PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Julian Edelman Jewish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I don't need to. My father and I have actually come to blows on several occasions before (with me getting my ass kicked of course) and then hugged and made up for it literally five minutes afterward. I'm Irish just like yourself. Believe me, I know how it goes.

I wish I was Irish.

I was thinking that Edelman might be a new addition for the thin book of Jewish football players. However when they did a close up on him on the sideline, he was showing some ink on his arms. IIRC the Talmud has this prohibition on tatoos. Like you shouldn't deface God's work. Which seem hypocritical, given the whole circumcision thing.....OUCH. ;)

THat's not to say that he isn't Jewish...could be reformed.

Igor Olshanksy has plenty of tats, and he's Jewish. Though you're right, tradionally Jews abstain from that practice.

I thought for sure I'd seen some Edelman-is-Jewish information at some point. But it might just be a matter of my gimel-grade research skills ;)

The Dolphins might not swoop in and get him from us after all! (This goes w/my "Fiedler/Rosenfels/Gate Receipts" Miami conspiracy theory, whereby the entire Jewish population of Metro Miami shows up every Sunday, right after casting butterfly ballots for Pat Buchanan...)

PFnV

No love for Andre Tippet?

Oh, I'm stereotyping. Sorry.:(

I got to see Andre inducted into our own personal Patriot hall of fame or something (last year's home Miami game... a highlight of that game actually.)

And yeah of COURSE when I first heard he was Jewish I was stoked.

Side-note: Evidently, when Reggie White died (the "minister of defense,") many of his churchmembers were worried about him getting "too Jewish," because he was learning Hebrew for purposes of deepening his own religion. It was still very cool seeing Reggie White with the silver yod ("pointer,") reading aloud in Hebrew on a documentary. Maybe I threw in the yod.

And of course it's always hilarious to see that Dennis Leary clip where he's guesting in the Sox announcing booth and talking about Mel Gibson as Youkalis and Kapler singlehandedly end an inning for the Sawx... that cracked me up.

So ... does this mean we will see Kevin Youkilis at the "Razor"?:p

I think the poster just identifies more easily with Jewish players.Jews have traditionally not been known (besides a few noticable exceptions) as great athletes.I may not have mentioned it before but in edition to being a Native American Indian I am also Jewish. My name Dan Wolfman is short for "Dances with Wolf Man"

My spirit name is Buys-At-the-Top. :)

So ... does this mean we will see Kevin Youkilis at the "Razor"?:p

I thought it was a "yes" already, but evidently we have to wait for confirmation.

Where's his Bris Certificate?!?!?!?!?

Just saw the several pages of regrettably and predictably ugly side-tracks. Wow.

PFnV

I thought it was a "yes" already, but evidently we have to wait for confirmation.

Where's his Bris Certificate?!?!?!?!?

Just saw the several pages of regrettably and predictably ugly side-tracks. Wow.

PFnV

Is that his Bris Certificate or his Certificate Of Live Bris..........?

If you ask to see my "long-form Bris Certificate" I'm outta here.

I wonder if Julian Edelman knows Julian Lennon ... they're both Julians ... :confused2:

I was responding to the psycho named 'italia', who brought Gehrig up in the first place.

Italia brings up players who people follow and cheer for because of their TALENT, not their race/ethnicity/religion, yet doesn't see why for a marginal player, the outright ethnocentrism is a turn off for people.

I know it's only lesser degrees, but imagine a more extreme case of people only voting for someone just because he is White, or Jewish, or whatever. As I said before, it's a big turn off when it's so blatant.

I NEVER said I would only like Edelman if he were Jewish. I simply would be proud of a fellow Jew making it into the NFL. Wow!

I wonder what Gabe Kapler thinks of Julian :confused2:

I wonder what Gabe Kapler thinks of Julian :confused2:

A truly underrated athlete, as any fan of Battle of the Network Stars can attest.

Wait, Kapler or Kaplan?

A truly underrated athlete, as any fan of Battle of the Network Stars can attest.

Wait, Kapler or Kaplan?

:rofl: .............. :rofl:

Wait, Kapler or Kaplan?

"Did I ever tell you about my uncle Julian?"

I have a work-friend whose dad passed away a couple years ago. My friend said his dad often said he wished he was half-Jewish and half-Irish (yes, I know that doesn't really make sense) because everyone likes Irish people and Jews are good at business. I always thought that was kind of a nice, if extrememly generalized, statement.

I have a work-friend whose dad passed away a couple years ago. My friend said his dad often said he wished he was half-Jewish and half-Irish (yes, I know that doesn't really make sense) because everyone likes Irish people and Jews are good at business. I always thought that was kind of a nice, if extrememly generalized, statement.

An Irish-Jewish marriage would make for a great wedding reception as well.

I always thought that was kind of a nice, if extrememly generalized, statement.

People love stereotypes so long as they're positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back