Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Law,McGinest and Milloy retiring or waiting by the phone for some team to call?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

3 former Patriots players from Championship teams not yet retired and apparently not ready to retire but not called or signed by anyone yet.

Are these guys going to play again? Are they waiting for an injury plagued team to call them? or are they just delaying the retirement announcement?

Have heard nothing from any of them yet.
  2. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Re: Is Law,McGinest and Milloy retiring or waiting by the phone for some team to call

Let me be the first to say that I doubt that BB calls any of those guys.
    Though I would have loved to see them on the field one more time.
    Especially Willy.
  3. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Re: Is Law,McGinest and Milloy retiring or waiting by the phone for some team to call

One thing I remember is that benefits stay in place for a year...so THAT may be a secondary thing...I know that was speculated with Troy...but also a team MAY call.
  4. eagle eye

eagle eye Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#85 Jersey

Yeah I'm fully with you there, Willy McGinest is one of my all time favourite players.
  5. farn

farn Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Really enjoyed all of them - Law being my favorite, Willy close 2nd.

Having said that, I hope BB doesn't call any of them. If he does, that would mean either :
    (A) someone looks bad
    (B) someone got hurt

Next time I see any of them in a Patriots uniform, I hope it's in a retrospective before a key late season playoff game while the announcers talk about the early parts of the decade.
  6. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

Being that Ty was always my favorite Patriot, I would love to see him on the field, just not with the Patriots. I like the youth movement (minus Springs) that we have going on in the secondary right now.
  7. matt9071

matt9071 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My guess is that they are just prolonging there retirement anouncement. There's always a chance a desperate team could throw close to a million at them just to play a minor role.
  8. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yeah, Ty Law is really waiting by the phone to hear from the Patriots. :rolleyes:
  9. matt9071

matt9071 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yea and it also gives us something to talk about.
  10. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

I wonder why nobody is trying Ty Law out at Safety. I had always assumed that he would play the position once he couldn't cover receivers one-on-one anymore.
  11. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Because then he would have to make a compromise.
  12. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

13. Strange Brew

Strange Brew Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And he would have to admit to himself that he can't cover WRs one on one. Don't know if his ego can take it.
  14. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -1

I'll be curious to see if he's signed for training camp, or is just kept on the speed-dial shadow roster.

It's one thing to see Willie in a Browns' uniform, it would be another to see him with the Dolphins. Seems to me there's a bit of a logjam on Miami's roster at OLB, so if a position should become available it would more likely be with the Pats than with the Dolphins.
  15. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Parcells and the Dolphins are not going to keep two aged OLBs as in Jason Taylor and Willie Mac on the roster - Its going to be just one IMO and that guy is already there.

However,I could see Lawyer Milloy heading to Miami,They could use him back there as depth at safety
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  16. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 2 / -0

I like him too - although Thom Brady is my biggest favorite.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  17. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

LOL, that was a good one.
  18. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +626 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

It's a great fantasy to imagine those three back on the team and contributing to another Super Bowl, then retiring. I'd think if they were super dedicated to getting in top shape, there would be a bit left in the tank for each.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.