PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it too much to ask? (pregame shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OTG :before the net became SO pervasive those shows were our main insight into our team and its weekly opponents. No more with Twitter, blogs by people who actually analyze the game and educated posters here on Patsfans we don't need the ex-players with their axes to grind. They've been exposed for being one dimensional at best in their football knowledge

Thanks, Brother Pissah ~ I think you nailed it: The quality of the Analysis I can now easily get my hands on has improved so dramatically that what was once the best I could get ~ the PreGame Shows ~ has fallen way down the ranks. And perhaps the shows themselves have become increasingly sensationalistic, as well.

When I had it on for a brief time earlier they were talking about talking about Tebow. Wicked clevah. :rolleyes:

I had NFLN on in the background for about 15 minutes and in that time — in addition to the Tebow segment — I got to see Sapp mockingly laughing at the notion that the Pats D improved enough to be good this year, and M Faulk empathizing with Saints players because "everyone does it but they're the ones who got caught."

Click.

Really, my strategy for game day is to turn off football until game time, other than occasional checks here and with my Twitter followees.
Warren Sapp was doing a morning show radio interview here and said the Patriots window has closed as it relates to their SB chances. No surprise, then, on what we'll hear him say about NE and their defense this year.

I used to record about a half hour of pre-game stuff and the early game I wanted to watch if I knew I was going to be busy for a while on Sunday morning (CA). But, I'd never watch the pre stuff so I don't waste my time with it anymore.

How about yesterday's results? Patriots, 49ers, SF Giants! :singing:

Waiting 'til next year for the Red Sox. :bricks:

Most of the time I feel like I'm watching a roundtable consisting of a series of "Brick" from Anchorman clones.

Unwatchable too.
Sorry, just playin' with ya a little! Agreed about Felger. He's a dink. Has a whole gang of people over on Sons of Sam Horn who literally worship him, and I'm not kidding.

Serious question, here: Does anyone know when this happened??

And exactly what happened??

There was a time ~ for about 10 or 15 years, in fact ~ when I would forego a solid 7 or 8 hours of sleep to recover from Saturday night, and settle for 4 or 5 and bear the ensuing grogginess and residual hangover, just so I could watch every second of Boomer and Friends ~ I never watched the Howie + Terry Show or anything.

But a few years ago, it dawned on me that I just didn't like the show anymore ~ and hadn't, for quite some time ~ and that watching it was based on Habit, and nothing more...so I stopped.

Does anyone else remember it this way?? :confused:

Seems to me that it used to be fairly stuffed with substantial, meaty FootBall content...But no longer.

Did I imagine that content, in the past?? :confused: Serious question!!

Yeah, it happened the same way for me but it wasn't limited to ESPN.

It's all personality drive now, and what passes for a personality these days is the ability to act like an ignorant arrogant jerk. Sapp, Sharpe, Faulk etc.

If it's not that than it's the inane blather about who tweeted what from an unattractive sideline reporter followed up by 37 straight cell phone and bud light lime commercials.

Fact is pretty much all NFL is pandering to the lowest common denominator and has been for some time. Love watching the game but you can keep everything else, thank God for the DVR.

Sorry, just playin' with ya a little! Agreed about Felger. He's a dink. Has a whole gang of people over on Sons of Sam Horn who literally worship him, and I'm not kidding.

Wow. That is unfathomable.

Feltcher is one of the few people who ~ if I ever met them in person ~ I seriously might punch right in the face.

The only good pre-game show is nbc with rodney and dungy. They are hilarious. I think Rodney's mission in life now is to make Dungy curse on screen. lol. One day Dungy will say, "STFU rodney." in a joking manner. lol.

Last edited:
Wow. That is unfathomable.

Feltcher is one of the few people who ~ if I ever met them in person ~ I seriously might punch right in the face.

I admit though I hate Feltcher, his wife IS wicked hawt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down