PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it me, or has Samuel lost a step?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean, I didn't play.

I think when this seasons over, he's gonna wish he had been more humble and taken the deal the Pats offered. DBs behind this front 7 are gonna benefit better than most, so he'll have no excuses why he isnt leading the league in picks by week 8.

I;m not sure he's lost a step or not..but he doesn't seem in game shape like he should be..(Missing training camp was to HIM a big deal..surprised that so many sort of dismissed that notrion when he showed up late...thought he'd be fine early.) I'm not concerned and just wish that he's playing tough LATER in the season..although I too did not buy the 'top CB' rating from just one season/ I am nt concerned..he'll be fine.

He'll be fine, just give it some time. But he hasn't FALLEN behind Hoobs, he was behind Hobbs last year.

Anyone know how many of the defensive snaps he played on Sunday??

I know Gay was the "starter" but this is meaningless in terms of downs played.

If it is a high percentage, then that means Asante was doing his job. I can't recall yelling at him through the TV at all, except for the ball he whiffed on.

Per Mike Reiss' mailbag:
Just curious how many snaps Asante Samuel is getting. Is he getting the lion's share of snaps at CB?
Mac Blythe, Newton

A: Samuel is getting the majority of snaps. Randall Gay has started both games at left corner, but Samuel has come on in the second series and essentially gone the rest of the way.

Samuel has played all but the first series of both games, and has been covering tight enough that both the Chargers + Jets weren't throwing his way.

Per Mike Reiss' mailbag:

Samuel has played all but the first series of both games, and has been covering tight enough that both the Chargers + Jets weren't throwing his way.
Good to here...

Samuel will come around. But the way things are going, its buying him lots of time. He'll be ready sooN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes