PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is our Jonathan Smith better than Miami's Wes Welker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Watching the game tonight and Welker and I guess Smith was picked up to be our Welker?

How do the 2 compare - who's a better football player in your opinion?

QB12

Not even close...Welker. One of the few Dolphins I think would look good on the Pats.

Doubt it.

10 characters

This is a joke, right?

A guy who couldn't make the Bills vs an uper echelon special teamer?

He IS better than Welker, in a sort of "NO F-ING WAY" kind of way.

He was brought in because he may be able to shed some light on the Bills' gameplan. I doubt he stays on the roster beyond this week.

Uhhhmmmm. I'm gonna say "no" on this one.

The Gr8est said:
Not even close...Welker. One of the few Dolphins I think would look good on the Pats.

I've thought the same thing. Damn, Welker is fast for a white guy. We could only hope that Smith is anything like Welker......Talked to a buddy of mine who is a huge Bills fan tonight about Jonathan Smith....Said he liked Smith of what he saw of him so far. Was surprised the Bills let him go.....

QB12 said:
Watching the game tonight and Welker and I guess Smith was picked up to be our Welker?

QB12

QB12, i suppose you got your answer.
No need for me to say ... more of the same.

I miss Dwight.

FloridaPatsFan said:
I've thought the same thing. Damn, Welker is fast for a white guy. We could only hope that Smith is anything like Welker......Talked to a buddy of mine who is a huge Bills fan tonight about Jonathan Smith....Said he liked Smith of what he saw of him so far. Was surprised the Bills let him go.....

Maybe Smith is fast for a black guy. Nice idiotic statement. You know, it's 2006. You should try entering this century. I don't know if you got the memo but women are allowed to vote now and black people eat other things besides fried chicken.

PatsFan37 said:
I miss Dwight.

I was disapointed that we pulled the plug on him so quickly. Welker does remind me of Dwight.

FloridaPatsFan said:
I was disapointed that we pulled the plug on him so quickly. Welker does remind me of Dwight.

No kidding, they're both white punt returners. God forbid you compare him to a black guy or you might get kicked out of the KKK.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Maybe Smith is fast for a black guy. Nice idiotic statement. You know, it's 2006. You should try entering this century. I don't know if you got the memo but women are allowed to vote now and black people eat other things besides fried chicken.

This coming from a guy who uses the name RON BORGES as a screen name? Don't start your crap about defending minorities. There was no racism whatsoever in saying Welker is fast for a white guy.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
No kidding, they're both white punt returners. God forbid you compare him to a black guy or you might get kicked out of the KKK.

DUDE. You have issues. Maybe you should double up on your meds.

I think Smith is better than Welker. As a WR, no way, but as a PR Smith is very good. He can make guys miss in the open field and make something out of nothing.

The Bills only released Smith because they are VERY deep at WR, and have the Pr who lead the league in PR average, along witht he best KR in the game.

Last edited:
QB12 said:

QB12

Now we know --- Welker is one of the top players in the NFL.

I'm Ron Borges? said:

I think you might be overreacting.

I'm officially changing this post to the official I HATE WES WELKER thread.

I HATE WES WEKLER!

Last edited:
Wes Welker is my favorite Red Raider of all time.

If they had kept going to him, they might have won. He's not fast, but he gets wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back