Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is our defense really any surprise?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by English Patriot, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. English Patriot

English Patriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +614 / 96 / -70

#87 Jersey

I had a gut feeling that as soon as the injuries were done with and we were 100% healthy we'd be back to playing real D. Then you had the bye week to get everyone rested up so it's no surprise really that at 100% this team can matchup with most teams.

Lets not forget we don't have Andre Carter either who just happens to be our leading sack man so this D stepped up big style on Saturday.

This D has a chip on their shoulder after all the trash talk by the media and wants to prove the doubters wrong and i have a sneaky feeling they'll outperform the 'star studded' Ravens D.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  2. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -2

#80 Jersey

Let's not get ahead of our self here... the Donkeys aren't exactly the Saints. Just sayin..

3. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I consider myself to be more positive minded than negative about this team.

Yes, I am surprised by the D on Saturday's game. Having said that, I don't think Flacco is the main challenge unless he suddenly gets hot, it's Rice. If our run D can remain stout AND our O line can hold off Balt's D enough, I feel we have a good chance of winning.

4. tobias funke

tobias funke Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There is a reason I hugged my wife when the Broncos beat the Steelers.

Tim Tebow can make any poor pass defense look great.

I'm not trying to crap on our defense, just being realistic. Flacco may not be the 2nd coming of Montana, but he's going to be a bigger test than Tebow was, for sure.

5. TheComeback

TheComeback 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, but that defensive line had an unbelievable game on Saturday. They've played well all year long, but I didn't expect them to dominate the way they did. If they play like that the next two games, literally no one will be able to beat us. Big if...

6. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -3

Surprise?

Sure - it's the most unlikely cast of characters...

But when you think of it some of our best Defenses have been forged in the fire of the season, as with the cutting of Milloy to rely on a guy the Chargers didn't try to re-sign, and turning to Troy Brown at DB...

Peter King has a nice tip of the cap to the genius of Belichick the Mad Scientist

7. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,856 / 191 / -145

Disable Jersey

The defense is the defense. Fortunately, this weekend played out perfectly. The two offenses that would have *****slapped the Patriots defense all over the field are gone.

8. NSPF

NSPF Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well, fortunately, you know who else isn't exactly the Saints? The 49ers or Ravens. As much as I want a SB XVII rematch, the Giants do scare me more than either team remaining otherwise, because they are capable of producing at an elite level offensively. They don't do it consistently over the course of a season, but on a one game basis, watch out.

9. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +645 / 51 / -21

I agree. We could win in the playoffs and SB against three very mediocre quarterbacks if we play the 49ers instead of the giants.

With our pass defense, we could not have hoped for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.