PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it the CB or the DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

aabtec

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Looking at some draft sites they will advocate that the DL makes the CB better. Others say that a shutdown CB allows the DL more time to get to the QB?

Which would you rather see the Pats draft..a shutdown corner or DL/OLB that can get to the QB..

They both work together but I’d place more emphasis on the DL, the best secondary in the world won’t get pressure the QB if the DL is weak, the DL can still get to the QB (SB42) even if the secondary is weak but it’s a lot more difficult.

It all starts in the trenches.

It all starts up front. A great DL makes your entire defense better. Not just your pass defense.

I'll take the stud DLineman. As I think they should if one is there, even over OLB.

Last edited:
Since we have two top corners and 3 backups with starting experience, I think that the need is on the DL.

To put in another way, I am fine with Bodden and McCourty starting, and with Arrington as the backup CB. Are you fine with that.

I am also fine with Wilhite or Butler in the nickel, with a safety taking that spot as needed.

Last edited:
It all starts up front. A great DL makes your entire defense better. Not just your pass defense.

I'll take the stud DLineman. As I think they should if one is there, even over OLB.

This is so true. Strength in the line makes the entire defense better.

However the strength of this draft is in 3-4 OLB types with only Dareus as a stud 3-4 DE.

If Dareus falls to us, it is a no brainer. However if Dareus is off the board, I think BB needs to look at OLB.

There are plenty of CB's that will be available later that can be excellent nickel backs for 2011.

McCourty is a future shut down guy.I just hope we is here for awhile.

McCourty is a future shut down guy.I just hope we is here for awhile.

McCourty is, after 14 games, already (across the board) ahead of Revis' rookie stats compiled in 16 games.

He's tied for 4th in the NFL in total PDs and has more picks than the guys in front of him and more tackles (except for Terrell Thomas, who leads McCourty 84-77).

IOW, I think he's kinda there already. We'll know for sure when we stop hearing his name during games and start hearing Arrington's a lot more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back