Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is it one or the other with Healthcare and Cap & Tax ?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Jul 15, 2009.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

With the obamans looking like they're going to ram rod this $1.5T "healthcare savings" (still don't get that) and pay for it with taxes, does anyone agree with me that it absolutely ends Cap & Tax ? Personally I think the latter is going down anyway but the country does not want more taxes and expenses and raising taxes (even if it's "just" on the rich) for the healthcare plan would seen to be a deathblow for Cap & Tax, I don't see any way that the obamans can talk the Senate, especially those in the Midwest, to vote for more taxes.
  2. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Absolutely ends Crap & Tax? I say no. Too many senators and house members can be bought off - Reid and Pelosi are not affraid to add late-night pork amedments.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +226 / 6 / -7

I think cap and trade is necessary to revitalize the economy because I believe that capitalism requires a dynamic force to encourage investment. That said, if cap and trade does pass it will probably be the kind of compromise that no one is happy with.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Revitalize the economy ? By attaching a lead weight to it ???
  5. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You mean revitalize the pocketbooks of the federal government, Al Gore, Goldman Sachs, and GE. While making the everyone else pay this hidden costly tax that will do absolutely nothing to reduce so-called global warming but will increase the numbers of unemployed. China and India are laughing their asses off right now.

This bill would be hilarious if it wouldn't trigger an economic depression.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009