PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it Time to Bench Ellis Hobbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bother responsing to NEM's posts? What is the point? If people think that his analysis is worth reading, then by all means read the analysis. But since NEM allows for no possibility of discussion, why bother with discussion?

I understand that thought. But it's everywhere you look here now. You've got McBee and Keegs fighting on one side, NEM arguing in nearly every thread on the server. When it's nearly impossible not to step in poop, you end up chastising the ones that crap the carpet.

:shrug:

Sorry to hijack the fishing expedition, but IIRC, since Hobbs' was benched and reinstated, he has committed no PI infractions. My thought had been that Belichick demoted him for a week to make a point regarding the frequent PI infractions for hand-checking and that no matter how silly they might think the calls as defensive player/coach that they'd have to stop. The above is, of course, pure speculation, but at least it's topical.

PS :trolls:

Sorry to hear that, 80. You're right - NEM thinks he's an expert but he's really just a divisive jerk.

I'm just not of the right personality type to post here at the moment, I don't think. I can't NOT say something when I see the things that go on, so most times it's better for me to avoid the headaches here than to come over and be part of the problem, which I admittedly have been in the past (and even in this thread most likely, though my original statement was completely true I did let myself get sucked into the fray again, blast it).

Like I've stated before, there are posters here that are just black holes, looking to suck whoever they can into these silly arguments. Until I can resist that pull, I'd rather just vacate the room than continually fuel these problem children.

But anyway, I hope you had a great Christmas BF! :)

My opinion on the question at hand is no. Hobbs is our second best CB. Maybe he wouldn't be if Gay were healthy, who knows. But we've got who we've got and Hobbs is #2. Does he scare me a little ? Sure. Although like others have said, Samuel got toasted last week too and gave up that early 1st down to Drew on a poor attempted tackle.

This is why my preference is to get teams like Baltimore and SD in the playoffs over Cincy and Indy - our pass defense is OK but my preference is to have to stop a prolific running attack and a mediocre passing attack than vice versa (although looking at the stats, Baltimore's running game isn't that good either).

It's also why my DREAM offseason is to re-sign Samuel, sign UFA to be Nate Clements - there's your starters - and Hobbs is the Nickel guy. Now THAT is a group of CB and THEN it's time to bench (or relegate to Nickel) Hobbs - but not now as he's the second best we've got.

Actually Hobbs has not been starting, all the time, at corner, Scott has been. Hobbs has been used as a nickle more often, lately. Perhaps the coaches see the same thing, that he is being beaten up on as a corner.
Hobbs has played more than Scott the past two weeks.

Actually Hobbs has not been starting, all the time, at corner, Scott has been. Hobbs has been used as a nickle more often, lately. Perhaps the coaches see the same thing, that he is being beaten up on as a corner.

It was a span of about two to three weeks where Scott got more time at 'starting' CB, though Hobbs did rotate in. And in the past two to three weeks it has again reversed to Hobbs getting the most PT across from Samuel.

It would be nice if Reiss gave a 'percent of plays' for the D like he does for the O so that there'd be facts out there for people to view before posting.

Hobbs is this team's best cornerback when healthy, which is why teams picked on Samuel before Hobbs got hurt. As an undersized player who likes to play a physical game, Hobbs is being limited by his injury more than a "soft" style player like a Phillip Buchanon would be.

Hobbs is this team's best cornerback when healthy, which is why teams picked on Samuel before Hobbs got hurt. As an undersized player who likes to play a physical game, Hobbs is being limited by his injury more than a "soft" style player like a Phillip Buchanon would be.

Ding ding ding. This is the most insightful thought I've read on why Hobbs has struggled so much with the cast. It was staring all of us Hobbs-backers in the face and just staying out of reach. Maybe it was too obvious.

Great way to pull the truth out of mush.

Ding ding ding. This is the most insightful thought I've read on why Hobbs has struggled so much with the cast. It was staring all of us Hobbs-backers in the face and just staying out of reach. Maybe it was too obvious.

Great way to pull the truth out of mush.

Isn't this amazing? In just a span of 4 months, Hobbs and Samuel completely switched places. This adds more fuel to our heated Hobbs/Samuel debate. :enranged:

:p

Isn't this amazing? In just a span of 4 months, Hobbs and Samuel completely switched places. This adds more fuel to our heated Hobbs/Samuel debate. :enranged:

:p

lol, indeed. Samuel has been playing pretty well this season. Hobbs has struggled. But people seem to forget that Hobbs is only in his second season (not saying that you do, but many of those that bash him do) when making comparisons to Samuel, a four or five year vet.

I think that if Samuel is retained and Hobbs is healthy and continues to improve that we'll have some very good CBs. We'll just need several more of them for depth, as we don't have much signed beyond this season.

lol, indeed. Samuel has been playing pretty well this season. Hobbs has struggled. But people seem to forget that Hobbs is only in his second season (not saying that you do, but many of those that bash him do) when making comparisons to Samuel, a four or five year vet.

I think that if Samuel is retained and Hobbs is healthy and continues to improve that we'll have some very good CBs. We'll just need several more of them for depth, as we don't have much signed beyond this season.

Even if NE signs Wilson and Samuel, I will be surprised if they don't draft at least 2 or 3 DBs this coming year. Most of the secondary depth are guys that are a little long in the tooth.

Even if NE signs Wilson and Samuel, I will be surprised if they don't draft at least 2 or 3 DBs this coming year. Most of the secondary depth are guys that are a little long in the tooth.

If they'd simply held on to Hank Poteat we wouldn't even be HAVING this conversation!! hahaha.

Originally Posted by NEM
Bullcrap... I have had enough of you, box and digfer going out of your way to find some reason to begin anti nem rants, in all kinds of different threads. And a lot of other people are disgusted with it too, as they have posted.
-----
But, dont worry, not for much longer. This forum has been turned into a hate war by two posters, and I will do whatever iut takes to see that it ends...whatever it takes.
-----
I hve no official duty with this forum, but I will, as I said, do whatever it takes to put an end to all this personal agenda and vendetta aimed at me, which is causing this forum to be no better than another one, which condones this type of action.
Dear NEM,

Please do proceed with your threats, unlike you, I am allowed to go to other forums where the Patriots are discussed and be welcomed, or at least shrugged off as another ignorant fan. You, on the other hand, are unwelcome just about anywhere you go.

I do not know what happened at KFFL, but I do know your version is untrustworthy in the extreme as I was present when you were ***clowned and eventually banned at Patriots' Planet. Your version bears no resemblance of the truth (yes, that makes you a liar) - you worked very hard to make yourself unwelcome and even though PP does have an intermediate step that allows ill-mannered swine such as yourself a place to vent your hatred of the Patriots, you still went too far and got yourself banned outright. Every time you choose to slander the fine people who operate and moderate Patriots' Planet, I will cheerfully launch on NEM the swine and liar for veiled attacks such as those you posted in your last paragraph above.

You are attacked here because you have worked hard to make enemies, I feel no sympathy for you and insist Ian is making a mistake by allowing you a home base from which to attack the Patriots and their fans. It's his mistake to make, but as long as I have a voice here I will protest.

Now dear liar and swine, if someone will be kind enough to quote this entire post with both your threats and my response, we can get back to your temper tantrums and spittle spraying incoherence. I and others may then go out of our way to find NEM anti-Patriot and anti-Patriot fan stupidity (including the infamous 'I'm not making a threat' threats) in the majority of threads on this forum regardless of whether you are on ignore or not.

Have a nice day troll, and yes I wish that in the same spirit you reserve for the phrase.

wow.

Seing as how this looks like it turned into one big argument i just cannot help myself.

I think Digger44 stinks and is a stupid idiot.

Yes I Do.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays (to everyone but Digger44,)

Mike

Dear NEM,

Please do proceed with your threats, unlike you, I am allowed to go to other forums where the Patriots are discussed and be welcomed, or at least shrugged off as another ignorant fan. You, on the other hand, are unwelcome just about anywhere you go.

Have a nice day troll, and yes I wish that in the same spirit you reserve for the phrase.

I'd take issue with the term troll to describe the abberant poster's behaviour.
His behaviour is spamming, and it really detracts from the Forum.
Pushing the same unwanted self-advertising BS on us time and again and again and again. Zampese, then Weis, then McDaniel.

I'd take issue with the term troll to describe the abberant poster's behaviour.
His behaviour is spamming, and it really detracts from the Forum.
Pushing the same unwanted self-advertising BS on us time and again and again and again. Zampese, then Weis, then McDaniel.
Its (allegedly) football-related posts are indeed spam, its behavior is pure troll.

Really" Cant handle the truth, right? I post more on the Pats on more topics than you can even imagine or dream of, so get off my back with your crap which is being perpertrated by a few posters who wont be here much longer.

Uh, that's the problem. Posting more. Same old, same old content. Spamming.

Gotta luv the EMPTY threats though. That is troll behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back