PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it odd to be completely calm??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumbrunner

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have been a nervous wreck before the last 4 SBs (including the GB one). For whatever reason, I am completely calm for this one. Not sure why. Maybe its because I just dont expect this game to be close. Maybe its because its been so long since they last lost that I just dont expect one.

Anyone else feeling this way?

I have been a nervous wreck before the last 4 SBs (including the GB one). For whatever reason, I am completely calm for this one. Not sure why. Maybe its because I just dont expect this game to be close. Maybe its because its been so long since they last lost that I just dont expect one.

Can you tell us what kind of drugs? ;)

No, I don't think that it is odd at this point. However, if you are still completely calm by Sunday then you might just want to check to see if you have a pulse, no disrespect meant. :D

I'm calm right now, because I can be clinical and rational about the Patriots chances.

Come Sunday, I'll be a nervous wreck, wouldn't matter if we were going for 19-0 against a Pop Warner team.

I'm calm too. Sunday will be ugly (for the Giants, at least).

Besides, last weekend I was really worked up about the game. It's been almost two weeks and I'm now in waiting mode.

I'm pretty calm about the whole thing, besides looking at message boards and boston.com all the time. I try to stay away from ESPN cause they hype up things that shouldn't be hyped.

I also think it's because it's two weeks between games. I got all of me anxiousness out last week, and this week has been smooth sailing.

That being said, the Pats SB DVDs have been in heavy rotation since week 17. They make me feel go no matter what.

I'm oddly calm as well. We'll see how long it lasts....

I'd say it's odd - but I wish I were odd with you :D

I'm very confident but there's too much on the line to not be a nervous wreck right now. For me.

I'm strangely calm, too. But I'm sure I'll be anxious/nervous/excited come Sunday. :rolleyes:

i think the OP is either experiencing the calm before the storm or is consuming some remarkable pharmaceuticals. i predict that by 3PM Sunday he will be as crazed as the rest of us. personally, i was scheduled to be out of town (nyc) for the last three days and away from the media firestorm in the tabloids and Times. it helped a lot, but my anxiety is increasing as i prepare to return to the Apple tomorrow.

i think the OP is either experiencing the calm before the storm or is consuming some remarkable pharmaceuticals. i predict that by 3PM Sunday he will be as crazed as the rest of us. personally, i was scheduled to be out of town (nyc) for the last three days and away from the media firestorm in the tabloids and Times. it helped a lot, but my anxiety is increasing as i prepare to return to the Apple tomorrow.

It could very well be. However, I remember that for the former SBs I was a nervous wreck all week leading up to it. Maybe I'm more used to being in this situation 3 SBs later. Your're probably right though. Sunday will probably get my blood pumping. But the lead up is definitely different this year, for me at least.

I think we need a Senate hearing to understand how any Patriots fans could be calm at a time like this.

I was nervous last week, been calm most of this week. Kinda ancy today though. Tomorrow and Sunday may be a complete opposite.

The last 2 I wasnt nervous at all. You just new the team was going to pull thru. This team has that same quality (and to a much farther extent)

Ok, reading more posts on this thread let me amend my view.

I'm calm, presumably because I realize that's it's just a freaking football game and sports are overall unimportant.

I love my teams and devote much more time to them than I should. The performance of a group of strangers hardly effects my life enough to make me nervous for days, though. I really think a lot of sports fans need help.

I was a little anxious for the first playoff game, but was very calm before the AFCCG and am the same for the Super Bowl.

Well, let me amend. I'm not nervous or concerned. Rather I'm excited for the SB, but I think that's probably only because I am going. :)

...and I was nervous before the AFCC. I though SD would put up more of a fight offensively than they did.

Since they have been playing well and we are facing a lower seed, it is ok to be calm right now. However come Sunday, my stomach will be doing cart wheels.

My wife is having her work buddies over and I so badly want the Pats to jump on them early so I dont have to take any crap from any of them.

I'm calm about the Patriots producing in the game on Sunday, just anxious for the game to get here already.

I was also for the previous SB's, however, maybe this is the feeling of perfection!

It hasn't been done in this dramatic fashion before, here's to an excellent game, an unbelievable season and many more to come!

If we were playing GB, I'd be nervous, fearing that Brett would have a huge game.

We are playing the Giants, though, and I just can't take Eli seriously. It's not going to be close.

The only way I will get nervous before/during the game would be if we come out flat. Then I'd be a wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots