PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is "Drudge" drudging? [Update: New York Times details on 2000-07 tapings]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new. But that the article is supposed to be some sort of news is reflective of how the country still looks at it.

Tonight I heard the LA ESPN guy rail against the coverup and the hypocrisy of the Patriots getting off the hook. Oh the humanity!

And I was at that Tampa game and I want my money back. They should have won.

This is going to be a long offseason.

When do we find our muskets and tri-corner hats and march down to beat the **** out of those New Yorkers?

NY Times also doing a hatchet job today on John McCain. If it was on Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama, the story would never see the light of day.

Re: Is "Drudge" drudging?

Noob just comes here and insults a regular ... and he complained about
the boston.com forum :rolleyes:

Okay, so you think it's cool and funny that he posts in every single thread "another spygate thread" or something similar? You don't think that stopped being funny about 3 days and 50 posts ago?

And as for the "noob" thing: I stopped by and read before, I just never registered. And...I fail to see why post count has anything to do with my opinion that Mrs. Butterworth's constant posting isn't funny anymore.

Or do you need a certain post count to be able to have and express an opinion?

there are two minor details that are new, though no allegations that are new at all:

1. Taping a Giants coach in preseason 2006 is what prompted the memo.

2. Some unnamed former Patriots player confirmed taping in Belichick's first season.

Shouldn't the title of this story be:

"New Claim of Taping Emerges Against Patriots Eventhough It Really Is A Rehash of the Same Claims Already Known, But This Article Will Get More Exposure If We Use A Sensational And Misleading Title"

Didn't we already know that Belichick admitted to taping since his became head coach in 2000. So exactly how new is the claim by a former player who reitterated what we already know?

Okay, so you think it's cool and funny that he posts in every single thread "another spygate thread" or something similar? You don't think that stopped being funny about 3 days and 50 posts ago?

And as for the "noob" thing: I stopped by and read before, I just never registered. And...I fail to see why post count has anything to do with my opinion that Mrs. Butterworth's constant posting isn't funny anymore.

Or do you need a certain post count to be able to have and express an opinion?

maybe that's the point.

maybe spygate after spygate, retread story after retread story is old.

why are we punishing ourselves in our own misery? we do this every day

I think that player could only be 2 people, Terry Glenn, or Ted Johnson.

go to hell, noob. BigglesWorth has a point. There are at least 5 spygate threads started per day, here, and, more often than not, none of them have anything new to contribute to the matter (like this one). We're all sick of it.

maybe that's the point.

maybe spygate after spygate, retread story after retread story is old.

why are we punishing ourselves in our own misery? we do this every day

Okay, look: here's my perspective (whether you care or not, LOL).

I don't have the time, ability or desire to look for information anywhere else. I don't listen to WEEI, haven't been to the Globe site (and certainly not THAT OTHER ICKY TABLOID), don't watch ESPN...well you get the point. I rely on reading things here for most of my Patriots news these days.

Granted, there are many silly and unneeded posts about "that issue". But there's also a fair amount of new information I won't know about unless it's posted here. So I'm willing to skip over all more pointless posts to get some nuggets of news.

I'm not trying to punish myself or anyone else with misery, I just want to keep abreast of the latest developments.

I'm sorry I implied you were stupid. I don't know you, so I shouldn't have done that.

I do however stand by my irritation at your constant "waaah another spygate post" posting, and that's why I started posting back every time you did it. I figured if it was good for you it would be good for me.

go to hell, noob. BigglesWorth has a point. There are at least 5 spygate threads started per day, here, and, more often than not, none of them have anything new to contribute to the matter (like this one). We're all sick of it.

Go **** yourself.

And apparently, not everyone is sick of it, since there are so many posts/threads about it during the day.

Say "I'm sick of it". Don't say "we're sick of it", as the evidence doesn't support that.

I think that player could only be 2 people, Terry Glenn, or Ted Johnson.

Oh, it could be more than that. Eventhough he never played for Belichick, Sam Gash hates everything Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. Ted Washington's leaving wasn't pretty. No one said the former Patriot was actually on the team in 2000.

Guys who were actually on the roster who may or defintely hold a grudge include: Jermaine Wiggins, Chad Eaton, Damien Woody, Willie McGinest, Lawyer Milloy, and Max Lane.

That supposed player was stated to be there for the preseason and at least the preparation against the bucs.
Guess we can look and see who was on the starting roster and scout team back then.

Oh, it could be more than that. Eventhough he never played for Belichick, Sam Gash hates everything Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. Ted Washington's leaving wasn't pretty. No one said the former Patriot was actually on the team in 2000.

Guys who were actually on the roster who may or defintely hold a grudge include: Jermaine Wiggins, Chad Eaton, Damien Woody, Willie McGinest, Lawyer Milloy, and Max Lane.

I think you can count McGinest out. He's said that he doesn't have any hard feelings, and respects the hell out of the organization. Milloy would be my bet.

Last edited:
I think you can count McGinest out. He's said that he doesn't have any hard feelings, and respects the hell out of the organization. Milloy would be my bet.

I concur McGinest was always a good soldier.

Read this load of hogwash:

"“I don’t want the outside perception to be, ‘Boy, there are all these teams and they’re all doing all these things,’ ” said Rich McKay, the Falcons’ president and a member of the competition committee. “Because it’s not true.”"

"I'm so concerned about the outside perception, therefore I'm going to lie."

Sounds a little like Goodell's, "I'm so concerned about the outside perception, therefore I'm going to fine them."

What the heck does an administrator like McKay know about gameplanning and strategy anyway?

Actually, I think McGinest has intimated that he has some bad blood about leaving. He has taken the high road publically and praised Belichick and the Pats. But I got the sense that he was not happy he wasn't given the opportunity to retire a Patriot. Granted I could have read into the situation wrong.

One guy I did forget who seems to have said negative things about the Patriots off the record (at least in terms of his own situation) was Adam Vinatieri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back