Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Granny Pelosi going to hurt The Prince ?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Jul 25, 2008.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +425 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Most Americans (most = more the 50%) are now in favor of drilling our natural resources. Granny won't even allow a vote on the floor because she knows it will pass. I have a strong feeling this will result in a huge wave of support for McCain over The Prince especially if McCain lays it out for the voters. The polls are getting very close and I think this is one of the main reasons.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +537 / 2 / -9

If Billy Bastard Blue Dress didn't veto a drilling bill back in the nineties the oil would be flowing today.

Why do dingobats Hate Oil?
  3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +757 / 1 / -4

#75 Jersey

More than 50%? Huh.

How does that compare with the percentage of Americans who think going into Iraq was a neato idea?

Obviously, it hurts Obama far less than the overwhelming majority who feel Iraq was a trillion dollar mistake - - keep defending that vote of yours, Grampy! They love you in "Czechoslovakia"!

Anyhoo, poll numbers in July are about as telling as a solo homer run in the second inning. Wake me up after Labor Day regarding polls.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +425 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well, first, Iraq is irrelevant to this discussion because it's already been factored into the polls for several years. It's a known factor whereas the extreme gas prices and response to them is relatively new.

However, since you asked :

The latest polls I see have

60% saying we should have stayed out of Iraq
    http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

60% saying we should drill in Anwar, 74% saying we should drill offshore; notably, 75% of Independents say we should drill offshore.
    http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1519

Piss and moan about Iraq all you want, I'm talking about drilling and Granny is putting The Prince at risk over this.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 5 / -2

What pisses me off is that they won't even allow a vote over it. WTF is that?
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +425 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

That was my main point. Most analysts I've heard say it would pass but Granny won't allow a vote. With large majorities supporting drilling, Granny is (legally) preventing the democratic process by not allowing a vote that both the Congress and the American People want. I know what she's doing is allowed by our laws but McCain HAS TO push this very strongly as it's a winning argument for him and this, alone, could win him the election.
  7. shmessy

Ratings:
    +757 / 1 / -4

#75 Jersey

Wow. Too bad. You mean Washington isn't bending to the polls regarding Energy policy? Wow, that hasn't happened the past 8 years!

BTW, the short-term minded public is about to be pacified like numb zombies again as oil per barrel has already fallen into the 120's again and many analysts see it going below 100 this fall.

Sorry, but you just lost your "big opportunity". It's wrong and not helpful, but Joe Idiot will go back to his slumber on energy within 8 weeks.

Unfortunately, the mortgage crisis, banking crisis and unemployment situations will still be going full strength come November and Grampy McCain will still be having flashbacks about "Czechoslovakia".
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +537 / 2 / -9

Registered Democrats Should Not Be Allowed To Purchase Gas Or Oil If They Are Caught Using Gas or Oil They Should Be Sent To a Democrats Only Prison Where They Heat Their Buidings With Wood Stoves.

"mommy"
    "yes dear"
    "why is that man wearing three overcoats and carrying all that wood"
    "he's a democrat dear"
    "f-ck him, right mom"
    "thats right dear"
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +432 / 5 / -2

Oh, so analysts predict it to go below $100 now, so we shouldn't prepare for the future. That's some terrific logic there. Meanwhile we're still at the mercy of foreignors, and still spending hundreds of billions of oil dollars overseas, with no end in sight. Hmm....so had we drilled for our own 10 years ago, we'd have had it now when oil is crippling us, but we didn't. Now that oil is crippling us, we should drill for our own because some analysts say it might go under $100. What about the people that say oil could hit $200, and even $300 a barrel in the immediate future? More leadership on the part of american politicians I see.

BTW, is the Czechloslovakia (sp?) thing on the same level as 57 states? I hope we don't have to suffer through 3-4 months of one side typing Heinz 57, while the other types that name that I can't spell. I'd rather people post pictures of Czech chics instead. Either that or make me a hamburger.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +425 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm not arguing about what should be done - I'm making the point that the public wants drilling. McCain wants drilling (mostly, though not in Anwar). Obama doesn't want drilling. Granny is stopping a vote on drilling. This is a fantastic opportunity for McCain to get a huge edge on a significant issue - because "the polls" are important in an election year.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +425 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

shhmessy is the worst kind of political poster because he pretends to be non partisan but is as partisan as anyone here. It's find to be partisan but admit it. Anyone who picks at little mistakes by McCain and ignores those by Obama, or vice versa, is clearly partisan.
  12. shmessy

Ratings:
    +757 / 1 / -4

#75 Jersey

Evidently, you failed to read this part in my post.

"It's wrong and not helpful, but Joe Idiot will go back to his slumber on energy within 8 weeks."
  13. shmessy

Ratings:
    +757 / 1 / -4

#75 Jersey

Ah, there you are missing something. I am anti-Bush administration. That doesn't mean anti-republican in general, no. I supported Mitt Romney on many issues and thought, out of all the candidates in either party that he was the most qualified to be President.

I lean D about 75-80% of the time. It's not a knee-jerk thing. I think very littel of George W. Bush, but admire greatly George H.W. Bush (during his and the Reagan Administration I worked in the Government and was proud of my Presidents).

Are you now finished attacking the messenger instead of the message, or is it more fun just to bash the person instead of his/her points?
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +425 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

If you want to talk substance and quit sniping at silly mistakes that McCain makes, while ignoring those of Obama, then fine. As it stands you are not playing the non partisan card very well.

I still claim my thread objective to be correct that regardless of whether we should drill (I say we should), Granny is hurting Obama with this.
  15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +432 / 5 / -2

That about sums it up I think.