Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is curtis martin done?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DB15, Aug 8, 2006.

1. DB15

DB15 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

do you guys think he will start... or even finish the season ... he is one of my all time favorites but its not looking good

2. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -1

I've seen reports where he'll start the season on reserve/PUP.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +735 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I hope he's done and gets to live without a Super Bowl ring the rest of his life. He and Parcells conspired that B.S. contract that was within the rules but banned the year after. If he retires, good riddance.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2005
  4. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0

I agree, he is also one of my alltime favorites. His personality and demeanor would never let on that he is the #4 alltime rusher !!! He was/is a true hall of famer, came up big in big games (for the Pats at least), just a classy football player. What a career he has had, when we drafted him in the 3rd round, there was some suggestions by the media that Dino Philyaw, whom we picked in the 6th round, might turn out to be a better back, what a joke that turned out to be. I remember Parcells spewing his typical "Let's not put him in the Hall Of Fame just yet" tirade after Martin ran for over 100 yards and the winning TD in his first game ever. Well Tuna, is it time yet ? lol.

Seriously, I hope his career isn't over, but he did tell the Jets that drafting a running back might not be a bad idea (this past draft). Unfortunately for them, they didn't listen until the 4th round.

5. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i love Curtis..great player..great person. i wish he didnt have to end career like this with a horrible team and an injury

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +735 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I'm glad he did and I hope the little d!ck enjoys watching the Patriots' SB highlights so far and maybe more to come. That's what he gets for screwing us over with that BS poison pill contract. Admittedly if we'd kept him and not had to use a #1 on Robert Edwards, Pete Carrol may still be the coach so I guess it all worked out. Martin is still a snivelling little rat in my book, though.

7. DB15

DB15 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

well said..