PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is O'Connell giving away secrets to the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: O'Connell: Game MVP

Please O'Connell had everything to do with this win. Jets knew the termenology at the line and adjusted to the play calling. They knew what was happening as soon as Brady called th plays.

How do you explain how they held Houston to zero offensive touchdowns & points

Last edited:

The new Jets QB killed the Pats...and I don't mean Sanchez. Two pieces of knowledge that I believe set the tone for the Jets D success. First, who would know better about the extent of Brady's mobility and how BB would disguise Brady's weaknesses? Second, who would lay out on a platter Brady's line calls, tendencies, and thought process?....and as a result of this knowledge, force the offense to retool the signals and the process. Given the difficulties Brady and the O had at the LOS, I'd say the O'Connell was a major factor.

that's pure speculation, but I'll admit that I can't refute it.

Please O'Connell had everything to do with this win. Jets knew the termenology at the line and adjusted to the play calling. They knew what was happening as soon as Brady called th plays.

We are just going to have to disagree on that one. Brady threw like 50 times yesterday and made little or no attempt to establish a running game. Yesterdays pass happy offensive reminded me of the good old days of Bledseo.

that's pure speculation, but I'll admit that I can't refute it.

The Pats play 8 away games each season, in front of some of the loudest crowds in the NFL...Indy, Pitt, Denver...yet BB breaks out a new "process" of communication for this game. O'Connell had everything to do with this.

Last edited:

The Pats play 8 away games each season, in front of some of the loudest crowds in the NFL...Indy, Pitt, Denver...yet BB breaks out a new "process" of communication for this game. O'Connell had everything to do with this.

Oh by the way, Tom Brady is explaining right now you are wrong.

Like Brady is going to come out say they knew the check offs???

Watch the game again.

O'Connell could not even learn the plays when he was the pats QB so I am not sure that was the problem.

Did you read what Glazer wrote?

Yeah, because Brady and BB never ever keep what they are doing close to the vest. :rolleyes:

Re: O'Connell.....game MVP

kinda like knowing all the plays and signals because you taped them all?

This isn't about spygate. You traded for a guy with very good knowlegde of the Pats schemes and check offs. Nothing wrong with that. In fact I give Ryan credit for it. He got a edge and used it.

This isn't about spygate. You traded for a guy with very good knowlegde of the Pats schemes and check offs. Nothing wrong with that. In fact I give Ryan credit for it. He got a edge and used it.

You give Pat's Fans a bad name.

kinda like knowing all the plays and signals because you taped them all?

You're saying your team never changes signals from week to week? That is pretty friggin dumb, since taping and taking pictures of signals is legal for scouting purposes.

yup, my suspicion was right. you guys underestimated what O'Connell would do for the jets. The pats changed their game plan because of O'Connell but it was clear that they did not know what they were doing on offense.

if what BB did was legal you wouldn't have lost a 1st round draft pick and been fined 1/2 mil. just sayin........

Actually he did it from the wrong location AND he thought as long as it wasn't used during the game it was ok. Hence the misinterpritation.

if what BB did was legal you wouldn't have lost a 1st round draft pick and been fined 1/2 mil. just sayin........

when your team wins a meaningful game then you can come back.

no...it's about the fact that alot of you guys can't just give the jets credit for dismantling your offense yesterday. if you say o'connell is the reason the jets were able to stifle your offense then i say the spygate is the reason you guys won anything that you won. it's a pretty fair comparison if you ask me.

With O'Connells help. LOL keep denying it. You won the game ok, do you want a cookie now? We will see you in November. By the way I understand this was your SUPERBOWL, but its only week 2, we will see who comes out on top it most defintatly will not be the Jeats.

Last edited:

Only in a noisy stadium on the road they were going no huddle and silent count. But other than that you guys are probably on to something...:rolleyes:

Ryan has boatloads of film on this team since 2007. He was the DC of the team that wrote the blueprint for others to attempt to stop it. Once the Giants validated the blueprint more teams determined to plan for it's utilization. Until BB proves he can counter that blueprint teams will continue to employ it dependant on their available talent.

no...it's about the fact that alot of you guys can't just give the jets credit for dismantling your offense yesterday. if you say o'connell is the reason the jets were able to stifle your offense then i say the spygate is the reason you guys won anything that you won. it's a pretty fair comparison if you ask me.

congrats, first of all, on the win. the Jets earned it.

as to your point, i think our offense was doing a pretty good job of dismantling itself yesterday with some questionable play calling and dumb penalties after being handed poor field position by a truly bad Special Teams performance. but any time a D keeps a team with the Pats weapons out of the endzone for an entire came and from scoring for an entire Half, I think we'd be truly dumb not to give credit to the opposing D for what it did.

It's a long season though and ending 2--0 is a lot more valuable than starting 2--0. See you in November when the pieces have come together a bit better for the Pats.

otherwise a hint: this board tolerates and even welcomes opposition posters who take a reasonable approach, but a sure way to get on folks ignore lists is to link things back to spygate. it happened; we were wrong; it's over. and, since you raise the subject, we will follow closely the development of the Crabtree tampering allegations just as we followed closely the cheating related to Favre's injuries last year. of all the franchises in the NFL, the Jets are probably the last that should be crowing about the misdeeds of others'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey