PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Fred Jackson a free agent this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Thought this guy was looking impressive and I see Bills fans hoping he doesn't stand out too much today...

Might make an interesting and affordable addition to camp competition next year if Maroney is done. That said, here's to one last hope Laurence is issue-free in 3x3.

My understanding is that he's a restricted free agent. There was a thread on Bills Zone about him a few days ago, here are some of the Bills fans comments.

- They need to offer him a multi-year deal and not just tender him. There is no need to fool around here and not give Jackson what he clearly deserves. Some other team may come in who doesnt need draft picks and swoop him up.

- Our luck is that the pats will pick him up if we screw this up and he replaces Faulk but better. He and Lynch are a perfect combination. From the outside I dont see jealousy, just competition.

Its nice to have faith that if your 1st back goes down that the back up is just as good. Just look at the Giants. They have three that can sustain a running game.

- if we dont get him locked up quick, we will get "poison pilled" by some one and will not be able to sign him

He's been with the Bills for 2 years, plus a year on the practice squad. Does that make him a restricted free agent or an exclusive rights free agent?

Jackson is a third down/change of pace back. I don't think there is a need for him here. He has not stepped up to be a leas back when asked for Buffalo.

Jackson is a third down/change of pace back. I don't think there is a need for him here. He has not stepped up to be a leas back when asked for Buffalo.

You were saying? :D

Thought this guy was looking impressive and I see Bills fans hoping he doesn't stand out too much today...

Might make an interesting and affordable addition to camp competition next year if Maroney is done. That said, here's to one last hope Laurence is issue-free in 3x3.
I take a shot at him. He doesn't look that big,but he runs like Earl Cambell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back