Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Obama scared of Romney's VP Choice?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Aug 13, 2012.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

A free right wing newspaper...

Repeat after me, if it sounds too good to be true... it usually is.

There is no verification of this email, there is every indication that it has been edited.. not that they would lie to you, again..
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

A friend who is close to a source who has ties with some insiders in the obama camp told me that Obama 'sharted' when he heard the news of Paul Ryan being nominated for the GOP VP.

Funniest thing about this thread is that the title is EXACTLY how "news" is reported on FOX.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sounds like the same source Harry Reid used to make his libelous claims about Romney.

Why were you so quick to believe him but just as quick to disbelieve this? :singing: :singing: :singing:
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And by Harry Reid.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

yet you think only one is lying to you?
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I would take opinion of the Obama leaning members here as a national opinion, or even the White House. Bachmann would have brought abundant cheers, but Ryan would also have brought clinks from the wine glasses. Quite honesty, I think its' over.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, let's examine the two statements logically:

One is a ridiculously vague accusation from someone who refuses to identify his source.

The other is a specific cut-n-paste of an e-mail from a specific individual named "Brynne Craig" (We don't know who the "Paul" is that the letter is addressed to, but that's not really at issue here). A quick google search shows that an awful lot of people are reporting they've received the same letter, which is clearly a mass mailing attempt to raise funds for Obama.

So which of those two cases would you say is more likely to be telling the truth and which is more likely to be lying?
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  9. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

If I were you I'd bet everything I own on Obama to win.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

so you are trying to tell me that FOX doesn't report a question as factual news???!!!

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/bigstory-20080219-obama.jpg#obama fox news

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/foxpoll120.gif

On the April 18 edition of Fox News Watch, host Jon Scott asked: "Did the FOX coverage and promotion of the coverage, did it force the other networks to pay attention to it?"

its crap-tastic.

we all know this is crap, Obama isn't scared of Bin Laden. Ayn Ryan doesnt scare him. Most liberals I know are excited about this guy. Last time his name was raised in an election, his ideas lost pretty badly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/25/n...-in-special-election.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

the white house is shaking in fear....

right....
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Stop with the pathetic attempt of changing the subject HD.

Of the 2 reports I discussed above, one involving Harry Reid and the other involving this letter from Bryyne Craig, which one do you think is more likely to be truthful?

I answered your question, HD. Now please answer mine.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Word...sorry...

to answer your question:

Is Obama scared of Romney's VP Choice?

HELL NO

and do I believe a Senator who stated something on the Senate floor, or an email....?

hmmmm?

I'm going to say, I tend to believe Reid.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  13. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Scout - my initial reaction to Mr. Ryan as the choice was basically yours. I thought that this selection didnt make any real sense (to me anyway) and legitimately felt it put the Ds and President Obama back in a position of strength, assuming the economy doesn't flat out sh!t the bed...it's in the bag so to speak.

However, this pick did one thing I guess I didn't really count on (seemingly)....it energized the base.

Mitt Romney, by any reasonable measure, is a lousy candidate. His issues, beyond being aloof/disconnected/dumb rich guy etc were that he is running as the POTUS as a Republican, but isn't what the core of the Republican party has become. He is a hold your nose and pull vote for I bet many loyal Rs.

Obama now has to account for a larger energized turn out, as well as accounting for the country til November. Economy, jobs, gas, geopolitical BS. Whether the issues are his or not, whether he can really do anything about them or not, he is going to own the next 4 months, for better or worse.

Now not saying Obama is now going to lose or anything.... all things being equal I see a close race anyway....but this removes some buffer I think Obama had.

Before Ryan, Romney's "meh" was his ace in the hole.

D
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 4 / -6

I don't think anyone's scared of Ryan. As a VP candidate, the Dems can mostly ignore him, they can use his budget ideas to make inroads with older Americans, and they can use the fact that he only authored 2 pieces of legislation in 13 years to question his ability to get things done. Ryan is a good choice ... for the Democrats.
  15. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I know it's early but, I just listened to 3 Republican analysts and they all ran from defending the Ryan's economic plan (one was Sununu). Isn't that what Ryan brings to the table?
    To win, Romney needs the independent voter. I am assuming, that those independent voters will be the deciding factor in the swing states. I do not see Ryan achieving that objective. I am curious as to how Florida is going to poll.
    The title of the thread does nothing for me, and quite honestly, doesn't motivate me to even to post.
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -13

It is pretty much over. Obama approval numbers are hovering around 43-45% which is a loser for an incumbant. People believing the polls with the skewed samples being peddled by the MSM are in for shock.
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -13

:D Great stuff.
  18. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

What's Vegas offering for odds. I would put my money on Obama.
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -13

You can bet on the Jets winning the SB also :D
  20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

HD, you're just embarassing yourself here. Be a man and admit you were wrong.

You tried to claim that the report of this e-mail was false. The evidence suggest overwhelingly that the e-mail actually exists, actually was sent and the report was 100% right on.

Yes, of course you can claim that some low level regional staffer doesn't exactly represent the opinion of the Obama campaign. But you and Darryl accused a "free right wing newspaper" of fabricating the e-mail, and now that accusation has totally blown up in your faces.