PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Galloway struggling to understand the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tough to believe that a rookie who has never actually practiced with the team will pick up an offense that a veteran has struggled with after five months. I love - love - the Tate pick, but want them to take their time bringing him back.

BTW - the answer to the thread question is... yes. :D ;)

Galloway has been a healthy scratch two weeks in a row. My comments aren't about Tate, but about Galloway. If Tate can been an outside burner and a bit more, they will need to cut someone to make room. Since I think the only reason they haven't cut Galloway already is because he has a guaranteed salary and will cost more to cut him than keep him and they can use him for insurance.

If the Pats haven't all but written off Galloway, they would be making him active. Galloway isn't going to work through his problems in street clothes. He isn't going to get better learning the playbook by playing on the scout team. The Galloway era barring injuries is pretty much over.

Tate has a 2 week window before either going back to IR or making the roster, right?

Four weeks.

Three weeks, actually. :)

After the start of Week 7, the Pats have a three-week window to activate him off PUP. If they don't, he goes on IR (or an equivalent).

After they activate him, they have another three-week window, from the day they take him off PUP to promote him to the 53-man roster. If they don't, he goes on IR (or an equivalent).

I did see him turtle once or twice on some throws, so it's not as if your OP has no merit whatsoever. But I'm guessing (maybe even hoping) it had to do with comfort level.

Part of going into traffic for a catch is knowing that your QB is going to put the ball in a good spot for you, and not just lay you out so you're vulnerable. And as big a fan of Brady as I am, he was definitely off the first few games. Not blaming anyone in particular here, but Brady and Galloway haven't been able to get on the same page at any point this season.

And though the report says he can make catches in traffic, it doesn't necessarily mean he should. I mean the guy's 37 years-old. Maybe he'd be more effective stretching the field. I don't know, and at this point, we may not see him again.

Hmmmmm. You make some darned good points. Brady has been wild high quite a bit. If that was my head out there, I'd be a little concerned.

It's got to be a discipline problem at this point, though. Can't see what it accomplishes having him not even with the team.

At this point, I think if Brandon Tate is ready to go a week from Monday, Galloway may not make it to a week from Tuesday. Granted it is a long shot since it will probably take Tate a few weeks to get up to speed with the offense and playing. I could see Galloway cut by week 10 or 11 though.

Granted, I haven't watched him much, but could someone explain to me how a guy with 46 career (college) catches is a shoe in to start?

Last edited:
Granted, I haven't watched him much, but could someone explain to me how a guy with 46 career (college) catches is a shoe in to start?

Who said start? At this point, replacing Galloway means making the 53 man roster and being inactive in games. Galloway isn't starting today. He isn't even in Denver right now.

I agree. Brandon Tate's reputation is as a return man. If he comes off

NFI, he will be used to return kicks.

It must be the system, think of all the QB's Galloway had in Tampa during his time there.

Well, Galloway isn't gonna gain any confidence watching the games while at home that's for sure and I think the 1 game inactive would be enough to get his attention and I'm not buying the "he and Brady are out of synch bit" either. Heck, Manning doesn't have troubles getting into synch with Garcon and Collie and thery are rookies.

I think the Pats finally realize they blew it by not getting the right kind of receiver for the job.

i agree it's not brady and galloway not being on the same page it's galloway not wanting to catch the ball over the middle

and evey one say's let him run a post and catch the deep ball will i dont think that would work yes he is fast but every one in the NFL is fast he is not going to just fly by every 23 year old corner for a 60 yerd TD at 37 year's old

i put this one on galloway and the pats

1 galloway need's to understand its the NFL your going to get hit if you catch the ball or not

2 on the pats for not haveing a better option then a 37 year old WR

i agree it's not brady and galloway not being on the same page it's galloway not wanting to catch the ball over the middle

and evey one say's let him run a post and catch the deep ball will i dont think that would work yes he is fast but every one in the NFL is fast he is not going to just fly by every 23 year old corner for a 60 yerd TD at 37 year's old

i put this one on galloway and the pats

1 galloway need's to understand its the NFL your going to get hit if you catch the ball or not

2 on the pats for not haveing a better option then a 37 year old WR
The Patriots made the decision for better or worse (in this case for

worse) when they opted not to give Gaffney a multi-year contract

with a modest signing bonus. They struck out on both of Gaffney's

possible replacements.

Funny, not going over the middle was a knock on Moss back in the day. Now, he regularly goes over the middle and exposing himself blocking. Funny what wanting to win will make you do.

We don't need a vet that is not willing to do what it takes to win. Put Aiken, or better yet Nunn in and give them a whirl. Aiken was rough last week, but at least he has wasn't expected to be much.

Galloway has been a healthy scratch two weeks in a row. My comments aren't about Tate, but about Galloway. If Tate can been an outside burner and a bit more, they will need to cut someone to make room. Since I think the only reason they haven't cut Galloway already is because he has a guaranteed salary and will cost more to cut him than keep him and they can use him for insurance.

If the Pats haven't all but written off Galloway, they would be making him active. Galloway isn't going to work through his problems in street clothes. He isn't going to get better learning the playbook by playing on the scout team. The Galloway era barring injuries is pretty much over.

My comment isn't about Galloway, but about Tate. I agree with your comments about Galloway - making him inactive two weeks in a row speaks volumes. I'm only concerned about expectations of bringing in a rookie recovering from a major knee injury.

I'd rather they bring him along slowly. Maybe they can do that by using him as a KR and 5th receiver. Great. I just want to cut the kid some slack if he goes the wrong way on a pattern and has Brady yelling at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes