PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Indy The Patriots' Biggest Threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Colts at #3 Seed the Preference

We prob ll lose again the Ravens again. We win it by miracle and lose our only game in Foxboro in PO against them. Lets pray for a Jets win or we are out

We prob ll lose again the Ravens again. We win it by miracle and lose our only game in Foxboro in PO against them. Lets pray for a Jets win or we are out

Is there anybody in the playoffs the Pats can beat?

well, assuming the colts beat the jets next week, let's hope KC can knock off baltimore at home. Then we get KC in the divisional round while pitt and indy beat each other up.

in other bad news, GB gets in the playoffs. :( If they get hot and go on a run like the giants did in 2007 then it could be trouble later on....i am sure they will look at hour regular season game against them and build confidence off of that especially since rodgers didn't play.

I would be most worried about

1. stealers
2. colts
3. ravens
4. jets
5. kc

stealers are tough, very good vertical game.

I'm glad the Colts are the #3 seed. I'm tired of seeing them play each other.

At least the only time they'd meet would be in the championship game (which I think will happen).

I see the Steelers losing to the Colts in round 2.

Last edited:

Jets and Chiefs and Jags if they would make it.

Where is this doubt coming from? what have you seen these last 8 weeks make you down on this team?

I'll buy the anything can happen argument but to say that the Pats need to be lucky in order to beat Pitt, Indy and Bal is ridiculous.

Last edited:

I'll take a giant glass of the BB Kool-Aid when I type the next sentence. It was a different Pats team that faced Baltimore earlier this season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the first game without Moss?

NE could play the Colts in the Divisional as well, if the Colts beat the Ravens, and the Chiefs knock off the Jets.

I was basing my scenarios off the assumption Indy would win. It was shockingly close but Indy pulled it out (barely beat Tenn with the Division on the line????). Indy is now the #3 seed and cannot play the Patriots until the AFC Championship. KC, Jets or Balt can be our opponent. My own personal guess is Baltimore will very likely be our opponent. And after further consideration I'll take KC as out first opponent.

Teams playing their best (or better) ball going into the playoffs tend to be the ones I worry about most. Playing their best ball (or almost their best) going into the playoffs:
-NE (playing better than anyone else and significantly so)
-Pitt (loss to the Jets at home???? For whatever reason we own Pitt)
-Balt (not spectacular play but solid - probably playing their best)

List of those not playing their best:
- KC (IMHO not a playoff worthy team. Weak schedule helped them a lot. NE can't beat these guys -- SP/RC/CW or not -- then we didn't deserve it)
- Jets (if Sanchez plays well they could present a challenge to others....but their lack of pass rush makes them a very good match up for NE)
- Indy (Manning playing better but their defense is definitely not playing its best. Indy has semi recent history and ability to match our score).

I'm only concerned with Indy because that's the only team I can see matching us score for score, and a team that is never dead. They seem to always come back.

My dream situation:

NYJ over Indy
Bal over KC

We play the Jets, knock those clowns out. Baltimore and Pittsburgh beat each other up, we get our *****es (PIT) in an AFC championship walk to the Super Bowl.

List of those not playing their best:
- KC (IMHO not a playoff worthy team. Weak schedule helped them a lot. NE can't beat these guys -- SP/RC/CW or not -- then we didn't deserve it)
- Jets (if Sanchez plays well they could present a challenge to others....but their lack of pass rush makes them a very good match up for NE)
- Indy (Manning playing better but their defense is definitely not playing its best. Indy has semi recent history and ability to match our score).

I used to buy into this but not any more. Colts lost 4 of their last 7 at the end of 2006 and still won the SB.

Colts have the same seed that the time they were SB champions

We play the Jets, knock those clowns out. Baltimore and Pittsburgh beat each other up, we get our *****es (PIT) in an AFC championship walk to the Super Bowl.

That is the most desirable scenario no question.

Balt playing their best only beating Cin because Palmer choked???

Last edited:

This assumes INDY wins v. TENN.

Pats would: (1) Avoid Indy until AFC Title game (if we win our Divisional round game); (2) We don't mind if Jets upset Indy, thus NYJ would be our next opponent; (3) Baltimore and KC both looked shaky today, therefore there is a possibility Ravens could lose at KC next week- whereby we avoid a dangerous Ravens team as our first playoff opponent for the second year in row.

O.K. Tell me why we are afraid of the Ravins? Surely not because of last year? Does this Patriots team resemble that team in any way but the uniforms?

Colts have the same seed that the time they were SB champions

OK by your logic in 2003 and 2004, the Pats were 14-2 and won the SB.

Balt playing their best only beating Cin because Palmer choked???

I hear ya. Balt has not impressed me (nor have I thought they were not good). They barely took out Houston a few weeks back too. But they have won 7 out of their last 8....so I gave them a pass for several weak performances.

The Pats are playing well enough to beat anyone, assuming they continue to play as well as they have. If they fall off, they might lose, and would deserve to.

So I have to look at this in terms of which teams do I want to rain misery on:

1. Jets
2. Ravens
3. Colts
4. Steelers
5. Chiefs

I will root for them in reverse order, simply out of spite.

Well the Pats and Colts obviously won't be playing each other outside of the title game now which is fitting historically, but the whole scenario is still weird with the Ravens as the fifth seed. They finished with the same record as the Steelers, beat them once, and then only lost by three points. That doesn't really scream "fifth team in the conference" to me. Would like to see the Pats knock them off in the AFC title game if they were able to beat the Steelers again but the Chiefs presence in the playoffs means it is probably a divisional game to me which is weird given the quality of both teams.

Guys on the radio were whining during the post-game,
"Oh I am afraid of... yadda yadda"...
One caller, as filled with the acid cool-aid as me says...
"Not afraid of anyone, this team can roll to the SB..."
Radio wimp says that is "unrealistic".
So I yelled STFU at the radio as I muted it.
Made me feel better.
Realistic this, beotch.

This team has grown some brass ones this year, what a great ride.
Honestly and soberly, I don't care who they play, it is within their reach.
They go out do their job, it is within their grasp.

Such a turn from watching the D early in the season and just holding my breath.. praying... Please, someone tackle that guy?
Heh.
Great season!
:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes