PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Pacman Worse Than Belichick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what a relief, I've only been called stupid twice...

but not one serious reflection...

Is a coach proven to have intentionally broken the NFL bylaws and that such actions led to wins for the Pats (no, not this year) actually less 'Patriotic', and worse for the the way the Pats supposedly do business, than hiring a social degenerate?

A person with great power, the role model for a billion dollar organization, the face associated with all that's right about how the football game should be played for millions of people, betrays all that trust...isn't that a crime anyway you shake it out?

I don't know, but I'm hardly surprised with the response...

I don't know how you "shake it out", but I think you may want to look up the definition of the word "crime".

Let's invite them to a battle of wits.

Cannot believe I just read 22 idiotic threads on this post. otoh now I am also responding to it..

OK, OK, keep your shirts on for a moment...

A couple of things first - I am a Patsfan through and through. My stomach churns EVERY time I hear the national media say, "The Patriots CHEATED," because (besides their gleeful tone), in my mind, the filming the Pats been shown to have done amounts to a violation of rules: to call it cheating would be to say that holding is cheating, and yet a player is 'held' on virtually every play from scrimmage. We don't see holding as cheating but just how the game is played.

On the other hand- If BB picked up anything that led to wins by filming AFTER the league specifically said to stop, well, that makes me equally sick. I don't want anything to do with winning like that, nothing. (Plus it interferes with my pure enjoyment of everything Patriots).

Looked at this way, BB could reasonably be deemed a 'cheater.' And someone who alters the outcome of an NFL game by a calculated, intentional scheme (it is impossible to believe BB's statement on face value that he thought the rule meant he couldn't use the tapes he made during the same game they were taken. Nothing he does concerning the team is so lightly explained) is a pretty bad dude in my book - it takes all the fun out of being a fan. And it begs the question-

Are Pacman's foolish, degenerate actions actually more replusive? Though he should be ashamed for his complicity, he didn't shoot that bouncer in Vegas. Pacman is a kid with lot's of money and no self-control, a social dope needing to learn regard for himself and others. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be punished but his 'crimes' are of a much different nature than the leader of a billion dollar enterprise scheming to beat the system, a system we hold dear as our most fond recreation.

Are we being hypocritical in condemnations of Pacman as a bad apple? If we really think signing/trading for Pacman would be against everything the Patriots stand for, don't we need to reconsider the conduct of our own head coach?

Lets see. Habitual criminal, and sometimes violent criminal vs misinterpreting the rules and getting punished for it.

I can't believe you are making me do this....

Pacman is a loser who is motivated only by whores, and money. He violates the law and acts like an idiot for no real reason or goal. He's just an idiot that follows a trail of womens clothing as his posse eggs him onto even more ridiculous heights.

At least BB was cheating for a specified goal. He wasn't doing it just for the hell of it.

You do know that Pacman Jones slammed a stripper's head into the floor for allegedly not being good enough to pick up one of the bills he threw when he "made it rain".

Bill Belichick broke a rule in a GAME.

Pacman Jones slammed a woman's head into the ground and started a fight that led to the paralysis of a human being.

Hmmm....which one's worse...:bricks:

To the guy who started this thread. PLEASE, just find another team or sport to root for because this bandwagon needs no more fair weather fans.
If you cheered for us winning the super bowls it is no longer up to you to question. Time has passed, and enough vultures have picked open the scabs. Let it heal so we can get back to FOOTBALL!!

This thread is simply insulting and stupid. I feel like crumbling up my monitor into a tight ball and three-pointing it into the trash can.

First of all, I asked a question, I didn't state a fact.

Second, I asked this question in reference to the 'Patriots Way,' not an absolute moral scale. Apparently, few bothered to notice my condemnation of Pacman as a social deviant.

Third, this was in the context - which I thought was obvious, sorry - of the threads about the Pats having interest in Jones.

Let's be real folks, Rany Moss intentionally ran into a cop with his car, but we cheer openly for him anyway. I love having Moss on this team, and I am pleased with his turning over of a new, dedicated leaf. That's how fans, and folks in general, ought to view others because the gravity and scale of our sins are hardly limited to measurement by the criminal code. 'Ever seen parents regularly being cold to their children - not against the law but there's hardly a more gruesome crime in our world.

The reputation of the Pats as doing things the right way means something to me and I also feel winning is less important than how it's done.

SO...IF BB turns out to have used illegitimate means to have advanced the winning nature of our team (I don't buy the 'misinterpreted' thing for a second, nothing BB has done with the Pats has appeared to have been done without a calculated intention) IMHO BB looked at the rule and said to himself he could offer this perfunctory explanation and count on getting away with his improper filming. There's no 'right way to do things' involved with such conduct and the behavior in much worse when performed by the role model for players, staff and millions of fans alike.

So the question becomes what is worse for the Patriot's Way: having on our team a proven, calculated illict scheme conducted by the head of our organization, or the hiring of a social degenerate, Pacman, we'd hope would be redemptive ala players like Moss and Dillon who intended to show the NFL exactly what they really were made of?

Last edited:
Even IF he cheated at a game, he hasn't done the things to other human beings that Pacman has done. You can use whatever moral scale you want and come to this conclusion.

Wow, Spitzer was dropping $4300 per session with hookers after he used to bust prostitution rings...and he was married with three girls to boot. That is pretty damn bad, but not as bad as Belichick.

I've made some stupid posts before, but this thread would probably give them a run for their money. What a ridiculous question.

cheating in sports goes on every day. a runner cheats off first. the catcher fakes a tag at home. the outfielder cheats in on a weak hitter. the strong safety cheats toward the tight end. sports is about a competitive advantage. what it's not about is some idiot constantly breaking the law and injuring people along the way. this is like comparing clemens and steroids to espngate. one is a real crime and one is imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes