PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it 5 days before Seau & Brown officially are retired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Wildo. Haynes IS in the NFL HOF; and Andre Tippett JOINS him this year, too.

As for Jimmy Lee Hunt and Steve Nelson, they were good players, but Houston Antwine was better than Jimmy Lee, as a contemporary player. Steve Nelson's number should be unretired along with Jim Hunts.

Nellie was a good player but he isn't the best LB to ever play MLB for th Patriots. Here is a NFL HOF Patriot's number that is NOT retired, and if you believe in equity, #85 should be retired too. It was the number worn by a player who played more years for the Pats than anyone else, and was a Star who was traded in his declining years to a contender. There he helped stabilize a bunch of youngsters and created a Defense that become known as " the Killer Bs" that was named after him. He guided that Defense to the only undefeated record, in NFL history.

I refer of course to All American, Notre Damer and Patriots MLB, Nick Buoniconti.

He was the greatest MLB to ever play the MLB position for the Patriots. He definitely earned his HOF status.

Thing is with Buonicoti is that the Dolphins pretty much lay claim to him - Any one remember his HOF speech?? I don't - I'm trying to remember if he went in as a Patriot or Dolphin - or neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes