PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Herald Doing Deja Vu ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrellbee

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Herald articles on the web site are so strange it has me wondering if I'm losing my senses. ?? ??

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=149237&format=text

I'm pasting the article just in case it disappears from the web site.

Camphed
By Herald sports staff
Friday, July 21, 2006

PHILADELPHIA (13-3)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Bethlehem, Pa.
CAMP KEY: Avoid distraction of All-Pro WR Terrell Owens’ potential holdout. Figure out who’ll take Owens’ place should he not return.

ATLANTA (11-5)
OPEN CAMP: July 25, Flowery Branch, Ga.
CAMP KEY: WRs Roddy White and second-year man Michael Jenkins in a fight to supplant starters Dez White and Peerless Price, who could be cut.

MINNESOTA (8-8)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Mankato, Minn.
CAMP KEYS: Must find an offensive identity without WR Randy Moss drawing double and triple coverage; must settle on kicker with Paul Edinger competing for job with Aaron Elling.

ST. LOUIS (8-8)
OPEN CAMP: July 28, St. Louis.
CAMP KEYS: Develop replacement at safety for Aeneas Williams; put RB Steven Jackson in position to start ahead of Marshall Faulk.
GREEN BAY (10-6)
OPEN CAMP: June 29, Green Bay.
CAMP KEYS: New coordinator Jim Bates takes over defense with plenty of holes; the reconstruction of what has been excellent OL.

SEATTLE (9-7)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Cheney, Wash.
CAMP KEYS: Get Shaun Alexander signed; groom QB Seneca Wallace to take over for departed Trent Dilfer as back up to Matt Hasselbeck.

NEW ORLEANS (8-8)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Metairie, La.
CAMP KEYS: Establish OT Jammal Brown as a starter to open holes for RB Deuce McAllister and protect QB Aaron Brooks; identify third WR behind Joe Horn and Donte Stallworth.
CAROLINA (7-9)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Spartanburg, S.C.
CAMP KEYS: Get RB Stephen Davis healthy; groom backup for QB Jake Delhomme in either Chris Weinke or rookie Stefan LeFors.

DETROIT (6-10)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Allen Park, Mich.
CAMP KEYS: WR Charles Rogers and LB Boss Bailey must prove they’re healthy. QB Joey Harrington in battle to show he deserves to start ahead of Jeff Garcia.

ARIZONA (6-10)
OPEN CAMP: July 31, Flagstaff, Ariz.
CAMP KEY: New QB Kurt Warner must find comfort level with WRs Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald.

NEW YORK GIANTS (6-10)
OPEN CAMP: July 28, Albany, N.Y.
CAMP KEY: Get QB Eli Manning familiar with newcomer Plaxico Burress and other receivers.
DALLAS (6-10)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Oxnard, Calif.
CAMP KEYS: Bill Parcells’ implementation of 3-4 defense with the wide bodies he’s brought in; work QB Drew Bledsoe needs into the offense.

WASHINGTON (6-10)
OPEN CAMP: July 31, Ashburn, Va.
CAMP KEYS: Finding replacement for LB Antonio Pierce as brain of defense; development of QB Patrick Ramsey.

TAMPA BAY (5-11)
OPEN CAMP: July 28, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
CAMP KEY: Strengthen offensive line with new additions.
CHICAGO (5-11)
OPEN CAMP: July 24, Bourbonnais, Ill.
CAMP KEY: With third offensive coordinator in as many seasons, find a way to score while keeping QB Rex Grossman healthy.
SAN FRANCISCO (2-14)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Santa Clara, Calif.
CAMP KEY: New coach Mike Nolan must install new offensive and defensive systems.

Last edited:
And then there is the AFC.

Looks like there is a new challenge for the Patriots coming off of a 14-2 season to see if they can do without Weis and Crennell ?? ?? ??

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=149238&format=text

afched
By Herald sports staff
Friday, July 21, 2006

PATRIOTS (14-2)
OPEN CAMP: July 28, Foxboro
CAMP KEYS: Revamp defensive backfield and linebacking; learn to cope without offensive coordinator Charlie Weis and defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel.

PITTSBURGH (15-1)
OPEN CAMP: July 31, Latrobe, Pa.
CAMP KEYS: Get QB Ben Roethlisberger comfortable quickly with WR Cedrick Wilson, replacing Plaxico Burress; work offensive line back in gear.

INDIANAPOLIS (12-4)
OPEN CAMP: July 27, Terre Haute, Ind.
CAMP KEYS: Keep RB Edgerrin James from holding out for multiyear deal; develop rookie CB Marlin Jackson into the kind of stopper defense needs.

NEW YORK JETS (10-6)
OPEN CAMP: July 28, Hempstead, N.Y.
CAMP KEYS: QWB Chad Pennington’s recovery from offseason surgery and his assimilation into offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger’s system.

SAN DIEGO (12-4)
OPEN CAMP: July 28, San Diego.
CAMP KEY: Hope that LB Shawne Merriman, first-round draft pick who didn’t attend offseason workouts, shows up and starts learning 3-4 defense.

DENVER (9-7)
OPEN CAMP: July 28, Denver.
CAMP KEYS: See if 42-year-old Jerry Rice can play as third receiver; mold a starting running back from among Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson and Quentin Griffin.

JACKSONVILLE (9-7)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Jacksonville.
CAMP KEYS: Find offensive identity under new coordinator Carl Smith; get RB Fred Taylor healthy; figure out unsettled CB situation.

BUFFALO (9-7)
OPEN CAMP: July 30, Pittsford, N.Y.
CAMP KEYS: Facilitate QB J.P. Losman’s ascension to starter; quicky develop revamped offensive line into a cohesive unit.

BALTIMORE (9-7)
OPEN CAMP: Aug. 1, Westminster, Md.
CAMP KEYS: Adapting to new offensive coordinator Jim Fassel and new defensive coordinator Rex Ryan; improving play of QB Kyle Boller.

CINCINNATI (8-8)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Georgetown, Ky.
CAMP KEYS: Marvin Lewis is changing routine to have team fresh, hoping to avoid another slow start with four of first six games are on road.

KANSAS CITY (7-9)
OPEN CAMP: July 28, River Falls, Wis.
CAMP KEYS: Improve one of league’s sorriest defenses with bevy of promising newcomers while squeezing one more good year out of aging high-scoring offense.

HOUSTON (7-9)
OPEN CAMP: July 30, Houston.
CAMP KEYS: Revamp defense to generate some sort of legitimate pass rush; work to improve offensive line’s protection of franchise QB David Carr.

OAKLAND (5-11)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Napa, Calif.
CAMP KEY: Work WR Randy Moss into the offense; improve woeful defense; keep CB Charles Woodson, team’s franchise player, from losing interest.

TENNESSEE (5-11)
OPEN CAMP: July 29, Nashville.
CAMP KEYS: Settle on seven new starters plus a new kicker; pick up some cheap veteran help off waiver wire at WR, DE and DB.

CLEVELAND (4-12)
CAMP KEYS: Devloping outside pass rusher in new coach Romeo Crennel’s 3-4 defense; choose starter amoig RBs Reuben Droughns, Lee Suggs and William Green.
will battle for starting job, with one of the losers likely to be traded.

MIAMI (4-12)
OPEN CAMP: July 25, Davie, Fla.
CAMP KEYS: New coach Nick Saban must shore up offense that averaged just 17.2 points and 275 yards per game; give tiring defense an infusion of youth.

Last edited:
Oops! That's taking recycling a step too far ...

Apparently, all of their football reporters are too busy trying to find out whether or not BB was "the other man."

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't get much lower than this. Somebody will be fired before the day is out.

Whoopsy-daisy! :rolleyes:

If it doesn't appear in the print edition, maybe the year was set wrong for that entry in their db/publishing system? Dates are a slippery thing on the web...I briefly lost an article myself last week by accidentally publishing it two years into the past.

On the upside, I'm now looking forward to a great year from Willie and David Givens! ;)

p8ryts said:
Can't get much lower than this. Somebody will be fired before the day is out.

Nah - these snafu's take place all the time - as someone who works in Pubic Relations I can tell you all sorts of stories of embarrassing typos - it happens.

patchick said:
I briefly lost an article myself last week by accidentally publishing it two years into the past.
When will humans learn that there are consequences to playing with time travel?

Sonce we are revisiting the past, I just cant decide who should be our QB guys. Bledsoe took us the SB, what has that brady ever done?

and just like that poof...

patchick said:
Dates are a slippery thing on the web...I briefly lost an article myself last week by accidentally publishing it two years into the past.
Next week please email me the winning Mass State Lottery numbers, but email them a week into the past. I will ... whoops, the email just came. Thanks a bunch.

spacecrime said:
Next week please email me the winning Mass State Lottery numbers, but email them a week into the past. I will ... whoops, the email just came. Thanks a bunch.

Think nothing of it. In fact, I'm overscheduled for next week so I'm hoping that I'll write a column in 2008 to fill my quota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down