PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it just me or do any of you guys think Krafty is CHEAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this team was on top, the homers were calm and rational, craziness was often limited to pummeling coordinators for no apparent reason, and we only had a few Chicken Littles who were insane enough to derail the board.

Now that the team has made some big mistakes and has fallen back into the pack, the number of insane Chicken Littles has increased, and a bunch of the Homers have begun to go insane as well, as denying the obvious has begun to drive them over the edge. The middle has become an ever-shrinking area under fire from both sides of the aisle. It started before last season, and has gotten progressively worse over time.

God forbid this team continue to slide during this upcoming season. If the number of insane homers begins to climb, and the insane Chicken Littles get reinforcements joining up, this place could become an electronic Dodge City.

Naturally, a little brain rot from the Douche Awry caps the thread.

Interesting theory.

Of course, the problem with your theory is that we'd be penalized for circumventing the salary cap if we did that. Kraft's mall cost hundreds of million of dollars.

This year is not a capped year. We'll see how Pats spend their money.

Or perhaps the great unwashed masses would have preferred to finance Gillette stadium through public money like the other 31 NFL cities?

Seriously, the stupidity displayed here is mind boggling. My guess is pigskin and financial ignorance go hand in hand.

When "Hey Bro, IQ is not up" looks less of the ****** you know a serious rethinking of posting is required.

Fortunately, Condom 69:confused: adds some consistency with a usual brain dead post.

Actually, given that public funding of Gillette would have meant lower debt for the team, the "stupidity" would not be on the side of those in favor of public stadium funding when the topic involved is spending money on players.

Or perhaps the great unwashed masses would have preferred to finance Gillette stadium through public money like the other 31 NFL cities?

Seriously, the stupidity displayed here is mind boggling. My guess is pigskin and financial ignorance go hand in hand.

When "Hey Bro, IQ is not up" looks less of the ****** you know a serious rethinking of posting is required.

Fortunately, Condom 69:confused: adds some consistency with a usual brain dead post.
Naturally, a little brain rot from the Douche Awry caps the thread.
It's fine to disagree with us, but what's up with the name calling? You are one hostile dude.

Last edited:
When this team was on top, the homers were calm and rational, craziness was often limited to pummeling coordinators for no apparent reason, and we only had a few Chicken Littles who were insane enough to derail the board.

Now that the team has made some big mistakes and has fallen back into the pack, the number of insane Chicken Littles has increased, and a bunch of the Homers have begun to go insane as well, as denying the obvious has begun to drive them over the edge. The middle has become an ever-shrinking area under fire from both sides of the aisle. It started before last season, and has gotten progressively worse over time.

God forbid this team continue to slide during this upcoming season. If the number of insane homers begins to climb, and the insane Chicken Littles get reinforcements joining up, this place could become an electronic Dodge City.

Whatever would we do if not for your enlightened clarity...Neither homer nor chicken, just self proclaimed authority on what's wrong with everyone else...including that moron Belichick and his disingenuous employer Kraft.

I'm struggling to decipher what being hostel entails let alone who Varbel was...

How this thread hasn't made the practice squad is ridiculous. Is Kraft cheap? Of course not. The guy is a smart business man and he knows that if he decides to be stingy on players salaries and turns this team into the Detriot Lions in terms of success, all the money he is saving in the short term will be lost tenfold on the backend when people stop going to the games, advertisers pull out, corporations don't renew their contracts for luxury boxes and club seats, etc.

Is Kraft as spend crazy as Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones? Of course not. But what do those two owners have to show for their free spending over the last decade other than a very small handful of playoff appearances and wins and a whole bunch of disapointment?

Could Kraft spend more on his players? Probably. Has their formula been successful? Yes. They have had 3 Super Bowl wins, 4 Spuer Bowl appearances, 5 AFC Championship apperances, seven division titles, and an undefeated regular season during the last decade. Could they have done better in recent years? Probably.

The Pats have one bad year (and it was a bad year for New England standards, not NFL) and people are turning on this team. We are two season away from one dropped INT away from a perfect season. We weent 11-5 without Brady in 2008 and might have done some damage in the playoffs if they didn't play in a fluke season where 11 wins wasn't good enough to get into the playoffs. Let's not go overboard. Only four teams (Steelers, Giants, Colts, and Saints) have had more success since 2004 than the Pats. If Asante Samuel held onto an easy INT in the Super Bowl, that list drops to one - the Steelers who had two Super Bowl wins.

How this thread hasn't made the practice squad is ridiculous. Is Kraft cheap? Of course not. The guy is a smart business man and he knows that if he decides to be stingy on players salaries and turns this team into the Detriot Lions in terms of success, all the money he is saving in the short term will be lost tenfold on the backend when people stop going to the games, advertisers pull out, corporations don't renew their contracts for luxury boxes and club seats, etc.

Is Kraft as spend crazy as Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones? Of course not. But what do those two owners have to show for their free spending over the last decade other than a very small handful of playoff appearances and wins and a whole bunch of disapointment?

Could Kraft spend more on his players? Probably. Has their formula been successful? Yes. They have had 3 Super Bowl wins, 4 Spuer Bowl appearances, 5 AFC Championship apperances, seven division titles, and an undefeated regular season during the last decade. Could they have done better in recent years? Probably.

The Pats have one bad year (and it was a bad year for New England standards, not NFL) and people are turning on this team. We are two season away from one dropped INT away from a perfect season. We weent 11-5 without Brady in 2008 and might have done some damage in the playoffs if they didn't play in a fluke season where 11 wins wasn't good enough to get into the playoffs. Let's not go overboard. Only four teams (Steelers, Giants, Colts, and Saints) have had more success since 2004 than the Pats. If Asante Samuel held onto an easy INT in the Super Bowl, that list drops to one - the Steelers who had two Super Bowl wins.

The PS is the most underutilized sub forum Ian ever created. Even moreso than the VIP forum...

The PS is the most underutilized sub forum Ian ever created. Even moreso than the VIP forum...

Yeah, although the VIP forum is where I go if I want to be alone and collect my thoughts, the PS forum is actually a forum that needs more of these threads to be banished to.

How many times this offseason is someone going to start a "Kraft is cheap" thread this offseason. Probably until (if and when) the Pats sign Peppers and then it will be how Kraft spends his money foolishly on players who have attitude problems.

I stayed in hostels when I was backpacking arounf Europe after I graduated college. I went to one in Bruges and the chicks that worked there were amazing. You should have seen them.

I stayed in hostels when I was backpacking arounf Europe after I graduated college. I went to one in Bruges and the chicks that worked there were amazing. You should have seen them.

Were the chicks looking good?? :D

He is, when lots of players that are and were within the organization say that the pats is cheap, it is because we are. Unless there is a change in that department, i doubt that we can be a successful team in the near future.
Yeah, we have to be the least successful team in the past decade and you are right about one thing: that isn't going to change in the next decade if the Pats continue their ways. Look for another decade of the Patriots dominating the NFL.

Give my regards to Broadway.

Because of my slip up, now were talking about hostels.

And I for one thank you for bringing back such a great memory for me. And if it helps this thread get dumped, all the better.

Its too bad that this is the way

they have some real goodplayers and there are a fewout there that would put them at the top agian
but they will have to spend some money players arnt just going to flock here and take a discount like in the past

This thread was great for a laugh. Sad I missed it.

I'm going to go ahead and bump this. A Practice Squad LEGEND!!! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back