PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is It Me Or Do The Colts Have That 'Just Happy To Be Here Look'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't know why but watching the Colts on 1st day of Super Bowl talk with the Media and on the radio it sounds like they have that dreaded 'Just happy to be here' look and feel about them.

Sure on paper they are the better team with the Better QB and O-Line and thier defense is playing well but I just think they may be looking at this game like Kansas City did when they miracuously made the playoffs and the Jets who no one expected to make the playoffs either - Of course both teams got thier butts beat in their playoff games played this year and appeared as the 'I am just happy to be here' teams....I think Indy looks like that,at least from what I saw and heard today-Spells upset in the Super Bowl if they have that attitude deep down and was just happy to get over the hurdle against the Pats to which I think truly was THIER SUPER BOWL.

I have a feeling they will come unusually unemotional and somewhat looking unprepared to this game kind of like the Pats did when we played Indy in the regular season game this year - The guys were pumped up a bit inside but didn't produce physically or emotionally outside and got beat that night - I am beginning to think it can happen to the Colts this time on sunday,The Bears have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain and Indy may come lacking some emotion despite the HUGE IMPORTANCE of this game which gives a big edge to the underdogs,I look for a very physical game from the bears both on offense and defense and I have a hunch that I really don't think Indy will be up to the task of emotional or physical and may get pushed around - We shall see .

Like I said a few sentences ago,I think the Colts were not to be denied of beating the Patriots finally for the AFC crown and that was thier top effort and thier super bowl in reality - Somehow I dont see them duplicating the desire to beat the Bears as much sunday - no matter what HUGE season ending game is at stake,I don't think they will get it done and for the reasons I mention,They will be emotionally down sunday after the hill they climbed against NE and I can't see them getting up again to that level of play,I just don't think they are good enough to get the job done despite where they are now and how they have been playing,A big upset and letdown by the favorites is looming forth,I feel it in my bones - Lets see if my bones are lying.

I didn't watch any of media day, I wouldn't know :D

Neither did I...can't bear it.

Lets keep repeating the old mantra: "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS" GO BEARS!!!!

I didn't watch any of media day, I wouldn't know :D

I don't know why I had it on, but I did. Maybe it's because I've never really seen a media day that didn't involve the Pats, but I was struck with how stupid it all seemed. Dungy sounded more like a preacher than a football coach. Makes me long for BB's supposedly boring pressers about, you know, actual football games.

I don't know why but watching the Colts on 1st day of Super Bowl talk with the Media and on the radio it sounds like they have that dreaded 'Just happy to be here' look and feel about them.

Sure on paper they are the better team with the Better QB and O-Line and thier defense is playing well but I just think they may be looking at this game like Kansas City did when they miracuously made the playoffs and the Jets who no one expected to make the playoffs either - Of course both teams got thier butts beat in their playoff games played this year and appeared as the 'I am just happy to be here' teams....I think Indy looks like that,at least from what I saw and heard today-Spells upset in the Super Bowl if they have that attitude deep down and was just happy to get over the hurdle against the Pats to which I think truly was THIER SUPER BOWL.

I have a feeling they will come unusually unemotional and somewhat looking unprepared to this game kind of like the Pats did when we played Indy in the regular season game this year - The guys were pumped up a bit inside but didn't produce physically or emotionally outside and got beat that night - I am beginning to think it can happen to the Colts this time on sunday,The Bears have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain and Indy may come lacking some emotion despite the HUGE IMPORTANCE of this game which gives a big edge to the underdogs,I look for a very physical game from the bears both on offense and defense and I have a hunch that I really don't think Indy will be up to the task of emotional or physical and may get pushed around - We shall see .

Like I said a few sentences ago,I think the Colts were not to be denied of beating the Patriots finally for the AFC crown and that was thier top effort and thier super bowl in reality - Somehow I dont see them duplicating the desire to beat the Bears as much sunday - no matter what HUGE season ending game is at stake,I don't think they will get it done and for the reasons I mention,They will be emotionally down sunday after the hill they climbed against NE and I can't see them getting up again to that level of play,I just don't think they are good enough to get the job done despite where they are now and how they have been playing,A big upset and letdown by the favorites is looming forth,I feel it in my bones - Lets see if my bones are lying.

Iam 100% with you on this. My buddy and I where just talking about this. We talked on the topics that you just mentioned. I watched media day today on NFL network the whole thing this afternoon, and saw both teams. The Colts do have that just happy to be here look. I think thats why some media were making an issue about the Colts coming a day later than the Bears. I think the winner of this game is going to be the team that wants it most. Like you said the Colts may have that "we already won the superbowl" feeling, after finally getting past the Pats in the playoffs. I have the same feeling you do, and i just hope its not my wishful thinking getting in the way. The Bears do have the potential to win this game. Just look at there regular season record, they are capable of beating anybody.

Iam 100% with you on this. My buddy and I where just talking about this. We talked on the topics that you just mentioned. I watched media day today on NFL network the whole thing this afternoon, and saw both teams. The Colts do have that just happy to be here look. I think thats why some media were making an issue about the Colts coming a day later than the Bears. I think the winner of this game is going to be the team that wants it most. Like you said the Colts may have that "we already won the superbowl" feeling, after finally getting past the Pats in the playoffs. I have the same feeling you do, and i just hope its not my wishful thinking getting in the way. The Bears do have the potential to win this game. Just look at there regular season record, they are capable of beating anybody.

NFC team or not - Winning 15 games in a season is more than credible and the Bears are getting that no chance to win from just about everyone outside of Illinois.

Isn't this the same ingredient the Pats used to win 3 Super Bowls? - And yes....Rex Grossman will show up sunday and I would not be shocked if he has better numbers and a better QB ranking in this game when the day is done,In fact I am betting on it - Why not? He has already better numbers than Peyaton in the playoffs thus far-one more game should not change things IMO. - GO REX!!!

Urlacher, please take out Dallas clark all game....

NFC team or not - Winning 15 games in a season is more than credible and the Bears are getting that no chance to win from just about everyone outside of Illinois.

Isn't this the same ingredient the Pats used to win 3 Super Bowls? - And yes....Rex Grossman will show up sunday and I would not be shocked if he has better numbers and a better QB ranking in this game when the day is done,In fact I am betting on it - Why not? He has already better numbers than Peyaton in the playoffs thus far-one more game should not change things IMO. - GO REX!!!

If grossman can play under the pressure he had the last few weeks, he can play under anything.

They didn't look any different then any other team I have ever seen on media day...trust me the Colts will be ready Sunday

Last edited:
The Colts have that "we are going to cough it up Rams style" look on their faces.

The Bears are getting no respect from all the idiot talking heads in the media, just the like the Pats in 2001.

And just like the Pats, the Bears are going to suprise everyone by beating the media darlings.

I don't know what their faces look like on media day, but what I've seen on the field gives them the look of champions to me.

They are, simply, playing winning football. What they need, they get. Whether it's a big interception on the goal line, or running the last 7:00 off the clock against perhaps the best or second best run defense in the league, or storming back from an 18 point deficit with a late touchdown drive, or hitting the cross bar on a 50 plus yard field goal.

They have the look of champions to me. They appear to be doing what superbowl champions for the last several years have done on the road to winning -- find a way to be a few points better, whatever it takes, and get some lucky breaks.

I know that's not a popular opinion here, and the sentiment is strongly against them. Personally, I don't give a crap what happens in the superbowl. It takes enough of my energy to root for my own team. Rooting against others is, in my view, wasted energy. But I believe the colts are going to pull this one out, in a close game. They'll find a way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots