Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is it just the Muslims?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turk, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The following is a great, humorous example of if it is just the Muslims or not. It was passed on to me by a co-worker and I have no idea who the author is.
    Turk

Dear Self-righteous Religious Fanatics:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your preaching, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

2. Gumby

Gumby 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +86 / 1 / -1

#11 Jersey

LOL.

The rest of this message is purely fill. Apparently 10 characters is the minimum reply length (WHO KNEW?). Replying with simply "LOL" is NOT AUTHORIZED.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

I would say, "we stopped" the Muslims didn't.

4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +584 / 52 / -9

#75 Jersey

TUrk your attempt at humor has insulted my religion. I now call on all other Christians to hunt you down and murder you.........

I'm Just kidding, of course, but that is the difference between the Christians and the Muslims. they're not.

5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +155 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

All christians should go burn down the Turkish embassy for these comments, oh wait we are not animals.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

LOL, great post.

PFIEL, I wonder if the 100 million or so killed as a result of WWI, WWII, and Colonialism might differ with your opinion that we are not animals. I think we're all roughly the same.

7. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What do you say you and I make a bet?
    I say that more Muslims were killed by Christians than the other way around, are you in?

8. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The US Embassy in Turkey has not been under attack. Quite to the contrary, terrorists have targeted Turkish establishments just as much, because of the US Turkish partnership.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Tell that to the Germans & The Japs.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Hey Boy,
    The Germans were Christians who not only tried to wipe out the Jews but also used Christian righteousness to try to take out the "athiest" Soviets to the tune of 15 million dead soldiers and mostly civilians at least. The Japs were also religious fanatics based on their Shinto-Bhuddist beliefs coupled with emporer worship and demolished 20 million Chinese, Koreans, you name it.

My point is that you can "insert religion here" to explain most massacres, genocides and wars in all of human history. It's all a crock of shyte.

11. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +584 / 52 / -9

#75 Jersey

SO 9/11 was reprisals for the Cursades, oh now I see. Look at your fellow muslaniamals in the streets of Europe and tell me, they are in any way furthering the cause of Islam.

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

FTW, Most of the problems in the modern Middle East stem from Colonialism. The opposition to the U.S. in Iraq is opposition to western powers interfering in the region. Every war sets a country back by creating a power vacuum.

If our government collapsed, I guarantee the religious right (and other groups) would be doing what it could to assert control. I don't think they'd commit acts of terrorism, but if we had no electricity, people were hungry, and enough people lost family members, anything is possible. (If you lived in a state of anarchy and someone blew up your family, wouldn't you at least consider violence as a response?)

We have destabilized a large part of the ME and the Arab people, sick of Colonialism and of their own corrupt governments, are trying to find a way to fight back. I'm not defending their behavior, but just acknowledging that it is a consequence of western aggression.

13. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +584 / 52 / -9

#75 Jersey

ALLAH AKBAR!!

Here you go Turk and Patters this will warm your hearts. Young Turk boy shoots a Catholic priests dead in a church while shouting "Allah Akbar!" So according to Turk, we are now justified to go into our local mosque and shoot us a terrorist leader, oops I mean Iman.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183879,00.html

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Christians have turned away from the old days of Barbarism.

Muslims have not.

15. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,205 / 27 / -38

#15 Jersey

Bush himself gave the estimated # of civilian casualties in Iraq at about 30,000. The problem is they're were NO Iraqi's on those planes.

Our own reprisals seem pretty misguided when you think about it.

16. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

\

"Your fellow muslimanimals" ?
    That's deep and respectful.
    Not that it matters, but I do not subscribe to any organized religion. More violence, terror, murder, genocide have been committed in the name of religion than anything else.
    By the way, when did I claim to be supporting any type of violence and/or terrorism?
    I have taken every opportunity in this forum to condemn any and all types of violence and/or terrorism, no matter if the perpetrator is wearing a ski mask or a soldier's uniform, but you probably missed all that since throwing insults around is so much easier.
    While you are at it, why don't you explain how this administration is "building the bridges" they had promised? Seems to me all they have done is divide further. How are they helping the Christian cause by killing 30,000 Iraqis?

Lastly, where the hell is Bin Laden?

Seems to me that 95% of the world is the same; people that want to have a decent life, supply for their families, get along with their neighbors, etc.
    It is the other 5% that intimidate, violate, terrorize and kill. Until the 95% realize that they have the power to say enough, and stop being manipulated, it will stay this way.

17. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This isolated act of senseless violence is shameful and has been condemned by the Turkish "Diyanet Isleri Baskani" (which is loosely translated into "High-Imam"), along with every single member of the Turkish cabinet, members of both houses, and all regional religious leaders, just as they had condemned September 11th.

Based upon your example, should someone living outside the US assume that Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz, Jeff Dahmer, Donald Leroy Evans, Charlie Manson, and the rest of the lovely gang are your average Americans?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Maybe it was because the Priest was diddling the kid and the kid had enough of the old perv.

19. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,205 / 27 / -38

#15 Jersey

Turkey is one of the most progressive countries in the Arab world. Pakistan and Mushareff get alot of press but Turkey is in fact a stronger and more stable ally than Pakistan can be.

Ahmet Necdet Sezer seems like a smart dude. The leadership in Turkey came out very early to condemn the 9-11 attacks and the only thing we have to do to convince their leaders we're serious about peace is get rid of Bush/Satan.

Sezer is kinda hard-line, but that's all you're going to get now. Bush hasn't exactly stepped up as a world diplomat to soften opinions either.

20. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +584 / 52 / -9

#75 Jersey

Turkey had no problem dealing with Bush when they tried to extort millions out of him prior to the Iraq invasion.