PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Kellen Winslow the best tight end in football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
According to Winslow in a press conference, he says that after his motorcycle accident he will never be 100% healthy. However, he says he will be more like 90% but his 90% is better than any tight end in football. I think the guy has talent yet has the mindset of a five year old. I don't think he is as talented as Ben Watson who was in the same draft as Winslow. Watson is faster and has way more experience. If I were the likes of Gates, Gonzalez, Shockey, Witten, Heap etc. I would feel disrespected.

What an IDIOT.

He is the best TE in football....out of the ones that haven't played a game in two seasons.

If I had to rank TE's, It would be like this

Gates
Shockey
Crumpler
Heap
Gonzalez
Witten
Cooley
Watson
Davis (yes he is THAT good)
The one from Miami

thats a horrible rankign btw..Kinney? Smith? Miller? Pollard? Stevens? They've prove more than Watson. We have to wait and see what he does in his 2nd year back from injury before we even rank him that high.

Heck no,he has shown the league nothing.he is an egotistical meathead.Waste of a draft pick in my opinion.

I really, really hope you're taking him out of context :D

Remix 6 said:
thats a horrible rankign btw..Kinney? Smith? Miller? Pollard? Stevens? They've prove more than Watson.
Would you trade Watson straight up right now for Pollard? It isn't about proven last year, it is about who is the best.

Which of those guys would you trade Watson for?

mgcolby said:
He is the best TE in football....out of the ones that haven't played a game in two seasons.

I know thats right when I first saw the question I was thinking he must be asking about Winslows Dad cause the son has not done anything on the Pro level yet.

Last edited:
no ..............

Last edited by a moderator:
spacecrime said:
Would you trade Watson straight up right now for Pollard? It isn't about proven last year, it is about who is the best.

Which of those guys would you trade Watson for?

no i wouldnt but its unfair to judge on potential like that yet. i think Watson will be a great top 5 TE in future but to put him that high on a list..no. what if he doesnt live up to the current hype of being a great TE? If your allowed to put Watson that high and saying its potential and what he can do..then i guess Winslow has every right to say hes better than every TE even when hes 90% healthy.

If Winslow will only be 90%, he won't be the most athletic TE (Watson, Gates, V. Davis say hello) let alone the best all around TE.

If you grow up with your idiot father calling you "The Chosen One" is there any doubt you would probably turn out like this guy did too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kellen Winslow WAS the greatest TE I've ever seen.......ohhhh.....your talking about Kellen Winslow II.... He's probably one of the top 30 TE's in the NFL.

Only if he's switched to the the European sport of "football"

Kellen Winslow is the best tight end in the NFL only in his mind. However, he DOES have the biggest ego...

Remix 6 said:
no i wouldnt but its unfair to judge on potential like that yet.
How could you say player B is better than Player A, if you wouldn';t trade A for B?

The player you think is the best is the one you would take.

Okay, you could still SAY another player is best, but your actual belief will be shown by which player you'd keep.

Kellen Winslow has the same number of career NFL catches as me. Am I best tight end in pro football? If so, where's my paycheck?

I know the guy has an attidute problem, but let's be fair. Have you ever seen him drop an easy pass? Miss a key blocking assignment? Pick up a stupid penalty? How many players can you say that about after 2 years in the league?

I can't believe this thread exists.
Kellen Winslow has done NOTHING in the NFL-I don't understand ...
1. Why we are talking about this
2. Why some posters are vouching for this guy when he hasn't even played

It just goes to show......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey