PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is It OK To Be Excited Now About Next Year's Draft ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrellbee

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
My goodness. We'll enjoy now for what it is, of course. But oh what fun we are going to have next draft season.

NO.

It's not okay.

Please keep all positive posts to yourself, can't you see we're facing a frickin' crisis here?!? We just traded away a dude that wasn't going to play for us anyway.

:D

arrellbee said:
My goodness. We'll enjoy now for what it is, of course. But oh what fun we are going to have next draft season.
You'll now get the first pick (yours), and the 31st (Seattle's).

Infinsible said:
You're so cute when you're stupid :rolleyes:

Tons of defensive talent in this draft. Tons.

I really like the draft before but with two picks now in the top 32 thats great to have.

Your right the draft will be a ton of fun when we'll be the Super Bowl Champs AND have two first round picks! WOW!:rocker:

Regarding the draft: What major players aren't going to be here next year? NE always loses 3-4 starters, and they clearly have their sights on continuing to get younger, so who is gone?

My guesses (aside from the fringe guys like Alexander and Woods that we hope can improve but haven't shown much yet):

Graham
Brown
one of Koppen/Samuel/Wilson, maybe two - I would rather use the $ to sign them all now, though
Seau
Izzo

Ceresco said:
Your right the draft will be a ton of fun when we'll be the Super Bowl Champs AND have two first round picks! WOW!:rocker:

If we win the Super Bowl, will the NFL Owners & GM committes come up with another anti Patriot rule change. From now on, good teams are not allowed to have 2 first round picks.

scott99 said:
If we win the Super Bowl, will the NFL Owners & GM committes come up with another anti Patriot rule change. From now on, good teams are not allowed to have 2 first round picks.
If that were to happen we should file a grievence.;)

SeanBruschi54 said:
If that were to happen we should file a grievence.;)

Maybe we can get Chayut and his crew to represent us in our negotiations with the NFL...

T-ShirtDynasty said:
NO.

It's not okay.

Please keep all positive posts to yourself, can't you see we're facing a frickin' crisis here?!? We just traded away a dude that wasn't going to play for us anyway.
:D

I agree. That would be in very bad taste.
Nonetheless, i just came back from a two-hour walk
during which i thought of little else.

Interim results:
Presuppose that we retain the young guys we like coming up on FA.
Only retirees, "undesirables" and running-out-of-gassers need be considered.

Therefore, probably replacing:
Dillon (3 mil roster bonus due)
Troy
Izzo and/or Davis
Seau
Scott, and
- i hate to say it! - Harrison and/or Bru.

This strong team is so blinkin YOUNG.

flutie2phelan said:
I agree. That would be in very bad taste.
Nonetheless, i just came back from a two-hour walk
during which i thought of little else.

- i hate to say it! - Harrison and/or Bru.

This strong team is so blinkin YOUNG.

Go wash your mouth out with soap.:mad:

PATSNUTme said:
Go wash your mouth out with soap.:mad:

That was friggin hillarious!

Infinsible said:
How is the view from the bottom of the AFC East division?

See this is why it's NOT okay... I cannot think about Bru or Harrison being gone. Dillon? Me, I want him to crush people all year and make Maroney sit on the pine at least a year. What's not to like? We get low mileage when he starts, and CD gets another beautiful year (and if it's two, I'm not cryin'.)

Seymour is currently bumming up a storm about Deion, which surprised me. I dount it will mean a thing in a week -- they're pros, they know how brutal the business is... but still, at the very least, I want to think about this 53 for a year before going back to the grief mill LOL... not that I personally care if this particular whiner is gone. But if Sey cares, I care, ya know?

PFnV

Never too early to think about the draft. As a self proclaimed draft head I recommend this site, http://www.nfldraftscout.com/

It is best one I found, the cost is about $25 per year but it is worth it.

While I love the draft I don't want the Pats to just make the playoffs, I want them to win and hope they make a few more roster adjustments to shore things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye