PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is David Thomas Being Kept Under Wraps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He's a fellow Longhorn. Do you think he was purposefully held out of the 'Skins game?

QB12

Last edited:
he missed practice...was out..so?? Out of wraps?? He had a nice completion with Cassel for 32 last week against Zona..No//just injured and hopefully NOT too bad.

desi-patsfan said:
Why should he be held out?

He's more of a downfield weapon than some people think he is, IMHO.

Why hold him out? The same reason Maroney was, after the 1st Quarter.

QB12

I thought he missed some practices last week, so he may be nursing an injury.

"David Thomas Being Kept Under Wraps" - Sounds like a Burger King commercial! :D I've got high hopes for Thomas though. He looks like a really good pick.

I thought he had a bruised back.

If the blocking picks up and Wolick can get a couple tenth more per second out of him in the speed category in next year's off season program, he could be a reliable 2nd-3rd TE.

Why Thomas didn't play against the Redskins?

Last edited:
With the amount of research and film review that goes on in the NFL, I don't think any DC is going to be caught by surprise by Thomas

Its really going to be a question of picking their poison as to whether to double team Watson and leave Graham or Thomas open (I'm assuming a minimum 3 TE set given the dearth of WRs) and whether Watson and Thomas are running short or long patterns

Can you just imagine how much havoc we'd cause if we had a consistent deep WR threat?

JoeSixPat said:
Can you just imagine how much havoc we'd cause if we had a consistent deep WR threat?

This is the thought that drives me crazed. I am the first to say that Deion is not an elite reciever, top 20, but not top 10. But right now we do not need a top 10 reciver. We need a guy that can beat single coverage on the outside.

Deion can be taken out of a game with double coverage, but with our tight ends and running backs, who would dare to try to take him out of the game? He could have the best season of his career, if he would just get with the program.

Get Jackson healthy and this offense becomes lethal.

Thomas played against the Redskins...

(or maybe I'm just delusional. He's listed as not playing in the NFL.com Gamebook and Reiss said he wasn't on the field before the game, but neither was Wilfork, who also didn't play.)

I remember seeing a white #86 TE out there, but it could have been #88 Luzar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back