Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is John Edwards Done?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

Is this it for Edwards? I don't think this will cripple him, as I never really thought he had a chance. The people this pissed off weren't planning on voting for him anyway is my guess. None the less, this, and the small country he built in North Carolina sure don't help.

Stick a Fork in John Edwards . . . He’s Done.

By Doug Giles
    Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Thumb-pointing, Aqua Net addicted, Presidential-(used-to-be)-hopeful John Edwards, together with his strategists, decided that if they’re going to be “in it to win it” then they must employ the blogging help of a couple of anti-Christ, F-bomb droppin’ honeys to convince America that he’s mainstream and thus, our man.

The bloggers Juan hired to sway us common cattle into his fray are about as conventional as Jay Alexander and Crispin Glover. You can’t be more psychotically Left than these dual dames of derision. Don’t believe me? Then do this: stop what you’re doing and look all the way over to the left. I’m talkin’ way, way over yonder, and you’ll see Amanda Whoever and Melissa McSomebody typing like Lancelot Link, donned in Che Guevara T-shirts and cussing their butts off as they blame Bush, Christianity and Capitalism for Lincoln’s murder, JFK’s assassination, the plight of the manatee and all their hair problems.

Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards speaks at the Democratic National Committee winter meeting in Washington February 2, 2007. REUTERS/Jim Young (UNITED STATES) I’m sorry; I’m being a jerk again. In all fairness, the lady bloggers, whom Edwards the Wannabe hired truly do represent that which is currently the norm . . . in hell. With their blasphemous, too gross to print invectives against Christianity, their conspiratorial mendacities that make a paranoid coke dealer seem well modulated and their constant “F you, you F-ing F-ers of F-land,” these two cynical sisters do symbolize the mainstream if the brook we’re talking about is the river Styx.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/DougGiles/2007/02/13/stick_a_fork_in_john_edwards____he’s_done

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Just when you think you've seen all the a$s holes the democrats can dig up along comes pretty boy Edwards with his "hairdo" and shiny teeth and right off the bat the moron gets slapped down, three of them in two months Kerry, Biden and now the Breck Hairspray Lawyer.

Obama is next, he can't keep his mouth shut, he will blurt out something.
    :bricks:
    As much as I can't stand her I have to hand it to Hillary, she is standing back and letting the idiots self destruct then she will turn all her attack dogs on Obama, he won't know what hit him, that is if he doesn't do himself in first with his big mouth.

America can't afford to have one of these left wing screwballs running the country while the Headhunters are after us.

Imagine Obama in charge of "The War On Terror"

Please help us God.

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

another unsolicited "moderate" post here i guess...

4. Real World

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

Edwards is an ambulance chasing fraud, and Hillary is a fony. I like Obama, he seems trust worthy, I jusr wish he would run when he had more experience. I think Richardson might be the best candidate on the Dem side.

5. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good Lord, you watch too much Fox News. Edwards is not done by a long shot. First of all Democrats don't care if some obscure bloggers piss off the right wing media. He's trying to be the candidate of the "Democratic Wing of the Democratic Party" and so far he's done a decent job. The problem is people see through him. They know he is a man of little conviction and a calculating hack. He's also a hypocrite because of the five million dollar mansion as you've mentioned. Edwards still has a chance. He's been a second tier candidate for a long time however and the reason why has nothing to do with bloggers.

I agree with your assessment on the others. IMO, it will come down to Clinton, Obama, and Richardson. Richardson is a good compromise candidate. As for the GOP I have no idea. I think Duncan Hunter will sneak up on people because he's the only right wing Bush Republican that is proud to admit his allegiances.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Not sure if this will sink the Edwards ship, but agree that Richardson may be a dark horse candidate.. am sure however, that the swift boat people are out there examining everything he has ever done, interviewing everyone he has had to fire, talking with every woman he held a door open for, examining cell phone records, digging up some dirt so they can write some cheap ass book that will discredit him.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Today Feb 14, Pretty Boy's Bloggers are gone.

Pretty Boy's Bloggers (Two vicious far left liberal new democrat SCUM)

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

I ask if the blogger incident kills him because of his voter base. Obviously he's not expecting the religious right to vote for him, as they would certainly be republican leaning. However, there are alot of religious democrats & independents who this may piss off, or at least push to look in a different direction. In a nutshell, with his specific target audience, he can't afford to alienate anyone. BTW, they did talk about this on Fox, but they also talked about it everywhere else. By not letting them go immediately, and staggering the firings over a few days, it's been lingering in the news.

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

Both sides do that to every candidate. It's why most worthy, moral people won't run. Why would some decent human being want their arse dragged through the mud for 1-2 years? Worse than their own azz, these loser 527's drag their families azz through it too. I always wonder what it would be like if I were a candidate. Man, every little thing in my life would be put out there, and the little things would take a life of their own. Politics blow.

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

I'd rather bring a John Gotti home to dinner than a Politician, ever since I have been old enough to vote I have held my nose when I go to the polls.

The next time one of these slimey grinning creeps approach you in front of a supermarket and try to hand you one of their sh!tty little cards just smile and quietly say to them, "no thank you, I hate f-cking politicians"

These a$s holes love to debate, but you can stop them dead in their tracks with those four little words.

11. JLC

JLC Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I wonder if Edwards isn't really running for VP. As mentioned earlier, he's been second-tier for a while - his only chance of getting close to the White House might be in a runner-up role. Especially if someone with (posited) less-left leanings is the Candidate.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Obama:
    Sometime before the end of March this guy will destroy himself all his opponents have to do is sit back and wait.

This arrogant "clean guy" thinks he is going to dictate to the vultures in the American News Media on how to cover him and what to say about him ,ha ha.

A few weeks ago he "Ordered" the media not to talk about his "flapjack ears" now he is "Ordering" them not to make fun of him when he is wearing his bathing suit :singing:

The link below is what the most Vicious Far Left Looney Scum Bag media person in America (Maureen Dowd) has just said about this Arrogant Spoiled Clean Brat.
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Is John Edwards Done?

did he ever really 'begin'? no.

14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Who's John Edwards? Isn't he the guy who sang "Lay Around the Shanty"?

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

I think they've been there, done that with him. I said it before, and Obama is running the risk of falling victim to this too. If you run your name out there too many times, especially too many without a nomination, people look at you as an also-ran, and never again take you seriously. Edwards shouldn't have run in 2004, and in running then, shouldn't have run now. He should have stayed in the Senate and run another year. Think Lieberman, Dole, McCain, et al.

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree.
    Obama is only hurting himself by jumping in too soon. It's not like he's a Kennedy with a strong political family background. This is the sad thing about American politics and money. I'd like to see him wait out the next two elections and run for Governor. He could turn out to be a great president with proper training...you know, like Darth Vader should have done when he was young.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Mrs Edwards son.

18. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Maybe since he can't get elected in his home state, he could move to New York and run for the Senate, or maybe traverse the country in his wife's private jet and cry about global warming!

Or better yet, he can go back to chasing ambulances.

BTW don't tell Al Gore, but Edwards lives in a 28,000 square foot house!!!!! I can feel the temperature going up now as he turns on the heat!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070207/ap_on_el_pr/edwards_house

Once agian, Incapable of embarrassment!!!

19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Obama is clean, he has big ears and he looks funny in a bathing suit.

Bush looks like a Chimp.

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

Wistah we agree, especially about the governor part. I think Obama is so charasmatic and genuine that were he experienced, he'd easily be our first African American president in say 2016. He's only 44, so he'd be 54 then, would have a great resume of service (senate and gov.), and would have a 12-14 year national record. He'd be a real good candidate then. Right now, he's not. Beyond not being a good candidate right now, he's entering the fray far too early. He probably would have been better served to enter late, when people couldn't build a case against him. Let the other saps beat each other up, and then enter the fray as a darling of hope. That's what I think anyway.