PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Paul Byrd = Jeff Suppan?

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Red Sox won the game last night which is good. The aquisition of Paul Byrd was a good one considering what they had to give up to get him. I'm just wondering how much he's going to help us ... his stuff so far seems ordinary.

Opinions?

The Red Sox won the game last night which is good. The aquisition of Paul Byrd was a good one considering what they had to give up to get him. I'm just wondering how much he's going to help us ... his stuff so far seems ordinary.

Opinions?

Good question, It's too soon to tell. One thing for sure though: The Sox are going to need Byrd and Wake and/or Colon to get anywhere in October. Lester and Dice-K can't carry the whole load.

Good question, It's too soon to tell. One thing for sure though: The Sox are going to need Byrd and Wake and/or Colon to get anywhere in October. Lester and Dice-K can't carry the whole load.

Beckett has inflamation in his elbow ... hard to see that getting better while taking your usual turn. Wake comes off the list and will pitch Tuesday ... things are getting tight.

Does anyone know how close Colon is to being ready to pitch for us again, is he even on a rehab assignment in the minors yet?

Does anyone know how close Colon is to being ready to pitch for us again, is he even on a rehab assignment in the minors yet?
i know hes close but his velocity is down to 90 mph give or take. that's not a good sign for him even though he had four shut out innings in pawtucket his last time out.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back