PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it just me. . .

milwaukeebeers44

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
. . .or does anyone else cringe when Foulke comes out of the bullpen? I know his numbers ain't bad overall this year, but after last year??? I have no faith in him anymore.

And last night's ninth inning HR further solidifies A-Rod's stance as Mr. Irrelevant. Even the ESPN-holes recognized that the New York media would be all over him for that: "Where was that against the Mets???"

Last night he was trying to end the game as quick as possible. He threw pitches where he knew the guys would put them in play because statistically that's what will end the game the fastest. Now if he walked a bunch of guys there, I'd be concerned. A situation like that is only telling if its somebody who's unproven on the mound. An established vet knows its just about getting the game over with when you have an 8 run lead in the ninth.

He ain't the front-line closer he used to be, but who cares? We got one of them in Paps. He's a good setup guy who's done well with inherited runners this season. Substantially better than Timlin has in fact.

milwaukeebeers44 said:
. . .or does anyone else cringe when Foulke comes out of the bullpen? I know his numbers ain't bad overall this year, but after last year??? I have no faith in him anymore.

Foulke isn't where he was, but he does seem to be getting alot of his 2004 form back, which will be beneficial down the road. As a set up guy, he is working out well.

sdaniels7114 said:
He ain't the front-line closer he used to be, but who cares? We got one of them in Paps. He's a good setup guy who's done well with inherited runners this season. Substantially better than Timlin has in fact.

He still makes me nervous.

And I cringe when anyone calls Papelbon "Paps." I guess thats what happens when you get Pap smears on a regular basis. . .

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back