not unexpectedly, Brees is a better QB in terms of individual statistical achievement in his 6th season as a starter while Rivers is only in his second season as a starter. Experience has a lot to do with that. I can see how people focused on individual numbers could say Brees is a better QB, but I'm not big on individual numbers if they don't lead to wins.

The indisputable fact is Brees in his 4th season as a starter took the Chargers to a 9-7 season with LT and Gates and could not make the playoffs. Rivers, with much less experience and with virtually the same roster Brees had, took the team to 14-2 because he made more critical plays and has better in-game management skills than Brees. Wins and losses don't lie and wins and losses are all that matter. Rivers has done more of what is needed to win games and some of that is not seen in looking at individual stats.

Some people (including some Chargers fans) who just looks at things on the surface might not have the insight to see that Rivers is winning games Brees was not able to win and the results bear that out. Brees simply does not make some plays at important times, plays that are needed to get wins. If you throw for 300 yards and you don't make the one or two crucial plays that are needed to get a win or you don't manage the game well you can take a loss, while a QB who is less experienced and who has inferior personal stats, but makes more of those critical plays and manages the game better gets the win. Rivers has made more of those critical plays needed to win games, and has managed games better, and that's why he won a lot more games than Brees with the same roster.

Last edited:
The most comical moment in that pathetic excuse for a playoff game yesterday was when Rivers threw a hissy fit because his reciever did not break up the horrible int he threw, like it was the recievers fault he sucks ass as a QB.

As much as I hate the Colts, I cannot wait to watch them blow the Chargers out of the dome next Sunday if for no other reason than I know it will jerk a knot in your ass sanvara, you are a raging moron, typical douchebag Chargers fan..............

Not for long you won't.
Those INTs next week are really going to bother you. Trust me.
And I do go by W/L.
16-0 is hard to forget.

Seriously. It's like saying "Randy Moss is not as good as Andre Johnson. Look at their 2006 seasons!"

I went along reading this post, agreeing with everything you and everyone else was writing until I got to this.

I'd trade Randy Moss for Andre Johnson faster than you can blink an eyelid. Johnson is the best WR in football, bar none. He's what Moss was a decade ago. He was derailed this year by injuries and has had to deal with crappy QBs, but still put up better numbers catching balls from David Carr (who has been exposed as a complete joke) than Moss did from Collins/Brooks/Walter. Moss isn't as good as Johnson. He was better a decade ago, but Moss, despite the season he had, is not the receiver he was a decade ago. Johnson is in his prime and, with health and Matt Schaub in his future, should be getting ready to smile for his bust some day.

The most comical moment in that pathetic excuse for a playoff game yesterday was when Rivers threw a hissy fit because his reciever did not break up the horrible int he threw

Did you watch the halftime analysis? Rivers made the right play going to the one on one matchup on the post route. Cowher also said that interception was on the receiver and not Rivers.

There is nothing wrong with holding people accountable if they screw up. When Rivers does it it's a "hissy fit" on the Pats board, when Brady does it he is showing leadership. Funny how that works.

Last edited:
I went along reading this post, agreeing with everything you and everyone else was writing until I got to this.

I'd trade Randy Moss for Andre Johnson faster than you can blink an eyelid. Johnson is the best WR in football, bar none. He's what Moss was a decade ago. He was derailed this year by injuries and has had to deal with crappy QBs, but still put up better numbers catching balls from David Carr (who has been exposed as a complete joke) than Moss did from Collins/Brooks/Walter. Moss isn't as good as Johnson. He was better a decade ago, but Moss, despite the season he had, is not the receiver he was a decade ago. Johnson is in his prime and, with health and Matt Schaub in his future, should be getting ready to smile for his bust some day.

Is this some kind of stupid joke?

Did you watch the halftime analysis? A player who has actually played the NFL game, while you have not, said that was on the receiver and not Rivers. There is nothing wrong with holding people accountable if they screw up. When Rivers does it it's a "hissy fit" on the Pats board, when Brady does it he is showing leadership. Funny how that works.

Shannon Sharpe? Are you kidding me? Marble Mouth? That's who you're listening to? And Brady has NEVER, I repeat NEVER done that.

Can you spell M-V-P? I know I can. It's also spelled B-r-a-d-y. :D

Last edited:
Rivers is a loud-mouthed stiff, who's never won anything in his career and never will. The first thing he has to learn is to 'SHUT UP'. Once he figures that out, then maybe he can start making baby steps towards becoming a QB that people will try to respect, because right now, he has no one's respect because he can't produce and he can't shut his yap.

If he didn't have LT, he would be stocking shelves with Ryan Leaf right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shannon Sharpe? Are you kidding me? Marble Mouth? That's who you're listening to? And Brady has NEVER, I repeat NEVER done that.

It was Cowher that said the interception was on the receiver. I think he knows a little more about the game than you do.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye