• No

Votes: 30 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Not in terms of legacy but current performances?

This is a joke right?

Lewis is a great LB,Awesome locker room motivator and the heart and sole of his defense.

Mayo has a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGG way to even be in the same sentence as what Ray Lewis brings to the table and a good chunk of Ray's asset on the team cannot be seen on a stat sheet.

Mayo is the best of an average LB corps here and that about sums it up.

Last edited:
No. ten characters.

Some Patriot fans believe he is.......

Right now on performance I say he's either Lewis' equal or slightly better. Once you pull away from the mystique that surrounds Ray Lewis and look at him objectively you realize Mayo is starting to come into his own.

Tangibles say yes, intangibles built over a career say no.

Last edited:
Not yet, though the gap isn't as wide as everyone might think.

Ray Lewis makes a lot more highlight reel plays. That can't be disputed (see hit on Dustin Keller).

Is Trent Edwards better than Peyton Manning?

For Mayo to come even close to a career such as Ray Lewis he needs to become a locker room presence and motivator leader on and off the field,IMO he is continuing to work on fundamentals other than tackling and not at that leadership quality yet.

See me in 3 years for a better answer to this question

Still waiting for the "Well Mayo hasn't murdered anyone yet" crowd in 3...2...1

Ray Lewis takes a dump on Jerod Mayo. If there was an opportunity to play 11 guys with Mayo or 10 guys with Lewis, I'd pick Lewis.

No, never will be as well and reason is that one sees football as war while the other sees it as just a game. I am sure you tell who is who from above.
Mayo is too nice of a person to play with the intent that gives lewis the intent.
Lewis goes out wishing to knock someone's head off, Mayo goes out wishing to just stop someone. He is just too nice, he will be like Bruschi and that is not bad at all.

Before this thread goes way out of hand, I'm making it a new home here.

Besides, there was no WTF option to vote in the poll.

The last Patriot LB to have the tenacity and seriousness anything like a Ray Lewis was McGinest 6 years ago and Tippett in the old days.

Right now on performance I say he's either Lewis' equal or slightly better. Once you pull away from the mystique that surrounds Ray Lewis and look at him objectively you realize Mayo is starting to come into his own.

Tangibles say yes, intangibles built over a career say no.

Probably the best way to put it. Mayo can do everything that Lewis is capable of and is younger. I would say that Lewis is better at diagnosing a play and shooting the gap better than Mayo is but how much of that is due to the system that Lewis plays in vs. the system that Mayo plays in?

1 yes 14 no:D

Probably the best way to put it. Mayo can do everything that Lewis is capable of and is younger. I would say that Lewis is better at diagnosing a play and shooting the gap better than Mayo is but how much of that is due to the system that Lewis plays in vs. the system that Mayo plays in?
Yeah, actual production versus perceived production is the defining point. Because Lewis has accrued performance over time he gets treated with the Nicole Kidman mentality.

Mayo's performing to a higher level than Lewis in 2010. That doesn't mean he's better than Lewis over his career because he isn't.

Not in terms of legacy but current performances?

let's be fair to the OP. He said in terms of CURRENT performance. Ray Lewis has 36 tackles while Mayo has 43. While Mayo's stats might be a bit better, Ray Lewis has played better teams so far including Pittsburgh. Lewis leads the NFL's top defense, while Mayo is on a struggling defensive unit. I would say Lewis has the edge so far.

Jesus, I'm the biggest homer on this board and I think this is a ridiculous question.

I love me some Mayo.......... but dude, get a grip... Ray Lewis? :confused:

Two people are wasted off the kool-aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes