PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Galloway really a lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often does BB play the vetrans in pre-season?

Rarely, is the answer. He knows for them it's about staying fit for the season, not giving everything in a meaningless game.

I'll be massively massively shocked if Galloway is cut.

even when they're going with 2 WR's?

ok

We're talking about who slots in as the wing receiver opposite Moss, not 'which 2 receivers play in 2 receiver sets'. Unless you think the Pats are just going to exclusively run 2 WR sets this year...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's cut today.

What if Branch gets cut?

Just sayin.

I'd luv it.......but,Meion is scheduled to get 5M in the last year of his contract and how likely is it he'll return to the pats with his tail dragging between his legs?

To believe Galloway is a lock, you probably need to think either:

1) He's outperformed Lewis.

2) A. The Pats really don't want to go less than 3 deep at "speed receiver", B. with none of Welker, Edelman, Aiken, Ventrone, Nunn -- or for that matter Watson -- qualifying for that role.

1) doesn't really seem to be the case. 2A), however, makes more sense.

So is 2B) a fair assessment? And how strongly is BB likely to feel about 2A)?

I don't think its right to say 1 is a necessary.
How players perform in pre-season games is just part of the equation of who is a better keep on the roster.
Your implication is that all the players start equal and go out into preseason games to compete against each other for jobs.
I disagree with that idea.
How players perform in the exhibition games are just a part of the data. A guy like Galloway is a known commodity to some degree for what he has done over a career. If he is slow in adapting to our system and it shows in preseason games, it may be exactly what was expected.
A more talented player will make the team over one who had some good preseason game moments, and practice probably means more to veteran assessment than the practice games.

I'd luv it.......but,Meion is scheduled to get 5M in the last year of his contract and how likely is it he'll return to the pats with his tail dragging between his legs?

He's now 30, and has missed half of the past two seasons. If he wants to play for cheap, bring him in. Otherwise, no dice. They don't need him any more.

IMHO i think aiken can deffinetly play opposite of moss...hes big strong and fast and can run after the catch i also think he would be an upgrade over gaffney if he was still here and he played at well at the end of the year last year

I don't think its right to say 1 is a necessary.
How players perform in pre-season games is just part of the equation of who is a better keep on the roster.
Your implication is that all the players start equal and go out into preseason games to compete against each other for jobs.
I disagree with that idea.
How players perform in the exhibition games are just a part of the data. A guy like Galloway is a known commodity to some degree for what he has done over a career. If he is slow in adapting to our system and it shows in preseason games, it may be exactly what was expected.
A more talented player will make the team over one who had some good preseason game moments, and practice probably means more to veteran assessment than the practice games.
I think one can make the team despite not showing an ability to grasp the playbook. But I don't think one can be a veteran lock if one can't learn the plays ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back