PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Houston better than NE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady's going to need to take JJ Watt's swatting ability out of the picture. Watching JPP bat down a ton of Brady's passes in the SB last year was hard to watch.

I anticipate that we will have an extra lineman in there to double up on Watts, and more important to continually keep him off-balance so he can't set his feet and jump for the bat-down.

We will all know in 2 weeks when they play each other in Foxborough. Winner of that game would determine the homefield advantage in the AFC. As of now, let's just say that both of these teams are the only Super Bowl worthy contenders in the AFC, Baltimore is defensively banged up and has an inconsistent offense, Denver is now one-dimensional without McGahee in the run game and it takes a bad game from Peyton for them to go home, Pittsburgh is also struggling with injuries. Houston is 10-1, so gotta respect the 10-1, but New England is heating up late, but as said, in 2 weeks, we'll see what team is the team to beat in the AFC playoffs.

I don't get caught up with whose better than it can change from week to week. I look at how pats are doin and right on time second half of season they are getting it together on all 3 phases. I always like our chances and it only keeps improving from here.

I was really rooting for Jacksonville last Sunday and Detroit yesterday to beat Houston. As it stand right now the Pats could win the rest of their games, including the one against Houston, and the Texans could still finish with the best record in the AFC and the number one seed. While the Pats have shown that they should be able to play well there, typically warm weather/dome teams tend to not play as well outdoors in the northern elements in January.

Houston's remaining schedule:

at Titans
at Patriots
vs Colts
vs Vikings
at Colts

I was really rooting for Jacksonville last Sunday and Detroit yesterday to beat Houston.

Same here, I think I'm going to stop watching Bmore/Houston games now though before I hurt someone :mad:

As to the original question, my response has already been taken: We will find out in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
You know, assuming Houston will get #1 seed when playoffs come....

I like the Pats to lose to the Texans this upcoming game, then beat them in their home in the playoffs. Like fooling them that we not as good as they are now, but then beat them in a game that matter most. I think it would be a strategic move for BB whether he wants to win this game or just play a lousy game. Because if the Pats put everything on the line and win this game and then lose to them in the AFCCG, then winning this regular season game doesn't mean anything.

I thought so but the last couple of weeks has me optimistic. Their defense has been torched but its going to take a lot for our defense to stop their offense. Our regular season game will prove nothing to me since we won't have Gronk.

Last edited:
Texans will be tough out. Need to get in their heads right off the bat on dec 10th. Then take it to me in playoffs, in Houston.

I was really rooting for Jacksonville last Sunday and Detroit yesterday to beat Houston. As it stand right now the Pats could win the rest of their games, including the one against Houston, and the Texans could still finish with the best record in the AFC and the number one seed. While the Pats have shown that they should be able to play well there, typically warm weather/dome teams tend to not play as well outdoors in the northern elements in January.

Houston's remaining schedule:

at Titans
at Patriots
vs Colts
vs Vikings
at Colts

I think they will be 1 of 2 against the Colts.

You know, assuming Houston will get #1 seed when playoffs come....

I like the Pats to lose to the Texans this upcoming game, then beat them in their home in the playoffs. Like fooling them that we not as good as they are now, but then beat them in a game that matter most. I think it would be a strategic move for BB whether he wants to win this game or just play a lousy game. Because if the Pats put everything on the line and win this game and then lose to them in the AFCCG, then winning this regular season game doesn't mean anything.

I seriously doubt that. The Pats will still have 3 remaining games, one with San Fran. P O seeding will surely not be complete in the AFC by then.

We'll see come playoff time. Will we be ready to go to the SB by beating DEN, HOU and SAN FRAN (or GB)? That is real question to me.

They probably won't have to, but even so I think they can!

These texans remind me of the 2006 14-2 chargers
good qb
great pass rushing mvp caliber player
great wide receiver
great running backs
top 10 defense and offense

They look exactly the same

Oh, ok. Thought you were making a comparison to the ineptness of the Chargers. Yea, see your point.

The Texans passing plays seem so slow to develop. Alot of PA bootlegs. I want spikes to jump the middle like he always does and sack Schaub before he even turns around.

I think the Pats are indeed better than the Texans in several different ways. The Texans really remind me of one those Colts teams that had one of the top 2 seeds only to get knocked out in the divisional round. We'll know in a couple of weeks who will get the top 2 seeds in AFC playoffs. The bye week can be a blessing to some & a curse to others. Houston shouldn't want a bye with the way they've been playing.

I think the Pats are indeed better than the Texans in several different ways. The Texans really remind me of one those Colts teams that had one of the top 2 seeds only to get knocked out in the divisional round. We'll know in a couple of weeks who will get the top 2 seeds in AFC playoffs. The bye week can be a blessing to some & a curse to others. Houston shouldn't want a bye with the way they've been playing.

I don't understand this, they shouldn't want a bye? So that means they would want to go 3-2 in their last five? With the way they've been playing winning 5 in a row?

It's being reported that Brooks Reed will miss 3-4 weeks. That considerably weakens the Texans run defense.

Provided the D can force a turnover or two, I believe the Patriots will beat the Texans at home.

It's being reported that Brooks Reed will miss 3-4 weeks. That considerably weakens the Texans run defense.

Provided the D can force a turnover or two, I believe the Patriots will beat the Texans at home.

will have more trouble with 49ers than houston IMO

will have more trouble with 49ers than houston IMO

I agree. I think we should be able to beat the Texans, but the 49ers might be tough on a short week without Gronk. In any case I don't believe the pats will get the number 1 seed. im pretty happy with a number 3 seed and 12-4 record.

A8bRcq4CcAAwcNL.jpg

https://twitter.com/MilanLucic4/status/272135117974171648

Lucic must be big because Gronk doesn't look as giant like stood next to him!

I'm not sure what it has to do with the Texans though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back