PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Mankins play worth 6.5M more than Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
So mankins wants 7 million plus per year... Connelly I believe is playing for the minimum or close. The o-line is playing its best in a few years. Brady has never gotten sacked alot but would still get hit. He's stayed
Pretty clean this year. I personally dont want Mankins for the last 6
Games

Re: Is Mankins play worth 6.5 mill more then Connelly

So mankins wants 7 million plus per year... Connelly I believe is playing for the minimum or close. The o-line is playing its best in a few years. Brady has never gotten sacked alot but would still get hit. He's stayed
Pretty clean this year. I personally dont want Mankins for the last 6
Games

No Mankins...No Problem...No way should we pay more than what is reasonable

he would make things better but this season proved he is not worth what he is asking for by far and i bet he is at home steaming right now at his agent and himself for not taking what he was offered

The Patriots, according to Kraft, offered Mankins a deal in Mangold's range. So, the answer to your question is, apparently:

He's worth even more than that.

Not a chance in hell.

Extend Connelly.

Sign a Guard in the 2nd round.

Beg Stephen Neal to stay for one more year.

And let Kaczur rotate in and out next year.

Tom Brady has been sacked twice this year. I think that says it all.

At this point, I'm ok giving him the money or trading him. Whatever ends up happening, I'm ok with the move. I feel like he adds good depth and obviously secures a position in the future, but I also feel like we can play without him, so if we got good compensation then a trade is worth it.

And by good compensation, I mean at least a 2nd, but preferably more. Otherwise, let him sit and chip in his six games, then hope the new CBA rules give us a comp pick in the late 3rd.

Connolly has played very well, and I actually think he is quicker than Mankins when pulling.

A sign and trade would be my preference.

Can Mankins play center?

At this point, I'm ok giving him the money or trading him. Whatever ends up happening, I'm ok with the move. I feel like he adds good depth and obviously secures a position in the future, but I also feel like we can play without him, so if we got good compensation then a trade is worth it.

And by good compensation, I mean at least a 2nd, but preferably more. Otherwise, let him sit and chip in his six games, then hope the new CBA rules give us a comp pick in the late 3rd.

I think Gronk and Crumpler have something to do with the OLs improved play, plus Vollmer subbing for Kaczur.

I think Connelly has done well. Can Connelly snap the ball? I am scared to death to watch Koppen up against the Miami NT. We will be running wide and far, not up the gut.

If we had Light, Mankins, Connelly, Neal and Vollmer I think we would have an even better OL (much better).

Great! Now Connelly is going to hold out next year. :bricks:

The Patriots, according to Kraft, offered Mankins a deal in Mangold's range. So, the answer to your question is, apparently:

But that was before Connelly started, and played well :)

Kazcur was the starting guard when Mankins didn't accept the deal, and now he is sitting on his ass, doing nothing!

If mankins does not want to be in NE. I hope they can sit down sign him, then trade him. Get a little OLB or CB cover and a mid-late rd. draft pick.

I would think at this stage a deal will not be done.

I think Gronk and Crumpler have something to do with the OLs improved play, plus Vollmer subbing for Kaczur.

I think Connelly has done well. Can Connelly snap the ball? I am scared to death to watch Koppen up against the Miami NT. We will be running wide and far, not up the gut.

If we had Light, Mankins, Connelly, Neal and Vollmer I think we would have an even better OL (much better).

I've seen good things out of the TE's in run blocking, but I don't think they've been used a ton in pass protection. At the very least, they seem to be running out on patterns on most plays, and Crumpler tends to not be out there for a lot of passing downs.

Honestly, I think Brady makes a lot of O-Line combos look better (same as Manning), because of his quick decision making and pocket presence. And again, I'm not saying Mankins isn't better than Connelly, I think he clearly is. Just at this point I'm not worried if we end up trading him for a good asset. I think we can hold our own on the line in that case.

But that was before Connelly started, and played well :)

Kazcur was the starting guard when Mankins didn't accept the deal, and now he is sitting on his ass, doing nothing!

Connolly hasn't played well.

Connolly hasn't played well.

I disagree. He's not Mankins, but he's played well enough to protect Brady and run the ball well in 2 out of 3 games.

I disagree. He's not Mankins, but he's played well enough to protect Brady and run the ball well in 2 out of 3 games.

Indeed. He's looked good in some pulling situations as well.

I'm not sure how I'd rank him, but I don't see him as a liability yet and he's certainly surpassed expectations.

Or more correctly, Mankins' agent thinks he is worth even more than that.

Mankins is clearly better than Connelly, but right now the LG position is far, far from the Pats' biggest problem. In fact, I would say it isn't much of a problem at all.

I would not be upset if the Pats resigned Mankins, but I don't think this team has really missed him either. He makes the team better, but the reason the Pats lost to the Jets and didn't crush the Bills had nothing to do with Mankins.

Time to trade mankind it's now pretty obvious we can be successful without him. Spend the money on a d lineman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey