Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Obama's Background A Reason For More Scrutiny?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jan 21, 2007.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

How many think Obama's religion past and present is a reason for full scrutiny? Kind of hard to keep it away ... this article pins the scrutiny on Hillary but I'm sure the G.O.P. is spinning it's wheels as well.

He doesn't interest me as a candidate so I really have no opinion here.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2006/12/barack_hussein.html

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

He's just another smooth talking "con man" but the politically correct a$s kissers will all gush, fawn and
    p!ss their pants over him, the Liberal Media might try to hide some of his sh!t but the new media (talk radio-cable-fox-bloggers) they will tell us all the things Katie/Cronkite don't want us to know.

Poor Old Pant Suit Hillary, she has "Two Minority's" to fight now (Richardson) she has to tread softly Obooma's people are just waiting to use the "RACE CARD".
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

There is some guy who worked for Bill Clinton ready to write a book that trashes Hillary. Gotta love these democrats ... something I used to say over and over in the forum.

They don't just complain about the right and the G.O.P.

They complain about everything and have way less togetherness than the G.O.P. - this is how we got stuck with Bush .... Wake up liberals and democrats // get your act together or the G.O.P. will win again.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

You would think those "wretched clintons" would want no part of a presidential run, don't they realize that every bit of their "dirty laundry" will be right out there for the whole world to see and they have plenty of it, the world has changed, "Billy Blue Dress" won't be able to keep the "New Media" quiet, O'Reilly, Fox, Rush, Internet, The Blogger the Clintons can't shut these people up like they did CBS NBC ABC PBS, and they don't have Dan Rodent Rather anymore.

The Republicans should right now be as happy as Pigs in sh!t.

Hillary/Obooma/Richadson/Kerry sure winners for the GOP.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you live in a complete fantasy world... almost every statement in this post is patently false....

do you actually believe your own sh!t, or do you just repeat it over and over in the hopes of fooling others?
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Obama and his alleged madrassa education is equal to Kerry and the swiftboat campaign... the dems need to get their crap together or they will disintegrate once again. The whole thing about Obama is the figment of the right wing's use of the internet to spread rumours. Fox is willingly complicit also.
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

If I didn't believe it I wouldn't repeat it over and over :singing:
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Of course, as a presidential candidate, his biography should be reported and discussed, but as the link you provided said, the Democrats haven't released the info, and to the extent it's been liked, it's also a matter of public record, appearing in Wikipedia for quite awhile. So, to link it to Hillary, is yet anothre example of unethical Republican behavior.

But there's more (and I'm choosing these liberal links, because they provide well-documented and linked summaries of what the right-wing is trying to do).

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/1/19/153531/326
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karen-russell/the-swiftboating-begins-_b_39196.html

I think if the Republicans continue with their unethical behavior, it will backfire on them again.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

I've been telling you all that Obama is making a mistake by running prematurely. He should have run for governor first, and then for president. The more time that passes, the more exposed his personality and resume will become. History proves that governors do far better in presidential elections. Obama is a very intriguing person, but he's far too green.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

I agree with you (heaven forbid!), but I wonder if he's running so as to position himself as a national figure. I honestly don't think he can win the nomination since he's so green he can't possibly have much of a field organization.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

Patters, I like Obama personally. He's a very eloquent speaker, and seems pretty down to earth in the few times I've seen him speak. I know very little about him politically, and I follow politics. It's why I'd bet the general public knows even less about him. When a candidate is so green, he is open to being shaped by the political establishment. He'll be shredded by the Dems in a primary, and then more so by the GOP were he able to make it that far. Today's politics are disheartening and evil. His lack of experience means he will be defined by other facts and experiences. He's got alot to worry about.

Also, my problem with his running is that if he's shaped now, it will be hard for him to shake that in the future.
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

He can not run for governor of Illinois. This is one corrupt state, and one individual is not going to change that. The net result would be a big bulls eye on him ala swift boats. Senators have a disadvantage because of their voting, but the opposition would have a field day with him if he had been Gov. of Illinois. Currently, the former gov. is serving time. The present gov. could go down any day as well as Mayor Daley. It stinks from top to bottom and I don't see any of the cronyism stopping anytime soon.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

I've had this mentioned to me before. Sorry, but your point is all the more reason why he should run. As the governor of a currently corrupt state, he would have the opportunity to change the current situation, and would then be hailed as the man who turned illinois around. It would help his resume incredibley. Senators do lousy partly because of their voting records, but mostly because they've run nothing. They have no experience in that respect. When you govern a state, you are, in essence, a state president. That type of experience counts far more to voters than does a senators.
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

I'm not sure that's an issue. The Swiftboat Liars shaped Kerry well after he and the Democratic Party had already crafted him as a war hero (which he was), a Vietnam vet (which he was), and a moderate (which he wasn't; he was more liberal than the platform he ran on). If Obama demonstrates that he can weather the lies and distortions of the unethical right-wing (already started) as well as the more moderate attacks by Democrats, then he will show that he has the toughness to be a national candidate. At this time, I think he'd make a great VP (speaking from a political perspective) even with his relative lack of experience. I don't know enough about VP candidates in the past, but certainly, politics aside, Obama is at least as electable as Cheney.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

Typical answer on your part. I'ts always the right wing liars.

Clinton and Obama campaigners trade insults
    By Edward Luce in Washington

Published: January 22 2007 18:27 | Last updated: January 22 2007 18:27

The Democratic party’s presidential campaign got into full swing on Monday with campaign staff for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton already indulging in sniping contests over the relative merits of their candidates.

Campaign workers for Mrs Clinton, who on Monday signed the papers to set up a presidential exploratory committee – the first step before declaring a formal candidacy – made indirect attacks on the relative inexperience of Mr Obama, who entered the race a week ago.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/289f5b7e-aa45-11db-83b0-0000779e2340.html

Anyhow, the guy is making a mistake. Sure, he could make a nice VP, ask Kerry & Edwards how that worked out for them. What I'm trying to say is that Obama has a real chance down the road, but not now. The guy is extremely interesting, but only so because people know nothing about him. Kerry wasn't shaped by the right as much as he was pointed out. Kerry was a liberal, and had some questionable actions with respect to his Vietnam Service. I didn't like them ripping his service, I thought it was distasteful, but at the same time, Kerry tried to exploit his service, when there were some serious questions regarding his post war actions. I just think Obama is running the risk of making himself an also-ran. One of those people that runs so many times and looses that people never take him seriously again. I think Edwards has no chance, and shouldn't run for this reason also. Think Lieberman & Bob Dole, guys who ran alot, and thus were never again taken seriously.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

What will they call "Billy Blue Dress"
    The First Man
    The First Gentleman
    The First Husband
    The First Guy
    The First "Lady Guy"
    The First "Guy Lady"
    The First A$s Hole----------------:singing:
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Obviously, it's about the right-wing machine. They are the biggest opponents of people like Obama, Hillary, etc. They will do the bidding for the Republican Party, just as groups like MoveOn will do the bidding for the Democratic Party. The Dems themselves will attack and criticize Obama, but they're not going to try to frame him, as the right-wing is already doing, as a Muslim whose middle name is Hussein and who went to a terrorist school. The Dems need Obama's supporters, so will attack with kid gloves especially on issues of race and religion. The right wing has largely written off blacks, Hispanics, and Muslims so can be far more brazen in their attacks.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

President Obama--:D
    Is Obama His Real Name?
    Is Obama Whose Real Name?
    :singing: :singing:
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

another baseless allegation by Faux, another fact-based refutiation by CNN:

CNN Debunks False Obama ‘Madrassa’ Smear

Last week, Fox News and other Rupert Murdoch outlets amplified a right-wing report alleging that Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) attended an Islamic “madrassa” school as a 6-year-old child. One Fox News caller questioned whether Obama’s schooling means that “maybe he doesn’t consider terrorists the enemy.” Fox anchor Brian Kilmeade responded, “Well, we’ll see about that.”

Commenting on this report today, Wolf Blitzer said that CNN had done “what any serious news organization is supposed to do in this kind of a situation”: actually investigate and learn the facts. CNN’s Senior International Correspondent John Vause filed a report from Indonesia. Watch it:

In the report, Vause says, “I’ve been to those madrassas in Pakistan … this school is nothing like that.” He also interviews a classmate of Obama’s who says the school was not even strictly Muslim; it also taught Christian, Buddhist, and Confucian students.

CNN has more details HERE.
  20. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Well said ... like I said in another thread ... if he's trying to get on as a VP then it's a good call. If he's just exposing himself and doesn't get blindsided then also good call. But if he's running for real and has to trash another democrat IMO he will be hurting their party.