PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Curtis Lofton worth reaching for in Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradyToMoss

Whereever Dan Connor ends up, weather it's 15-40 is anyone's guess. What we do know is that once he's picked, he might start the "run" on ILBs so to speak. I like Lofton alot, would it be worth it for us to deal up in Round 2 for this kid even if it costs us our late 3rd/4th ?

I wouldn't mind, especially if we trade back in the first, taking Goff at the late 2, since I'm not sure if he gets past the Jets at the top of the 3rd.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Jets pick before our 3rd rounder as part of the rotation since they have the same record (with the Raiders et al)

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind, especially if we trade back in the first, taking Goff at the late 2, since I'm not sure if he gets past the Jets at the top of the 3rd.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Jets pick before our 3rd rounder as part of the rotation since they have the same record (with the Raiders et al)

Not so, the Jets dealt their 3rd this year to Carolina for the Pillsbury Dough Boy - Jenkins

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont like the idea of trying to teach our defense to 2 rookie LBs in the same preseason. We need a impact player/pass rusher and without Colvin there it would seem OLB to be more of a need. I would feel more comfortable with a rookie OLB and a FA pickup like Spikes if Junior doesnt come back.
My dream scenario(if niether Long or Gholston are there-and its looking that way), we trade #7 for Suggs! If we do this I can see picking a rookie ILB like Goff in the 3rd after we settle our needs at CB and OL. Either way, I dont see Lofton a part of our plans. We might like to get him in 4-5 years after he is seasoned with another team....

I don't know. Don't you think Lofton is a little on the small side to play ILB in the 3-4?

I wouldn't trade up for him, but if he happened to fall I'd be elated. While he hasn't tested particularly well, his on-field play is very reminscent of Patrick Willis' at Miss.

People knock him for being "small", but he measured out in the same range as most other ILB who seem to skate by without that being criticized. If he finds himself in a good situation, I expect him to have a Lofa Tatupu-like impact. i.e.: People knew he was good, but for various reasons had reservations. In hindsight, they wish they had chosen him.

I wouldn't trade up for him, but if he happened to fall I'd be elated. While he hasn't tested particularly well, his on-field play is very reminscent of Patrick Willis' at Miss.

People knock him for being "small", but he measured out in the same range as most other ILB who seem to skate by without that being criticized. If he finds himself in a good situation, I expect him to have a Lofa Tatupu-like impact. i.e.: People knew he was good, but for various reasons had reservations. In hindsight, they wish they had chosen him.

Whats Teddy? 5'1/2"? 240lbs? Loftons not that much smaller. Al Wilson we would take. He's the same size. Zack Thomas?
DW Toys

I think they go with the following:

1. CB Mike Jenkins, USF
Arguably the top DB available. Best combination of ball skills + footwork.

2. OLB/DE Marcus Howard, UGA
Under the radar. 10 sacks last season. Top speed in draft class.

all over that 2 cents all over that

I wouldn't trade up for him, and I wouldn't consider taking him until the top of the 3rd round.

If given the choice between Lofton and Goff, I would choose Goff.

No. No he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye