PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Mrs. B doing shows for Minicamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep up the great work Karen! You know I'll be listening. Let me know if you need any new artwork.

Last edited:
Mrs. B you need to get a press pass!! You do more reporting than lardasses like Borges who just sit back and try to sling as much dirt toward BB and the Pats as he can get away with!

Dirtywater said:
Keep up the great work Karen! You know I'll be listening. Let me know if you need any new artwork.

Thanks DW and welcome! I just may be in need of an update... You rock, dude!

bruschifan1 said:
I didn't go to the Pats Draft Party so nope it's not me .. unless it's a clip of old footage from some other time and place.. (I'll have to go check it out.)

As for the camp/media thing, here's the situation: While I do feel that Podcasts ARE legitimate modes of Media and even many local sports journalists have all told me that they DO read my Training Camp Reports, I am very reluctant to approach the Pats about crossing that line. It's funny because I literally sit right beside the media tent and the only thing separating us is a yellow rope. They are handed rosters, stats sheets and press conference transcripts while everything I get is from my observation...

But here's my reasoning: I consider myself a FAN first and foremost and while what I do does take lots of time, it's a labor of love for me... I never want that to change and have it turn into an obligation in any way. I also don't profess to know it all and I'm still learning every day, and I have no "expert" analysis to offer. Thus, I can say what I want and since it is purely my opinion I feel comfortable enough putting it out there without feeling that it's under a microscope and will be picked apart.

Another reason for my reluctance is because over the years, I've gotten to know some players and more specifically many family members. I never want them to ever, ever feel that I'm interacting with them as the "media" and that I'll be looking for a story of some kind...

So, while it would be great to get access to the field after practice to get a soundbite or two for my podcast, I'm pretty content sitting on my beach towel and taking it all in proudly wearing my 54 jersey. (Media aren't there as fans... business casual is the way for them.) I think it would kill me to not be able to clap and cheer for my boys and act like the Fan of the Year that I am.

Go Pats!!

Boy that makes a lot of sense, you stay forever a Fanatic like the rest of us in here.

Just know how much we all apprciate your efforts. I have said hello to you numerous times as you sit atop the hill and a quick wave from us to you simply says - THANKS!!

I know this year will be so much more enjoyable for you after all the concern and worry that hovered over last years camp. That fact alone has been overlooked by many, but points to a much better team this year - Bruschi is there from day one!!!!

bruschifan1 said:
While I would LOVE to be able to report and give you guys all the scoop, alas, the doors are closed to all but the media! I'll be back at training camp at the end of July with my recorder and will have daily Podcasts and Training Camp Reports though :)

Mrs. B (who walks the fine line between Fandom and Media-dom)

Mrs.B - I am appalled that the Patriots haven't given you media credentials yet. Hell, you do a better job of reporting than 95% of the schmoes who consider themselves to be Boston Media.

EDIT: I just read your reasoning, and, personally, I think that you wouldn't conduct yourself the way the other "media" does. You actually have integrity and you would never use that personal relationship you've built up with the player's families to get a scoop. But I do understand your reasoning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye