PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it 2003 all over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know this year is starting to feel like 2003 in that the Pats failed to reach the playoffs the year before (ironically, losing the tiebreaker for first place in the division), had a very strong draft (at least it should be with all the high draft picks), huge turnovers in the secondary through free agency (like 2003 there looks to be 3 new starters in the secondary if Chung can overtake Sanders), a big free agent pick up in camp for the biggest missing piece in the defense (2003 it was Ted Washington and this year it is Derrick Burgess).

Now all we can hope for is the same or better results.

Then who's our new Rodney? (Free agent acquisition).

I hope it is like 2003 and of course that includes the same ending!

Then who's our new Rodney? (Free agent acquisition).

I hope it is like 2003 and of course that includes the same ending!

Fred Taylor, Joey Galloway, Baker, Springs, Bodden, etc.

The Pats had what is considered one of the best free agencies in 2009, they got a 2nd round pick for Cassel that they used it to draft Chung (who some say could turn out comparable to Rodney), and then they acquire Burgess to fill their last glaring hole at OLB. Oh, and Brady's BACK! It's GOOD to be a Pats fan right now.

This is the 19-0 season in a capped year, baby.

BB goes all the way this time. No holding back. Everything is in place. It's about execution, baby. Upper management is tired of not having a SB ring in 5 years. We drafted 12 players and did a lot of transactions in the past few months. Easy does it!!!!!!!

Patriots is SERIOUS about SB ring. It's the statement. Vengenge is good when it's still COLD.

Last edited:
I don't know this year is starting to feel like 2003 in that the Pats failed to reach the playoffs the year before (ironically, losing the tiebreaker for first place in the division), had a very strong draft (at least it should be with all the high draft picks), huge turnovers in the secondary through free agency (like 2003 there looks to be 3 new starters in the secondary if Chung can overtake Sanders), a big free agent pick up in camp for the biggest missing piece in the defense (2003 it was Ted Washington and this year it is Derrick Burgess).

Now all we can hope for is the same or better results.

... and first regular season game was against the Bill's. Probably not a good thing to mention..

... and first regular season game was against the Bill's. Probably not a good thing to mention..
Only if we cut Richard Seymour a week before the season starts.

Fred Taylor, Joey Galloway, Baker, Springs, Bodden, etc.

The Pats had what is considered one of the best free agencies in 2009, they got a 2nd round pick for Cassel that they used it to draft Chung (who some say could turn out comparable to Rodney), and then they acquire Burgess to fill their last glaring hole at OLB. Oh, and Brady's BACK! It's GOOD to be a Pats fan right now.

Nice...multiple Rodneys (even if they don't have as large an impact individually, combined the improvement should be considerable). I like it.

Chung is our next Rodney in position. I'll be happy if he has a solid year and can build on it over the next few after that.

I think the pats are in "early Metallica mode" = Seek and Destroy!!!

This is the 19-0 season in a capped year, baby.

BB goes all the way this time. No holding back. Everything is in place. It's about execution, baby. Upper management is tired of not having a SB ring in 5 years. We drafted 12 players and did a lot of transactions in the past few months. Easy does it!!!!!!!

Patriots is SERIOUS about SB ring. It's the statement. Vengenge is good when it's still COLD.

I sure find it hard to disagree with what you've said. Health and execution is what's necessary at this point.

2003 was improving a seriously flawed team. This offseason is improving a team that was already SB favorites. You do the math ;)

id take the 03 season again :D

There's something about this roster for the upcoming season that gives me a chill in my spine thinking about what might happen...:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes