PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Peyton a 2015 locker room cancer waiting to happen?

Let's not forget that this is the guy who choreographed his own "hazing" after the record breaking touchdown throw, and even had the guys practice it before the game. And those guys appreciated it so much, that they took the first opportunity to point that out when the media asked them about it. They had no issue making Peyton look like a tool to the entire world. Sounds like a tight knit group he has there.

Chris Harris has to realize winning a championship is much harder then just buying won. They really thought the buying of those free agents, and their hype would get them a super bowl. It's much more then that.

I'm sure he does. I'm not fan of Harris, but that defense played well enough to win the game. Peyton just **** the bed again.

I don't think Chris Harris frustration was with how hard it is to win a championship when the Broncos are down and he's having the soul sucked out of his body by Peyton Manning's sulking on the sideline

I warned Broncos fans in a post to rid themselves of Manning before it is too late. Now they have learned what Colts fans already know. And it is very fitting that he has his 9th one and done in the playoffs against the Colts. Enjoy your sorrow Broncos fans.

PM has NEVER been an animated ra-ra guy. With that said, if it is true that he had a painful quad injury, running 40 yards to celebrate might have been a hard thing to do.

Sorry but have to disagree. Images of him celebrating with Brandon Stokely, Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison are burned into my brain. Have to say 3 yards to give your team mate a "high five" or a "pat on the head" isn't a big deal. I've always felt it was PM first...team second with him, and that clip proves it to me. If his quad was really that bad, don't think he would have jogged to the sideline, he probably would have had a bit of a limp.

Have always felt he was a "stat whore"...

Now I hate Manning as much as the next guy. (Well actually I hate his sycophants in the media more) . But the facts are the facts. He's been in Denver for 3 seasons and the team was the #1 seed twice, and the #2 seed once, along with a superbowl appearance. Don't forget Manning wasn't on the field when that S misjudged the game winning pass. He wasn't on the field when his VERY expensive defense failed to show up.

As much as we often look at it, the QB doesn't win or lose games on his own. Football is the great game that it is, specifically BECAUSE it is the game that LEAST relies on just one or 3 players. Some time about 2 decades ago, the media started to frame the game as battles between players. (Romo vs Rodgers, Brady vs Luck) It never made sense even then because those players never face each other on the field, yet over the years we've essentially bought it, hook line, and sinker.

Now we routinely frame the game in terms of INDIVIDUALS rather than the team. One of the great beauties of the game is that so often the SUM can be greater than individual parts. If that wasn't the case you wouldn't see a defense like the Colts who are devoid of a single "brand name player", virtually shut down the most prolific offense in the league over a 3 year period. Remember this is a defense that includes Sergio Brown and Darius Butler. :eek: CLEARLY in this case the sum was greater than the individual parts. THAT's what makes the game so great. It's NOT about the individuals. Hell, the greatest example of this fact is our own 2001 team.

One of the reasons Brady is so good is because he gets this critical aspect of the game. He understands that no matter how much the mediots try and frame the game into battles of INDIVIDUALS, Brady's success or failure relies on the Josh Klines and DA's of the team,
just as much as the Gronks and Revis's. THAT's one of the reasons, he's thrived (relatively speaking) without having a Dez Bryant or Julio Jones,.

The fact that WE have to face is that the Colts are now a team that is operating at a level that EXCEEDS the their abilities as individuals. So simply trying to go down the roster and saying , well he's better than him, and he's better than him, isn't going to work. THAT's the challenge the Pats face this week, and its a real one.

......and once again I'v gone on a rant that had little to do with OP. ;)

Last edited:
Now I hate Manning as much as the next guy. (Well actually I hate his sycophants in the media more) . But the facts are the facts. He's been in Denver for 3 seasons and the team was the #1 seed twice, and the #2 seed once, along with a superbowl appearance. Don't forget Manning wasn't on the field when that S misjudged the game winning pass. He wasn't on the field when his VERY expensive defense failed to show up.

As much as we often look at it, the QB doesn't win or lose games on his own. Football is the great game that it is, specifically BECAUSE it is the game that LEAST relies on just one or 3 players. Some time about 2 decades ago, the media started to frame the game as battles between players. (Romo vs Rodgers, Brady vs Luck) It never made sense even then because those players never face each other on the field, yet over the years we've essentially bought it, hook line, and sinker.

Now we routinely frame the game in terms of INDIVIDUALS rather than the team. One of the great beauties of the game is that so often the SUM can be greater than individual parts. If that wasn't the case you wouldn't see a defense like the Colts who are devoid of a single "brand name player", virtually shut down the most prolific offense in the league over a 3 year period. Remember this is a defense that includes Sterling Moore and Darius Butler. :eek: CLEARLY in this case the sum was greater than the individual parts. THAT's what makes the game so great. It's NOT about the individuals. Hell, the greatest example of this fact is our own 2001 team.

One of the reasons Brady is so good is because he gets this critical aspect of the game. He understands that no matter how much the mediots try and frame the game into battles of INDIVIDUALS, Brady's success or failure relies on the Josh Klines and DA's of the team,
just as much as the Gronks and Revis's. THAT's one of the reasons, he's thrived (relatively speaking) without having a Dez Bryant or Julio Jones,.

The fact that WE have to face is that the Colts are now a team that is operating at a level that EXCEEDS the their abilities as individuals. So simply trying to go down the roster and saying , well he's better than him, and he's better than him, isn't going to work. THAT's the challenge the Pats face this week, and its a real one.

......and once again I'v gone on a rant that had little to do with OP. ;)
I agree for the most part with you but I do think Vontee Davis is a name that has been getting a lot of praise on the colts defense. Also Moore plays for the cowboys. But you are right people shouldn't blame Peyton exclusively for the Broncos playoffs failure. You can have everything on your team just the way it should be and still fail to win it all, it's why Faulk and Warner keep blaming spygate for not winning against the pats.

I agree for the most part with you but I do think Vontee Davis is a name that has been getting a lot of praise on the colts defense. Also Moore plays for the cowboys. But you are right people shouldn't blame Peyton exclusively for the Broncos playoffs failure. You can have everything on your team just the way it should be and still fail to win it all, it's why Faulk and Warner keep blaming spygate for not winning against the pats.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake, I was thinking of Serio Brown. I'll fix that.

BTW- you are right about Davis. He really is a big time player on that D, and his cohort on the other side (Toler) isn't bad either.

It does seem that two #1 seeds and a #2, along with a Super Bowl appearance is NOT a failure, except in the sense that we all want to win the Super Bowl every year. Have the patriots been a failure for the past 9 seasons? Of course not.

As you point out, the very expensive defense didn't produce. DEN spent a lot of money on the defense in free agency. And now, the coach is gone.

PM has NEVER been an animated ra-ra guy. With that said, if it is true that he had a painful quad injury, running 40 yards to celebrate might have been a hard thing to do.

Manning enabler!
Donks fan!!!!

Sorry but have to disagree. Images of him celebrating with Brandon Stokely, Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison are burned into my brain. Have to say 3 yards to give your team mate a "high five" or a "pat on the head" isn't a big deal. .

Just to be clear, celebrating a TD w/ teammates and ra-ra are different things. Peyton is just a stoic guy always has been. To compare, I consider Brady more ra-ra and emotional on the field than PM. Should PM have gone over to Thomas after the catch? Maybe. Should Thomas feel dissed b/c he didn't? I don't think so.

I've always felt it was PM first...team second with him, and that clip proves it to me. If his quad was really that bad, don't think he would have jogged to the sideline, he probably would have had a bit of a limp.

Have always felt he was a "stat whore"...

I think PM has always wanted to win badly. I also think that solidifying his position as one of the greatest QB's ever and wanting to be perfect are also very important to him- just as much as wining.

I do think that Brady wants the same thing. However I believe that Brady thinks a QB's greatness achieved by winning and Super Bowls more than racking up stats whereas PM thinks they are equally as important. I'd have to dig up the quote but in 2006 Brady was asked about winning 4 SB in 6 years and he said something like he would be at peace if he had a career just like Terry Bradshaw. I believe he meant every word of that.

Sorry but I'm not going to agree that Manning is a locker room cancer. Just seems silly to say..

Why? Which of my points do you not see as realistic ones? It's not like I just said "Oh Peyton is a locker room cancer" and that's just that.

Why? Which of my points do you not see as realistic ones? It's not like I just said "Oh Peyton is a locker room cancer" and that's just that.

You are a thoughtful poster, PATS16N0. I read your posts and you've made good arguments in the past, but I think the points you make on this particular topic are more based on conjecture than facts.

IMO, there is no evidence to support that PM was, is, or is on a trajectory to becoming a locker room cancer.

Just not buying it, dude.

You are a thoughtful poster, PATS16N0. I read your posts and you've made good arguments in the past, but I think the points you make on this particular topic are more based on conjecture than facts.

IMO, there is no evidence to support that PM was, is, or is on a trajectory to becoming a locker room cancer.

Just not buying it, dude.

I would stop short of calling him a cancer as well. But I do think there is validity to the concern that, as a leader, he will never get the most out of his teammates.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back