PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is our offense unique in style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As we ponder possible Offensive Coordinators for next year, I ask: Is our offense unique in style? Whenever we hire a DC, we promote from within and it makes sense, because our defense is fairly unique and complicated to learn. (Less true now with Browns, Dolphins, Jets copying! ha ha)

What about our offense? Does it follow a unique Belichick system that an outsider would have a hard time picking up? If not, I wonder if there's a coach outside the organization known for his innovation in the running game that we could benefit from.

OK, so now we have our OC, but I'll bump just once to try to get an answer to the original question of this post....

shakadave said:
OK, so now we have our OC, but I'll bump just once to try to get an answer to the original question of this post....

Strikes me that there are only two times when anything more than marginal "innovations" ... tweaking ... to an NFL offense are acceptable. When you change head coaches. Or when what you are doing ... systematically isn't working.

Neither condition is present here. Thus, continuity remains more important than anything else.

Except for insightful suggestions from fans on a leading website. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes