PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is O'Connell giving away secrets to the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: O'Connell: Game MVP

O'Connell could not even learn the plays when he was the pats QB so I am not sure that was the problem.

Haha yes you are right- o connell was probably dealing a lot of misinformation.

Didn't seem like he ever got a hold of the offense lol

Re: O'Connell.....game MVP

yeah i hear ya. but i just thought this thread was silly enough to warrant that kind of response. but you seem alot more reasonable........i mean honestly......one of the top healdines here is a huge CHEATERS thread for the tampering charges. i mean, really, patriots fans shoudl be the last ones to annoint anyones elses team cheaters. at least wait till the outcome.

Ok, you might be newly hatched, but surely since you're barking about "Spygate" you understand all the facts and how that event is viewed by the league and other coaches right?

And in some of those plays, it was clear that the D knew the call. The blowing up of Edelman, on the re-watch is a prime example.

That wasn't a read-and-react play, that was just a gun for Edelman at the snap. If the ball had gone elsewhere that would have been a penalty.

It's smart for Ryan to utilize O'Connell how he did, but I sure hope he treats him fairly. If he's off the roster in a month, we'll know.

Last edited:
yup, my suspicion was right. you guys underestimated what O'Connell would do for the jets. The pats changed their game plan because of O'Connell but it was clear that they did not know what they were doing on offense.

LOL You people are something. They didn't change their game plan because of KOC. They ran whatever their scouting deciphered should have worked. They went no huddle and silent count because it was loud, but they do that a lot on the road. They all wore armbands although some players often do. They utilized that to help the players get the calls from the sidelines. Brady still adjusted at the line but he did it by talking to individual players and using hand signals. I'm sure they change those for every game because Belichick isn't naive when it comes to intercepting signals.

We are just going to have to disagree on that one. Brady threw like 50 times yesterday and made little or no attempt to establish a running game. Yesterdays pass happy offensive reminded me of the good old days of Bledseo.

The last time a team knew Brady's checks and signals, they shut out the Patriots 24-0.

The Patriots did nothing but throw that day as well.

The team that did it was a hapless Dolphins team with an embarrassing losing record.

You put the whiteboards together with the arm bands together with all the penalties and miscues together with all the delay of games together with players not knowing where to line-up, and then the speculation on the OP's original point is not so farfetched.

Just why did you all think Ryan named O'Connell a captain?

Oh by the way, Tom Brady is explaining right now you are wrong.

LOL, you actually expect Brady to verify this in the media and make excuses for a loss???

PLEASE!!!!!

kinda like knowing all the plays and signals because you taped them all?

Let me quote the NFL's Steve Alic in 2006 after the Phins taped all the plays and signals: "That's football!!!"

If this was any factor in yesterday's game, all is fair. It's not cheating. Someday you Jets fans may come to understand that.

if what BB did was legal you wouldn't have lost a 1st round draft pick and been fined 1/2 mil. just sayin........

It was legal. Goodell: former Jets employee.

He revealed our shocking game plan of trying to force it to Moss and mini-welker all game. It wa supposed to be a surprise.:rolleyes:

Only in a noisy stadium on the road they were going no huddle and silent count. But other than that you guys are probably on to something...:rolleyes:

Ryan has boatloads of film on this team since 2007. He was the DC of the team that wrote the blueprint for others to attempt to stop it. Once the Giants validated the blueprint more teams determined to plan for it's utilization. Until BB proves he can counter that blueprint teams will continue to employ it dependant on their available talent.

Doesn't it count that Brady has shredded defenses that relied on the blitz?

Are we only talking about the Ravens, Jets and Giants here?

Do we have to rehash 2007 now?

I'm not convinced that Brady is rattled by blitzes. I spent a considerable sum of money traveling to playoff games and the Super Bowl in 2007, and Brady did not look right, but I'm convinced it wasn't because of opposing blitzes.

When you look at the Ravens, Eagles and Giants regular season games in 2007, you come to the conclusion that the offense moved the ball just fine against really good defenses.

All you need to know about how a team handles the opposing team's ability to predict what they are going to do is to look at how the Phins dominated the Pats in 2006. I also believe the Patriots benefited greatly from predicting what the opposition was going to do in the Super Bowl years.

Again, I credit Ryan for this. There's nothing wrong with it.

it didn't matter.....brady is rusty......that will change as the season moves on

I'm not convinced that Brady is rattled by blitzes. I spent a considerable sum of money traveling to playoff games and the Super Bowl in 2007, and Brady did not look right, but I'm convinced it wasn't because of opposing blitzes.

One thing of note is that an effective blitz means Brady has to throw to his first read - no time to look over the situation and 'find the open guy', which is how Brady excels normally.

All you need to know about how a team handles the opposing team's ability to predict what they are going to do is to look at how the Phins dominated the Pats in 2006. I also believe the Patriots benefited greatly from predicting what the opposition was going to do in the Super Bowl years.

If our ex-QB gave Ryan the progression/reads that Brady uses to break the blitz, this is a huge gain for his defense. I'm guessing this information is more helpful than previous game films in many ways. Again, Brady is throwing on his FIRST read on these plays. It looks like the Pats will have to rethink how they handle this now.

Again, I credit Ryan for this. There's nothing wrong with it.

Absolutely. We cut the guy, we had to know this might happen.

The good news is that the Jets defense is probably not some amazing scheme designed by mastermind Tubby, but rather a good defense with a lot of inside information on our offense to boot. I'm sure we'll be looking to use that in our favor the next time around...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye