Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Obama paying any attention at all, or is he really this bad???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is unbelievable ... and 100% UNACCEPTABLE. Sick and as disgusting as it gets:

[size=+3]EDITORIAL: At the president's pleasure
    'Safe school czar' encouraged child sex with an older man[/size]

A teacher was told by a 15-year-old high school sophomore that he was having homosexual sex with an "older man." At the very least, statutory rape occurred. Fox News reported that the teacher violated a state law requiring that he report the abuse. That former teacher, Kevin Jennings, is President Obama's "safe school czar." It's getting hard to keep track of all of this president's problematic appointments. Clearly, the process for vetting White House employees has broken down.

In this one case in which Mr. Jennings had a real chance to protect a young boy from a sexual predator, he not only failed to do what the law required but actually encouraged the relationship.
    EDITORIAL: At the president's pleasure - Washington Times

If this keeps up we could see another impeachment. Hate for that to happen, but this Obama keeps nominating crook after phony after creep after sociopath. Obama's "vetting process" is demented, something out of Larry Flynt.

//
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, another "third rail" story?? Nobody wants to touch it?? Too hot to handle??

What a bunch of posers in the media. A pubbie drops his drawers and the sat link-up trucks and iReporters can't say enough about it. Larry King runs 3-month long specials on it; with re-runs. Dan Rather (used to) stakes his reputation and life-long body of work on even embellishing (falsifying) the story about anybody to the right of David Souter. The laugh machine at SNL harvests months of parodies and hauls in tons of accolades and swag. Ho-ho-ho. Diane Sawyer and the perky Katie keep the women in the game ... and half the men, too.

But let a Dem get caught with either a dead girl or live boy in his bed, and it's "huh, what are you talking about? No big deal. Get a life." The real legacy of Ted Kennedy and the kid glove treatment he received.

Say hello to your new masters, USA: Mr. Chavez, Mr. Ahmedinijehad, Mr. Putin, and Mr. Hu -- ESPECIALLY Mr. Hu; he's got the bank account. Oh, let's not forget the Taliban and al qaeda; they just never seem to go away; they want you dead.

Barack Obama wants a freaking PEDOPHILE to be the latest "czar", the one of """"safe"""" schools. Sleep on that, America.

EDITORIAL: Sex scandal double standard - Washington Times

//
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Well, Dude, all this may or may not be true.

However, if it IS true, Obama's not the only one snookered.

Jennings has also worked for The Christian Educators Association and sits on the Board of The Union Theological Seminary.

Seems a lot of good people and good organizations thought (or think) the guy is pretty worthy.

Talk about demented.

In Support of Kevin Jennings | LFA: Join The Conversation - Public School Insights
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Are you implying that I follow the standards of either The Christian Educators Association OR Union Theological Semiary?? You'd be very wrong on both counts.

But even that begs the real issue here: it is not these organizations who selected this dude to be the "School Safety" Czar; it was Barack Hussein Obama. You know, the "rock star" president. The one pushed by all the media of the world as the "savior" of not only America but the entire planet.

Funny how the popular "mainstream" media misses them clay feets of THEIR "chosen". Eh, Dudette?

//
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I think Obama really believes all that slobbering fawning sh!t that Oprah and Left Wing Media laid on us.
    Watch his face closely when he speaks he really believes he is "The One"

He is also "lost" as each day passes it is becoming clearer and clearer that he hasn't the faintest idea of what the hell he is doing and his "Czars" aren't much better.

But don't worry, the sleeping giant is waking up.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Gosh, no, Foggy. You've already made it clear what standards you follow.

The real issue is that other people also selected him for rather important positions - which points to one of two things.

1) Either the stories on FOX and in The Post are bogus witch hunts.
    or
    2) The guy hid his true colors pretty well from just about everyone concerned.

However, I can see where you'd have a problem with anyone even making the remotest hint that Obama was the "saviour" of the entire planet - after all, Reverend Moon has pretty much claimed that spot for himself, hasn't he?
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... but he does have a gleaming smile.

He'd do better with the first 100 names out of the phone book than taking the advice he's getting on his "czar" stable. It sucks.

//
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, actually, no on that last assumption, too, Missy. Father Moon has not claimed anything for himself; only God can call, but then it is we (anybody called) who must respond; God calls FIRST, and only THEN the person called responds. Essential to get the order right. Nobody can make themselves higher than God.

Here, why don't you peruse this; it's short in length, easy to read: The Reappearance of the Second Coming and the Completed Testament Era - Rev. Sun Myung Moon

There are other more recent, more explicit announcements in True Father's autobiography, which will be out in general print, English translation, very soon.

//
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

I see - so none of the following is true and Reverend Moon never said any of the following?

More than a dozen lawmakers attended a congressional reception this year honoring the Rev. Sun Myung Moon in which Moon declared himself the Messiah and said his teachings have helped Hitler and Stalin be "reborn as new persons."

At the March 23 ceremony in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-Ill.) wore white gloves and carried a pillow holding an ornate crown that was placed on Moon's head. The Korean-born businessman and religious leader then delivered a long speech saying he was "sent to Earth . . . to save the world's six billion people. . . . Emperors, kings and presidents . . . have declared to all Heaven and Earth that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is none other than humanity's Savior, Messiah, Returning Lord and True Parent."

The Rev. Moon Honored at Hill Reception (washingtonpost.com)

The time has come when the whole world must be concerned about me. From now on, American Christianity must follow me.
    Sun Myung Moon

The whole world is in my hand, and I will conquer and subjugate the world.
    Sun Myung Moon

When you bow to True Parents' picture and display the Unification Church flag, Satan will have to go far away from your home.”
    Sun Myung Moon quote

“The true sovereign is not the American president nor the English king, but the Lord of the Second Advent.”
    Sun Myung Moon quote

“Instead of welcoming Reverend Moon, this government put me into prison. History will reveal the truth in the future and the American government and people will realize what an evil thing they did. What will they do then? They will bow down. Again, that is the way of natural subjugation.”
    Sun Myung Moon quote

“Am I foolish and insignificant or am I great? I gave all the individuals in the world cause to kneel down in front of me.”
    Sun Myung Moon quote

Sun Myung Moon quotes

I could go on, but you get the picture.

If I were you, Foggy, I'd probably think twice about referring to Obama as anyone even remotely interested in being thought of as a "saviour."

I defy you to find even one quote from Obama which is even close to expressing the meglomania of Reverend Moon's assorted pronouncements.

You may think whatever you wish about Obama - just as I may think whatever I wish about Rev. Moon. But when you persist in wording your thoughts as though they are truths remember this much - the proof is in the google.

You may perceive Obama as thinking he's a saviour, you cannot prove it. I, however, can prove (using his own words) that Reverend Moon thinks the same thing about himself.

Personally, I don't believe it of either of them - but the difference is, one is asking me to and the other is not.
  10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Sorry foggy but moon has declared himself the (CAUGH) Messiah...Blasphimus.

Sun Myung Moon Claims to be the Messiah

n recent speeches given to Unification Church members by Sun Myung Moon, and recorded in Today's World, a magazine published by the Unification Church for Unification Church members, Rev. Moon has proclaimed:

"Am I foolish and insignificant or am I great? I gave all the individuals in the world cause to kneel down in front of me." (Rev. Moon, Today's World, March 1995 p.6)

"I served the famous professors and scholars, and eventually they learned that the Reverend Moon is superior to them.... Even Nobel laureate academics who thought they were at the center of knowledge are as nothing in front of me." (Rev. Moon, Today's World, April 1995 p.6)

"After being released from Danbury prison, I prevailed over the U.S. Congress within seven years. Do you understand? I prevailed over the United Nations General Assembly in seven years." (Rev. Moon, Today's World, March 1995, pp. 6-7)

"Any politician who wants to run for president will come to me in a few years." (Rev. Moon, Today's World, Nov/Dec 1994, p. 19)

"When you bow to True Parents' picture and display the Unification Church flag, Satan will have to go far away from your home." (Rev. Moon, Today's World, January 1995 p.14)

In the early days of the Unification Church in America, in private lectures for Unification Church members entitled: "Master Speaks", Rev. Moon taught his followers: "But if you stand on the Principle, then the Lord of the Universe, whom we call in our movement the True Father or True Parent, will appear to you and guide you." (Rev. Moon, Master Speaks-3, "Prayer and the Spirit World," 1965, p.5) Remember "True Father", "True Parent", "Lord of the Second Advent", etc., are all titles Moon claims for himself. So we see from the above statement that he also claims to be "the Lord of the Universe!"
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

To each the decision must be made; that part IS tough, heavy-duty, BIG, but that's where the BLESSING is. It is what it is.

BUT, that's why I'm here!! To allay your fears and trepidations!! "Many feel called, few are chosen." Matt 24:14

I will say this about Barack -- and this is why I seriously considered backing him two years ago: he has convinced me he is being sincere. I do believe he is sincere, yes. The rub is that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and although someone may sincerely believe they are following the right path, they may be blind about some very vital realities. Jimmy Carter is the text book on good intentions spoiled by abysmal naivete, and it's looking more and more like Barack is following that model.

Now, back to your concerns about Father Moon: you can cherry-pick quotes from him and get yourself all worked up into a frenzy of hysteria -- and frankly speaking I could give you some "sound bites" even MORE startling than what you have posted here -- but, like everything the issue is as always: context. What is the foundation for him to say such things? What has he done in his life that leads him to say such things?? What has he experienced, what has he seen, and with whom has he aligned himself: the way of goodness (God) or the way of evil (Satan)??

For me and my house the answer became clear the moment I saw him 34 years ago: the man stands for goodness 100%. He has opposed evil in every situation, on all levels -- from top government officials and high level clergy, to simple bullies and small-time crooks -- and he has done so with no regard for his own life, as much as he regards the well-being and eternal life of others.

So, if you care to pick out the issue or issues that trouble you the most, I'll be happy to try my best to answer them.

True peace and true love.

Fogbuster

//
  12. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

This is Not "Cherry Picking" Moon said those things. Hes a deciver. Stop trying to deflect and accept you follow a charlatan.
    \
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

That's the thing, Foggy, you're entirely correct in this statement, but what remains is this:

It could just as well be you (or Reverend Moon) who may be blind about some very vital realities.

I'm not questioning your religion (although it may seem that way at times.) I seldom question any religion. I figure everyone's entitled to one and they're entitled to the one of their choice.

What I question is your constant harping on all things you, personally, consider wrong or ill-advised and the method in which you harp on them. I don't have a problem with your not agreeing with President Obama - I do, however, have a problem with the constant nit-picking, cherry-picking, ALL CAP RANTING, innuendo, fear-mongering, accusatory and defaming way in which you word every single post you create.

I question your self-pronounced ability to know all things political and the manner in which you constantly downgrade and degenerate anything which doesn't agree with your own particular vision of how the world should be run as if there is no other possible vision other than your own.

I have a problem with the (seemingly) hypocritical attitude that says, on one hand, that every man is equal and all men deserve grace and saving but, on the other hand, that poor people, particularily poor people of color, people who've made mistakes, people who've done a few bad things in life for one reason or another, are somehow beyond redemption, beyond saving, beyond even compassion and/or understanding.

Forgive me, perhaps I misunderstand things - but most of your posts seem filled with disdain, fear and outright hatred for many many things and that, to me, is not the hallmark of a religious person or a person who claims to have dedicated his life to any of a number of Christ-like figures.

For all of your admonishing me that I need to take all of Reverend Moon's words in context I would admonish you back - perhaps you need to do the same in certain other situations. It's apparent from your request that I do so that you realize words and situations are not created or uttered in a vacuum which leads me to believe that each time you post a quote from Obama or a snippet from a right wing blog or from Fox News that you totally understand exactly what it is you are doing - and what you are not doing. Just as my quotes from Rev. Moon may not have reflected the entirty of Rev. Moon neither do your quotes from The Washington Post reflect the entirty of the School Czar situation.

We're both rather intelligent people - and we could both play the game forever - but it's not much fun, is it, when it's apparent to all and sundry that it's naught but game playing and no one's learning much of anything other than how to play word games.

Plus, I'm a writer by trade and nature, you'll lose.

:)
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Your spelling blows more than ever.

//
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Good post, I could add my social justice commentary.. but then I would just be beating a dead horse once again... find it incongruous that any religion can ignore the basic tenet of peace and justice for all.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I "lose"???? :wha: Smoke 'em if you got 'em. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I admit I'm not the most "public relations" personality in the world .... but I AM working on it!! (My dad wanted me to go the Fletcher School, but I was thinking way beyond that and a career in the foreign service; prolly could have learned a few pointers there, though.) True Father Moon is my example, so I try to learn from him, and confess I've still got a ways to go. He is very good with people, especially looking after those who are less fortunate. (You need to study up on his real life, not what detractors with their own selfish agendas have in mind.)

That's what you misunderstand about my criticisms -- like the Chicago tragedy a couple of days ago: I feel deeply chagrined by the tragedy of blacks and Latinos, even illegals; but I also feel there's a right way and a wrong way to solve that solution. Just handing out free money and food stamps is NOT the solution; and I acknowledge you presented some interesting counter-points to the argument on illegals, yet it was not the best answer. I agree with Rev. Moon's advocacy of intermarriage of the different races as the BEST means to bridge all the feelings of jealosy and envy, of feeling unloved and left out; believe it or not, I have experienced those paind quite deeply in my life, even today.

To solve the world peace issue, for example, when I was given the choice to select the race of my future spouse I had already determined she would be either black or oriental, since I am 100% European white. Since the U.S. had been mortal enemies with Japan I decided to go with oriental, a big leap but I felt I could do it, and wanted to, but I almost went for a black or Latina spouse because I believe in the way of reconciliation through marriage as the SUREST way to equalize and harmonize all things. This is True Father Moon's greatest gift to the world, and the one single initiative that can solve all the issues we have faced until now. My goal in life is to learn it, love it, and live it.

There, we BOTH win!!! :)

//
  17. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I'm using an I touch so ill be brief you understood what I meant. Attacking someones spelling is the last fall back position when one has no answer

Btw mrs pats fan nailed you
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're entitled to your opinion. Like butt-holes, everybody has one.

//
  19. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Beyond immature fog what would the rev. moon say? A nerve must have been struck for you to dumpster dive.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

This is the most idiotic, short-sighted thing I have ever heard. No wonder you're obsessed with race! Your religion is based on race! How infantile your Father Moon and you are. You think wars and suffering are caused by race!...:rofl:...HOLY CRAP!

So how do you explain the wars among the indians before whites arrived? What about Aztecs and their neighbors? Northern Ireland? Azeriz and Armeniams? Jews and Arabs? Germans and French? North and South US? Tutsi and Hutus?

Good luck with your eugenics program.